Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Jaankilavan Jasoos gets ready to fire..

Views: 2282  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-15-2010, 06:31 PM

Default Jaankilavan Jasoos gets ready to fire..

SAB TV's new detective comedy Jaankilavan Jasoos to go on air from 19 November.

SAB TV has always surprised its audience with its unusual 'hatke' concepts with the element of humour in it. But they have not had enough entertaining the audience with their already popular shows.

This time SAB with Fireworks Productions are coming up with a new show which is claimed to be India's first funny detective show, 'Jaankhilavan Jasoos'in short 'JJ'.

Speaking about the show, Mr Anooj Kapoor, Executive VP and Business Head, SAB TV says "In keeping with our strategy of differentiation through innovation, we have always launched shows which capture different flavours and genres of comedy. After having successfully launched India's first silent comedy Gutur Gu, we now add another first to the history of Indian television with the launch of a detective comedy"

Prabal Baruah, the Director speaks "The show was in conception for a long time and when SAB TV agreed to the concept, it was like experimenting a huge opportunity for me."

The show is scheduled on Fridays with the prime time slot of 9:00pm. With other daily soaps airing at the same time the apprehension of the audience view is an unavoidable factor.

Talking about this, Co-Producer Pradeep Uppoor from Fireworks Producrtions says "SAB TV has its own set of audience and like they have accepted Gutur Gu we are sure that the audience will accept this too."

Nitesh Pandey portrays the title role and speaking about his character he says "JJ is a person who does not have talent at all and has failed everywhere in his life. He solves the cases by default and that makes him to essay the role of a detective"

Nitesh also shares with us why he decided to take up 'Jaankhilavan Jasoos' "I was sitting idle at home for atleast one and a half years, after getting bored with all the serious roles in saas Bahu dramas. I had decided that when I come back I wanted that to be with a comedy flick. I always wanted to do something that will satisfy me as an actor and I am happy that I have taken up this role and every morning the adrenaline just gears up automatically when I think about the shoot of this show."

JJ has two assistants in his team; Monalisa aka Sonali Nikam as his secretary and Ching Fung Lee aka Vinod Rai as his office boy cum assistant known for his talent in martial arts.

Sonali Nikam reasons Tellybuzz for accepting the role and says "The role is completely different from the one that I am doing in Rakt Sambhandh. In Rakt Sambandh I portrayed one part of the human being which is very silent and sober, but it is a fact that there is a bit of humour in every human being. I have already portrayed one aspect of human being and when this project came up it gave me a chance to portray another face of it."

Vinod Rai who impersonates Ching Fung Lee aka CFL says "My character is of the assistant who has been with JJ for years and the character is a bit absent minded and he does whatever JJ asks him to do. And he is also a black belt in Karate. We are still developing the character and would be in shape in the coming episodes."

Well, the team is all set to take off from 19 November from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm every Friday. It will be interesting to watch how JJ solves a case after he himself destroys the evidences of his case.

Fireworks Productions, apart from producing Gutur Gu for SAB, have the long running shows CID and Aahat to offer on Sony..

Tags
jaankilavan jasoos, sab tv

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->