Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Anandi taught Avika Gor

Views: 2028  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Award Winner

Default Anandi taught Avika Gor

Child actor Avika Gor is set to leave popular TV serial Balika Vadhu as the show is taking a five years leap. In mid-July, the child bride in Balika Vadhu on Colors channel will be five years older.

There is buzz that Pratyusha, who has never been seen on screen before, will replace Avika. Balika Vadhu became the most popular show as soon as it was launched on Colors in 2008. It started by depicting child bride Anandi, who is married off to an equally young boy Jagdish. The girl is thus unable to have a joyful childhood and is bound by her in-laws.

What next after Balika Vadhu, films or TV shows?
"I am now ready to explore new characters and my fans will see me in a different avatar very soon.”

What kind of roles are you looking forward in films?
“As far as films are concerned, I am not focused on a particular kind of a film or a director. As long as my role is meaningful and suits me as well. Rest of the decision is taken by my father as I am too young to take any big decisions."

Aren’t you feeling sad that you won't be playing Anandi anymore?
“Yes,everything about being Anandi was great. I am not very different from Anandi as a person. Anandi loves her parents a lot, talks a lot, has lot of fun and likes to study…in short she is very similar to the real Avika. I will definitely miss the fun which we used to do while shooting.We are like a big family. My father always tells me that whatever you do in life, learn from it and move on.”

What you would miss about the show?
“It is hard for me to say one thing, which I will miss. Since it was a routine for the last two years to come everyday on the sets and I will miss that the most. All the fun, pranks, talks and everything…”

What have you learnt from this show?
“Past experiences always come handy.Good or bad,it teaches you a lesson.Playing Anandi has taught me immensely in acting, this show was my first chapter in making me an good performer.”

Don’t forget to watch Anandi in Balika Vadhu every Monday to Friday at 8 pm only on Colors.

Latest Update Season 2@ Colors TV Show - Balika Vadhu 2 Latest Updates, New Star Cast, New Future Story, Daily Episode Written Update

About the show:
  • Latest Season 2 Update @ Colors TV Show - Balika Vadhu 2 Latest Updates, New Star Cast, New Future Story, Daily Episode Written Update
  • Balika Vadhu (English: Child Bride) is an Indian soap opera that aired on Colors TV between 21 July 2008 and 31 July 2016 and ran for 2245 episodes.
  • The story is set in rural Rajasthan and revolves around the life of a child bride transitioning from her childhood to womanhood.
  • The soap opera's first season focuses on Anandi and Jagdish, who were married in childhood. The second season reflects on the life of Anandi's daughter, Dr. Nandini (a.k.a. Nimboli) who was also a child bride.
  • Balika Vadhu was credited as the first Indian drama to complete 2000 episodes.
Seasons:
  • The show is divided into two seasons titled Balika Vadhu – Kacchi Umar Ke Pakke Rishte (English: Child Bride – Strong Relationships of Tender Age), and Balika Vadhu – Lamhe Pyaar Ke (English: Child Bride – Moments of Love).
  • A sequel of the series (Season 3) was in production as of February 2021 and is set to air on Colors TV

Dubbed versions and remakes
  • Tamil language as Mann Vasanai on Raj TV,
  • Telugu language as Chinnari Pellikuthuru on MAA TV
  • Malayalam language as Balika Vadhu on Surya TV.
  • Remade in Kannada language as Putta Gowri Maduve and telecast on Colors Kannada.
  • An animated series, Chhoti Anandi, was launched in 2016 and focuses on the adventures of 8-year-old Anandi and her friends. It was simulcasted on Colors TV and Rishtey from January to April 2016.[29] The animation was provided by HopMotion animation studio.
Controversies:
  • In 2009, the series was criticized in Indian Parliament, prompting the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to suspend its telecast and condemn the series for portraying child marriage in contravention of Indian constitutional law.
  • Balika Vadhu opened to mixed reviews from critics. While some appreciated the series for portraying the issues of child marriage, which had not been shown before on Indian television, others criticised it for glorifying child marriage
Season 2 (2021)

Tags
avika gor

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->