Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

NDTV Imagine 'Janam Daata' - Full Details

Views: 2116  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 PM

Default NDTV Imagine 'Janam Daata' - Full Details

Sagar Arts
' show on NDTV Imagine 'Janam Daata' already boasts of some big names like Ram Kapoor, Neelu Kohli, Benjamin Gilani, Supriya Pilgaonkar and Pallavi Subhash, and the news coming in is that Priya Bhatija Shah and Amit Jain will be part of the younger generation of the show.

According to our source, "The concept of the show which is similar to Baghban will focus on four families, i.e. Gujarati, Maharashtrian, Punjabi and Muslim families. Priya Bhatija will play the daughter of one of the families".

"With this show, Amit Jain is back to essaying a full-fledged role after taking up cameo roles in Saat Phere and Kis Desh. His last show playing the lead role was 9X's Mere Apne", adds our source.

We tried calling Amit Jain but he remained unavailable for comments.

Priya Bhatija did not have any clue and said, "I have no idea about this show".

The show is expected to launch in August after the completion of Rakhi Ka Swayamvar on NDTV Imagine..

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-16-2009, 04:12 PM

The lid is slowly coming off the Sagar Arts show Saudagar (NDTV Imagine) which is now supposedly rechristened as Janam Daata. In what could be termed as a pleasant surprise, Janam Daata will primarily feature experienced actors in pivotal roles. After Ram Kapoor, the producers have roped in seasoned actors Supriya Pilgaonkar and Benjamin Gilani. In addition established names like Vivaan Bhatena and

Damini Anand are also part of the show. Mrinal Kulkarni, another seasoned artiste was approached but she couldn’t take up the offer.

Spilling some more beans, a source says, “The producers and the channel are leaving no stone unturned in making this a grand affair.

Vivaan Bhatena has been picked to play the role of the Punjabi guy. Rookie actor Nisha is playing his wife. Supriya Pilgaonkar and Benjamin Gilani play parental roles. Damini Anand is playing the Gujarati bahu.

Adding further, the source says, “This is perhaps for the first time that the support cast has been finalised before the lead. The shoot will commence from the second week of July. The show will probably launch in August after the completion of Rakhi Ka Swayamvar.”

When contacted, Supriya Pilgaonkar said, “Yes, I have been offered to play a Maharastrian character. Though, I’m keen on doing the show, things haven’t been finalised as yet.”

Meanwhile, Mrinal Kulkarni had this to say, “Yes, I was offered a role but I had to turn it down for want of dates. I’m busy shooting for two dailies (Raja ki aayegi baraat and Chhatrapati Shivaji) thus I have no dates left to do another show.

Vivaan Bhatena refused to comment. We sent text messages to Benjamin Gilani and Damini but both didn’t reply.

Tags
ndtv imagine, soap

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->