Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Khanak wins you through her simplicity

Views: 1490  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Default Khanak wins you through her simplicity

Just as her on screen persona in STAR One's Rang Badalti Odhani, petite and simpleton Khanak is no different in real life too.

As a welcome change, here’s a simple girl who values small things in life and believes in ‘remaining rooted for success is short lived’. Khanak on the show is a simple and selfless village girl who has come to a big city but has stuck to her roots.

In real life too, Yashashri believes in living a simple life. The girl travels in local trains as it enables her reach her sets in lesser time. She says, ''Trains are the best medium to commute as I stay in Vasai and my set is in Goregaon. I will continue travelling by train even if I buy a car. Traveling by road will take me two hours as compared to 45 minutes journey in train.''

So how does she deal with her over-enthusiastic fans in the train? ''You realise when someone is looking at you constantly. At times when I am in a pleasant mood and they confirm with me if I am the same girl who comes on Odhani, I say yes. But when I am tired or not in a frame of mind to interact with anyone, I hide myself behind a book that I am reading as I love to read or tell them that it’s not me but my twin sister (laughs). But I love all the attention.''

Khanak loves traveling by train for one more reason as she gets to meet her best friend Subhashini, who is a regular co-passenger. Like all Mumbaikars, Khanak too found an anonynous friend who would take the same train, but Subhashini did not know about her acting career. Says she, ''Subhashini travels by the same train. We started off as mere commuters but later went on to become best friends. She isn't really a fan of my show but follows it. We used to discuss the track and eventually became very close friends. So close have we become that I will soon move in with her somewhere near the sets of the show.''

Khanak strongly feels that people must remain grounded for it takes a lot of courage and persistence to stay rooted after reaching on top. ''Success isn't permanent. You are on top today and will hit your lows tomorrow. Only if you are nice to people during your success, will they offer a helping hand during your tough times. Always be normal and yourself'', quips she.
Khanak feels that her on-screen and off-screen life are quite similar as she is a very simple girl. ''It has always been easy for me to essay Khanak for she is so much like me. The only difficulty was to learn the language (Gujarati) but now I have become a pro at it. I am now half Gujarati and half Maharashtrian'', laughs she.

The actress shares a great camaraderie with all her co-actors. Surprisingly her best buddy off-screen is her on-screen arch rival Natasha (Rucha Gujrati). ''We are thick as thieves off - screen and love to pull Shaan's leg all the time. We crack jokes and have fun at his expense. Natasha and I share our lunch and have loads of masti off camera. We never leave a chance to take Shaan's case'', laughs she.

Watch simple and lovable Khanak captivate your hearts on Rang Badalti Odhani, Monday to Friday at 10:00 pm on STAR One.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->