Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TOP News of this Week

Views: 1676  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-13-2021, 06:05 PM

Default TOP News of this Week

The week gone by has been an eventful one for the television industry. Let's take a look:

Mandira Bedi resumes work

One month after the demise of Mandira Bedi's husband Raj Kaushal, the actress has resumed work and called it to be the "first day" of the rest of her life. Mandira shared a photo of her getting ready for shoot and posted on her Instagram story. She wrote, "Today is the first day of the rest of my life' and 'Begin again'.

Sharad Kelkar replaced for stammering

Sharad Kelkar opened up about the struggles of his life in Maniesh Paul's podcast and revealed that he was replaced from a TV show for his stammering problem. The actor, who is seen in Bhuj: The Pride of India said, "I used to stammer since I was a kid. We call our mothers ‘Aai’ in Marathi. I had a problem calling her ‘Aai’. I used to stammer. I used to feel pretty humiliated in front of my friends as well. They would say, ‘You’ll take two days to say it. Keep quiet’. I never could go on stage. I used to sing. But stammering was a problem in my life. I was however managing it somehow and going ahead. But when it came to acting, I thought if I stammer while doing one-page scene, then life’s over. By that time, the voice I have, I didn’t realise and neither did people realise it. So I was replaced. And I took it happily. But then I thought of fixing it."

Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2 Promo

Featuring Nakuul Mehta and Disha Parmar, the promo of Ekta Kapoor's Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2 was released recently. The promo has been receiving rave reviews from the audience and people from the fraternity. Nakuul (Ram) and Disha (Priya) discuss about being single in their late 30s and he explains the three stages involved in getting married. Priya points out that they are on the same stage and cites it as something which is common between them.

Gashmeer Mahajani on financial battle and depression

Currently seen as Aditya in Imlie, actor Gashmeer Mahajani spoke to ETimes TV and opened up about facing financial crunch and about being depressed. The actor said, "I was in a state of depression for two and half years. From 26 to 28 and a half. I had done a film with Ashok Mehta which he was supposed to sell but he passed away. I couldn’t sell the film because I knew nobody in the industry. I suffered financial losses. After that, there was a dull period where I had no work for 2 years. There was nothing happening and nobody was accepting me. I shut myself in my bedroom for six months at a stretch. It was that bad. But one fine day you just wake up and say that this is not you. This is not how you are going to lead your life for the next 20 years. You go out and do whatever you want. So that’s when I called up people who were waiting for me to work with them as an actor. I called them and decided to work with them. I made up my mind that till the time I don’t find work which I want to do, I will do whatever I get."

Bigg Boss OTT: Sidharth Shukla and Shehnaaz Gill's entry

Bigg Boss OTT launched on August 8 with much fanfare and has 13 celebrated names from all walks of life. The digital show will be seeing the grand entry of Bigg Boss' popular pair - Sidharth Shukla and Shehnaaz Gill. The makers shared a silhouette picture on the digital platform’s social media handle and teased fans about the entry of ‘Boss Jodi’ on the coming first Sunday Ka Vaar episode. The picture gave a glimpse of the couple’s silhouette that fans guessed to be their favourite ‘SidNaaz’.

Sonarika Bhadoria's pending dues

Sonarika Bhadoria is yet to claim Rs 70 lakhs from the producer of the TV show, Dastaan-E-Mohabbat Salim Anarkali. Sonarika, who played Anarkali told BT, "They owed me 80 lakhs, but I have only been paid 7 to 8 lakhs so far. I have taken the legal route and I hope to get what is due to me."

The Big Debate: Is Indian Idol 12 scripted?

Ex-contestants Abhijeet Sawant, Prajakta Shukre, Amit Sana & Aditi Paul (from Season 1 of 'Indian Idol') spoke out on this most interesting debate on ETimes TV around the squabbles that have arisen in the social media and otherwise around the show. They all spoke up their mind and Abhijeet Sawant said, "I remember I used to be very scared that Anu Malik or Sonu Nigam might pass a harsh remark and think that it would stay life-long with me. There is no such thing happening now. Whatever is being rolled out is not for the contestants, it is only the audience that is being served. The audience today wants to see love and appreciation; they are not able to differentiate between a reality and non-reality show. They just want entertainment. With the advent of social media, the gap which existed between the makers and audience has closed, I don't think the makers also get the space and time of what they should actually do. It's all become a business, and a cut-throat one at that."

Bigg Boss OTT contestant Pratik Sehajpal: I am nobody's ex.

Bigg Boss OTT contestant Pratik Sehajpal was dating former Bigg Boss contestant Pavitra Punia for a brief period of time. Pratik, in an interview with ETimes TV said that he has his own identity and doesn't want to be known as somebody's ex. "If someone asks me about my past with Pavitra Punia, I won’t mind talking about it because my life is like an open book. Our relationship was just for a couple of months. I’ve been into many relationships which have lasted for 2-3 months, I don’t know why this is highlighted every time. I don’t have anything to hide. I am nobody ex and I’ve my own identity. I have landed here because of my hard work. I would not appreciate people linking my name to her. I would like my name to be associated with my mother and vice versa. I am not trying to take mileage using anyone’s name nor I want to give anyone mileage," said Sehajpal.

Late Anupam Shyam's brother's allegations against Aamir Khan

Veteran actor Anupam Shyam succumbed to multiple organ failure on August 9. After his demise, the late actor's brother Anurag spoke to a news channel and said that Bollywood actor Aamir Khan assured them financial help but stopped picking up their calls after a few months. He said, "Our family has been facing a lot. My mother died last month. Anupam was shocked but he couldn't go to Pratapgarh. Without a dialysis centre in the town, going there would have caused a major health risk for Anupam. We urged for a dialysis centre in Pratapgarh and we even went to Aamir Khan for the same. Aamir Khan gave us assurance but stopped picking our calls after a few months."

Here's why Raghav Juyal opted out of Dance Deewane 3

Raghav Juyal, who was hosting Dance Deewane 3 quit the show and is now shooting for Dance Plus 3. In an interaction with BT, Raghav cleared the air around it and said, “I feel comfortable when I am hosting Dance +. Dance Deewane got extended and my contract was getting over. I didn’t think the show would get an extension and I like hosting shows, which run for a stipulated period of time. Ideally, a music or dance reality show shouldn’t be extended like a daily soap. I had my commitment with Dance + and I will also be busy shooting for Farhan Akhtar's film. So, I had no choice, but to opt out of Dance Deewane."

Amitabh Bachchan starts shooting for Kaun Banega Crorepati 13

Amitabh Bachchan has started shooting for Kaun Banega Crorepati 13. The megastar shared a picture of himself seated on the hot seat and wrote, "back...on that chair from 2000...that’s 21 years...a lifetime!!...and gratitude to all that came along...this look." He looked suave in a black 3-piece suit.

Glimpses of The Kapil Sharma Show's set

The Kapil Sharma Show is back with its new season and the show's host, Kapil treated his fans with the glimpses of his revamped set. The set has a vibrant feel to it, with a few new additions. There’s a Hotel Chill Palace, an ATM machine, a 10-star grocery store. The show will premiere in August and Bollywood's superstars Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn with their respective film's teams have shot for the show. The fans are eagerly waiting to watch this new season.

Bigg Boss OTT: Shamita Shetty's allegation on Nishant Bhat

Bigg Boss OTT contestant Shamita Shetty made a shocking revelation on the show where she accused Nishant Bhat of 'crossing the line' with her. She shared with Divya Agarwal that during one of their shows at one instance she felt Nishant crossed the line with her and it made her uncomfortable. Since then she has just remained courteous and maintained a distance from him. She said “I don’t want to mention what incident it was but he once crossed the line with me and I didn’t like it. I told him sternly that he did wrong and he didn't speak to me after that. I just thought I should keep a distance from him because I don’t want to be reminded of that. At the stage also when I saw him I just reacted that I know him."

TV celebs' reaction to Neeraj Chopra's Olympic win

Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra created history as he became the first from India to win a gold medal in track and field at the Tokyo Olympics. Popular TV stars like Kapil Sharma, Shehnaaz Gill, Mohit Raina, Anup Soni, Karanvir Bohra, Sunil Grover and others congratulated the Indian javelin thrower. The 23-year-old farmer's son from Khandra village near Panipat in Haryana produced a second round throw of 87.58m in the finals to stun the athletics world and end India's 100-year wait for a track and field medal in the Olympics. Neeraj won India's seventh medal and first gold in this Olympics and joined shooter Abhinav Bindra (2008 Beijing Games) as India's individual gold winners in the showpiece.

Tags
10-star grocery store, aamir khan, Abhijeet Sawant, Abhinav Bindra, Aditi Paul, ajay devgn, akshay kumar, Amit Sana, amitabh bachchan, anup soni, Anupam Shyam, Ashok Mehta, ATM machine, Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2, Bigg boss 15, Bigg Boss OTT, Boss Jodi, Dance +, Dance Deewane 3, Dance Plus, Dance Plus 3, Dastaan-E-Mohabbat, Dastaan-E-Mohabbat Salim Anarkali, Disha Parmar, farhan akhtar, Gashmeer Mahajani, Hotel Chill Palace, Imlie, Indian Idol 12, kapil sharma, Karanvir Bohra, Kaun Banega Crorepati 13, Mandira Bedi, Maniesh Paul, mohit raina, nakuul mehta, Neeraj Chopra, Nishant Bhat, pavitra punia, Prajakta Shukre, Pratik Sehajpal, Raghav Juyal, Raj Kaushal, Shamita Shetty, sharad kelkar, Shehnaaz Gill, Sidharth Shukla, SidNaaz, Sonarika Bhadoria, Sunday Ka Vaar, sunil grover, The Kapil Sharma Show, The Pride of India, TOP News of this Week, top tv news, tv news

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->