Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

OMG Bengali Dance Dance Junior Season 3 judge Rukmini Maitra

Views: 823  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-07-2022, 08:17 AM

Default OMG Bengali Dance Dance Junior Season 3 judge Rukmini Maitra

It’s indeed a new inning for actress Rukmini Maitra whose work profile ranges from recent release ‘Kishmish’ to Bollywood movie ‘Sanak’. The gorgeous diva, whose one smile can make hearts beat faster, is ready to make her reality TV debut as a celebrity judge. In a candid chat, the actress spoke about her experience as a celebrity judge, meeting young participants to the ‘challenges’ a judge has to face, and much more… (Photo: Facebook)

Reality TV debut

“I am super excited about my television debut as a judge. Until now, I have just appeared on television as a guest or to promote movies. But this is a totally different experience. I love to dance, so the project is really special. Moreover, the participants are kids and I love being around them. So, when the makers approached me, I quickly agreed,” says the actress. (Photo: Facebook)

'​Never expected the duty of a judge to be so tough'

While audiences are eager to see the diva on the small screen, Rukmini explained how the duty of a judge is never easy. “When I agreed to do the show, I didn’t have much in my mind. But after the shooting started, I realised how hard it is to be a judge. Initially thought I would appear, watch the performances, and look good on-screen; that’s all. But trust me, it is a really tough job. These young participants are immensely talented. I mean they are barely a few feet and can compete with the grownups. So, when you have to judge them, give scores and based on that elimination will take place; the task becomes hugely tough,” she says. (Photo: Facebook)

'​We must learn from children'

The actress is thoroughly enjoying her current experience. “I am learning a lot from these children. These kids are impeccably talented and know different dance forms. I haven’t even heard most of these names. They have no inhibitions, and are really hardworking and immensely talented. We, grown ups, have to deal with so many inhibitions including the one – Loke ki bolbe? (what will people say). This takes away a lot of things from us. But look at these kids, they have no inhibition. They perform with full confidence and that’s worth learning. Another thing is, these kids cheer for others despite knowing that they are competitors. If one of them is chosen the other one might lose his/her spot. Despite that they cheer for fellow contestants. That’s commendable and everyday, I learn something new from them,” says Rukmini. (Photo: Facebook)

'I can’t see these kids leaving the show'

Rukmini confessed that eviction makes her emotional. “I can’t see these kids leaving the show. We have shot two episodes and had to go through the elimination process. I literally cried bidding goodbye to them,” she confesses. (Photo: Facebook)

​On Bollywood projects

Rukmini has already made her debut in ‘Sanak’ starring Vidyut Jamwal. On the other hand, she is one of the most sought-after actresses in Tollywood. “I am handling both the fronts. Soon, I will visit Mumbai again.” (Photo: Facebook)

Tags
Bengali, Bengali TV Shows, Bengali TV Stars, Dance Dance Junior 3, Rukmini Maitra, Sanak, Vidyut Jamwal

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->