Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Naveen and Priyanka tie the knot

Views: 2164  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Sr.Member

Default Naveen and Priyanka tie the knot

The wedding season seems to be in full swing what with television stars all heading up the altar. The latest couple to have tied the knot is Naveen Saini aka Vineet of Babul Ka Sapna Bidaai and his long time girlfriend and fellow actress Priyanka Srivastav.

“Actually it is quite an interesting story about how we met each other. Her sister who is also an actress and I were working together on a show. I met her and used to flirt with her but she never used to give me bhav. But soon we became good friends and Priyanka was my support when I was going through a terrible break up. Slowly I came to realize that this is the girl which I wanted to get married and she will be able to manage my family also. I proposed her and she immediately said yes,” says the happy groom.

Naveen says that he wanted to get married for quite awhile now. But says that there were lots of reasons for the delay.

“The real problem was that I was not settling in my career wise. And then I had responsibility of my sister also so we waited for her marriage. My parents were fine with our relationship but she was not ready to tell everything to her family. She was quite scared so her sister spoke to her family and they knew me very well as I was her good friend. They liked my nature. It took two years to convince her parents - not because they were not ready but because she was not ready to tell them.”

“So that is how we decided to get married after 6 years of being together. Since Delhi is my hometown and most of my relatives stay there we went to Delhi to get married. It was a typical north Indian wedding. I came on a ghodi and we performed all rituals properly,” adds Sahni.

Naveen says that while the marriage took place on a grand scale, the honeymoon will have to wait.

“Bidaai’s schedule is quite tight at the moment so had to get back quickly. Though we did go to Vaishnav Devi and then to Punjab for a few days. We have this ritual that after marriage humhe matha takene jana padta hai. However we will go for our honeymoon in the New Year. I have two three places in mind like China, Malaysia or Goa.. Let’s see,” says Naveen.

Priyanka, who was last seen in Grihasthi, has not taken up any show for time being and is enjoy being a housewife.

We wish the couple a happy married life.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->