Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > General Discussion

Internet Marketers: Will You Quit or Overcome The Obstacles Before You?

Views: 1793  
Old 11-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Award Winner

Default Internet Marketers: Will You Quit or Overcome The Obstacles Before You?

There is barely an industry on the Internet who has not been touched by those who quit and those who overcome obstacles to success. "Attrition" is a term that describes the "people who quit." I utilize the term attrition most often when

I am talking about subscribers who leave a newsletter's member list, while others discuss the term in regards to people who quit business opportunities to pursue greener pastures.

Silly Cows and Three-Year-Old Logic
I grew up in rural America, so I fast caught on to the phrase, "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." Those silly cows can be in a field full of lush, green grass, but it never fails that many of them will strain against the barbed wire fence to reach out for that brown grass outside their enclosure.

My three-year-old once explained to me, "Cows do not have any brains." I told him that of course cows had brains. He insisted they did not. I asked what made him so sure, and he responded, "Well, they don't know how to talk." Ah, the beauty of a child's logic.

Success Online Begins With Commitmens

Far too many people on the Internet have yet to figure out how to succeed online, but they are experts in how to quit, before they ever give themselves a chance to succeed.

Someone once told me that in network marketing, 80% of all new sign-ups quit one opportunity and move on to the next one, after only two weeks. That is one heck of an attrition rate.

Success online begins with the acceptance of one simple word, "commitment". Followed closely by commitment is investment. One must invest their time, their heart and soul, and sometimes their financial resources, in order to find the success they desire for themselves.

When I started my current business in 2001, quitting was not in my vocabulary. I started my business with the commitment to stick to my task until I found the success I desired.

In March of 2005, I quit my day job (which required 65 hours most weeks, and 90+ hours per week during December) and risked it all on my own belief that I had laid the foundations that would make me successful in the long run.

My revenues last year were three times higher than what they were, in the year that I quit working for other people.

After starting my online business, I kept my job for another three-and-a-half years, and then I went solo. I have been flying solo for just over three years now, and each year since leaving my job, I have been met with sales that continue to climb.

I recently did an analysis of my business' growth over the years since I started it. In four of six calendar years, my business grew by more than 100% in just twelve months.

For those of you who are not math-savvy, that means my sales doubled in four of six years - it tripled its sales in its first full year (against a partial-year), and it doubled its sales in its third, fourth and fifth years of operation. My business is in its seventh year of operation. I will have my seventh year anniversary in October of 2008.

Overcoming All Obstacles In Your Path

If I had quit my business opportunity after only two weeks like most people do, I would still be working a job 65 hours per week at a job I mostly hated. But, because I was willing to do what was required to overcome the obstacles in my path,

I now work from my home, available to my children when they need me. I was glad to leave the job world behind, especially during the Christmas shopping season when I had been required to work 90+ hours per week.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Award Winner

There is barely an industry on the Internet who has not been touched by those who quit and those who overcome obstacles to success. "Attrition" is a term that describes the "people who quit." I utilize the term attrition most often when

I am talking about subscribers who leave a newsletter's member list, while others discuss the term in regards to people who quit business opportunities to pursue greener pastures.

Silly Cows and Three-Year-Old Logic
I grew up in rural America, so I fast caught on to the phrase, "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." Those silly cows can be in a field full of lush, green grass, but it never fails that many of them will strain against the barbed wire fence to reach out for that brown grass outside their enclosure.

My three-year-old once explained to me, "Cows do not have any brains." I told him that of course cows had brains. He insisted they did not. I asked what made him so sure, and he responded, "Well, they don't know how to talk." Ah, the beauty of a child's logic.

Success Online Begins With Commitmens

Far too many people on the Internet have yet to figure out how to succeed online, but they are experts in how to quit, before they ever give themselves a chance to succeed.

Someone once told me that in network marketing, 80% of all new sign-ups quit one opportunity and move on to the next one, after only two weeks. That is one heck of an attrition rate.

Success online begins with the acceptance of one simple word, "commitment". Followed closely by commitment is investment. One must invest their time, their heart and soul, and sometimes their financial resources, in order to find the success they desire for themselves.

When I started my current business in 2001, quitting was not in my vocabulary. I started my business with the commitment to stick to my task until I found the success I desired.

In March of 2005, I quit my day job (which required 65 hours most weeks, and 90+ hours per week during December) and risked it all on my own belief that I had laid the foundations that would make me successful in the long run.

My revenues last year were three times higher than what they were, in the year that I quit working for other people.

After starting my online business, I kept my job for another three-and-a-half years, and then I went solo. I have been flying solo for just over three years now, and each year since leaving my job, I have been met with sales that continue to climb.

I recently did an analysis of my business' growth over the years since I started it. In four of six calendar years, my business grew by more than 100% in just twelve months.

For those of you who are not math-savvy, that means my sales doubled in four of six years - it tripled its sales in its first full year (against a partial-year), and it doubled its sales in its third, fourth and fifth years of operation. My business is in its seventh year of operation. I will have my seventh year anniversary in October of 2008.

Overcoming All Obstacles In Your Path

If I had quit my business opportunity after only two weeks like most people do, I would still be working a job 65 hours per week at a job I mostly hated. But, because I was willing to do what was required to overcome the obstacles in my path,

I now work from my home, available to my children when they need me. I was glad to leave the job world behind, especially during the Christmas shopping season when I had been required to work 90+ hours per week.

Latest News in General Discussion