Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips > Tech Forum & Tutorial > SAP Forum > SAP HR Forum

Best practices of Org Management

Views: 1104  
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 07-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Award Winner

Default Best practices of Org Management

Questions

What is the best practices or recommendation on maintaining OM data in live environment?

Currently we use PP01, PP02, PO13 etc to maintain infotypes. I showed my users the advantages of Org and staffing method and they quite liked it.

So is it best practice to maintain org data using Org and staffing method?

Answers

I believe each interface (expert, staffing and others interface) have a different function. In my organization we use ppome and ppom_old quite often (especially ppom_old) because it is relatively simple and fast, but there is a time where the expert interface (many time actually) is needed, especially when "fixing" something like double relationship just to mention. Personally i would not recommend ppo1, pp02, pp03 for day to day activity (like creating a new position and relationship) because you need to know the object id for related object (which you dont have to know in ppom_old because it is graphical and the relationship is automatically created). Use ppome for some information analysis and creating small number of position, use ppom_old for creating large structure of org.object, and use pp01. Po10, po13 to complete the rest of infotype (I prefer batch input if org.object is more than 20). Again, this is not best practice, I’m just sharing.

Latest News in SAP HR Forum