Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Smriti Irani wants to sing

Views: 2111  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-09-2009, 05:12 PM

Default Smriti Irani wants to sing

The famous face of television today, Smriti Irani talks about her childhood and shares her thoughts about what's next.

About her childhood she says, “I was a complete introvert, and I always found myself lost in my world. I used to sit alone in a corner in school, hiding and eating hurriedly so that nobody could spot me.”

Taking about what was so different in her she says, “From everyone else of my age was my ability to sing well. Putting my heart and soul into every note. Be it at the morning assemblies or otherwise, whenever someone in school was required to sing, I was summoned. Singing had become my only source of confidence. When we are young, we all look for that one thing that grounds us and makes us secure in the belief that we are headed in the right way.”

Recalling over when she was in the 11th standard, “I recall preparing for an important inter school singing competition. The teachers made sure I rehearsed on stage so I wouldn’t falter the next day. After that I practiced for an entire day so that I did not make any mistake.”

After that practice she knew that she will have problems singing the next morning, she says, “I woke up the next morning with my voice gone! There seemed to be something wrong with my vocal chords and I could not sing no matter how hard I tried. No amount of medicines helped me get my voice back. My dreams of singing on stage could not be realized. Not that day... not ever. Since then, I have not been able to sing even a single note in tune.”

The incident changed her a lot, she says, “As a teenager I spent all my life into it and by the end of it I got nothing. Until one day it all came crashing down. That’s when I realized the futility of planning things. I understood that you should never let anything external define you in a way your life depends on it.”

Her wish to be a journalist was left undone and so she started living on her own terms, she says, “With living an inconspicuous life, with the fact that it was okay to be unknown.”

Further more she says, “To become a journalist thereafter only cemented this idea and I have let life take its own course ever since.”

Seems she has come far with no plans, and her success only goes to prove that she takes it one day at a time. Maybe one day she will get up singing!

Tags
celebrity

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->