Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips

8 tech etiquette tips for job seekers

Views: 4206  
Old 02-23-2009, 08:41 AM

Stick to landlines

For any phone contact with a prospective employer, try to use a land line. With cell phones, there's too great a risk that you'll get a spotty connection, lose it altogether, or end up with excessive background noise if you're in a public place.

If you lack a land line, call from a quiet place like a hotel lobby. Have a pen and pad ready so you can jot down information.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:43 AM

Network the smart way

If you identify a hiring manager or other professional you'd like to connect with on an online networking site, don't merely send an electronic invitation without explaining why you want to get in touch. An out-of-the-blue request will likely be ignored.

"Write something like, "I was intrigued by your LinkedIn posting. I see you have 10 years of international experience. I too have 10 years of international experience,'" Wendleton said.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:43 AM

Manage your digital footprint

Hiring managers can be expected to go beyond your resume and references, and perform a background check online. So be judicious about what you post on social networking sites such as Facebook, and limit access to friends and family if it's something you wouldn't want an employer to see.

Likewise, think before posting political opinions or personal information in blogs or other online forums. Consider posting under a pseudonym rather than your name. "As a job candidate, I would encourage people to be conservative," said Willmer. "Assume that anybody has access to anything." |
Old 02-23-2009, 08:44 AM

And

Get personal

If you resort to e-mail pitches, make them personal. If you're introducing yourself to a hiring manager you've identified via a professional colleague, type that colleague's name in the e-mail's subject line and succinctly explain the link (example "John Doe referred me") so the manager is less likely to hit delete.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:04 AM

Good info for Job seeker!!!

Keep Posting such stuffs.

Tags
tips, toppers

Latest News in Career Forum & Tips