Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > General Discussion

What You Should Do If You Have Home Loan?

Views: 479  
Old 06-08-2022, 12:26 PM

Default What You Should Do If You Have Home Loan?

What You Should Do If You Have Home Loan?
  1. Look for the lowest interest rate: All the banks in the country do not charge the same interest rates on home loans. The interest rate of HDFC Bank will, in all possibilities, be different from that of the State Bank of India (SBI). Borrowers can transfer their loan from one lender to the other, which provides loans at a lower rate of interest. For most banks, this is a process with no penalty.
  2. Extend the tenure: The longer the tenure, the lower the EMI. If you feel that you cannot pay the EMIs due to financial stress, ask the bank to extend the tenure of your home loan. Most banks offer maximum tenure till the borrower is 60 years old.
  3. Partial Prepayment: Another option is that the borrowers can pay a part of their loan, along with one installment. This will bring down the EMI burden as the amount paid will be adjusted from the outstanding principal amount. The tenure will also get reduced from this.
  4. Exit lower return investments: Borrowers must closely relook at their existing investments. If the investments are providing a lower return than the interest being paid on the home loan, it is advisable to exit that. The amount can be used to partially pay the loan and lower the EMIs in return.
  5. Think twice before applying for a new loan: The borrowers are also advised to check their financial health before applying for a new loan. If the interest rates have risen, you will have to pay higher interest on the new loan, increasing the burden on the existing loan. It is advisable to close the existing loan first.
Rising EMIs: What You Should Do If You Have Home Loan?

RBI MPC Meeting: Governor Shaktikanta Das announced a hike of 50 basis points in the repo rate on Wednesday. This is expected to push EMIs on home loans higher. What can you do to decrease the burden? Know here

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced a hike of 50 basis points in the repo rate to raise it to 4.9 per cent. In May, the RBI had announced a surprise hike of 40 basis points in the benchmark interest rate from 4 per cent to 4.4 per cent. RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das announced the measure in a bid to tame the rising inflation, especially in food and fuel

For the unversed, the Repo rate is the rate at which banks can borrow from the RBI. The burden of this generally falls on the general public. If the banks have to pay a higher interest rate on loans to the RBI, they are most likely to charge higher from their customers too.

With the latest move, the banks are most likely to hike their EMIs further. Since the May 2022 announcement, several banks have already hiked their interest rates on the loans. The latest announcement is most likely to push the EMIs higher.

Tags
Can I take 2 home loans, Can you be denied a loan after pre-approval, Can you buy a property with 10 deposit, Does home loan save tax in India, Home Loan, How can I check my cibil score, How can I increase my chances of getting a home loan, How much do I need to make for a 250k mortgage, How much home loan can I get on 40000 salary, How much income do you need to qualify for a $200 000 mortgage, How much loan can I get on 50000 salary, How much loan I can get if my salary is 25000, Is taking home loan a good idea, tips, What are the new mortgage lending rules, What banks look at mortgage fees, What factors do banks consider when giving loans, What is best way to borrow money, What is the easiest way to get approved for a home loan, What should be kept in mind for home loan, What should I know before getting a loan, Which bank is best for home loans, Which tenure is best for home loan

Latest News in General Discussion