Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Neil Nitin Mukesh in Tere Mere Beach Mein

Views: 2007  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-01-2009, 03:58 PM

Default Neil Nitin Mukesh in Tere Mere Beach Mein

‘Dad did not talk to me for six months’

Neil Nitin Mukesh’s decision to do a negative role in his debut film got him into trouble at home. The actor’s decision to sign on Johnny Gaddar upset his father, singer Nitin Mukesh, so much that he refused to speak to him.

The actor speaks about this and more in the talk show Tere Mere Beach Mein, hosted by choreographer-director Farah Khan, in an episode that covers the theme of ‘Freedom’. Neil and Abhay Deol, the other celebrity guest, talk about living within the rules laid down by their families and taking career decisions that got them flak.

About his decision, Neil – who hates interference – says, “My dad did not speak to me for six months because I signed Johnny Gaddar. He was so mad at me that he wouldn’t even speak to me during our meals. He told me, ‘You’re Mukesh’s grandchild and we’re known for our goodness, so how could you sign up for a negative role?’ I explained that it was necessary for people to recognise my acting abilities, that’s why.” He adds, “I wonder if any son has got such a wonderful gift from his father like I did. Dad later said that he respects me and is proud that I did the film.”

When Farah asks if he ever wanted to follow the family tradition of becoming a singer, and he replies, “Each individual has different interests. I can sing.” The handsome actor then regales the audience with his rendition of his grandfather’s song, ‘Ek din beet jayega maati ke mol’.

Watch the two young charismatic actors on Tere Mere Beach Mein, this Saturday at 9 pm on Star Plus.

Tags
tere mere beach mein

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->