Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips > SAP HCM Forum

Resolved: Payroll Area change won't save on IT0001

Views: 862  
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 04-21-2021, 10:54 AM

Default Resolved: Payroll Area change won't save on IT0001

Question, Issue:
we have a situation where we need to change the payroll area for an employee on infotype 0001. We can copy a new IT0001 using PA30, or generate a new IT0001 with a change of position action using PA40, but in either case it won't save a new payroll area. It keeps popping the old value into the field. I understand all about not being able to change the payroll area after payroll has run, etc. This isn't that. If I hire a brand new test employee who has never had payroll run it still won't save any updates to the payroll area field on IT0001. I know it isn't re-pulling the default from feature ABKRS because I changed and re-activated ABKRS with a different value after initial creation and it still is popping back in the original payroll area value. It just won't save any changes to payroll area no matter how we try it. It lets us type in changes, but won't save. Any idea what might be driving this behavior?

Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 04-21-2021, 10:54 AM

Solution, Fix, Answers:
ABAP developers to look into it. He found a user exit which is populating the payroll area on IT0001. Feature ABKRS defaults correctly upon initial hire, but when you go to save the record it pulls the payroll area from the user exit. So it is really like feature ABKRS isn't being used at all. I have only been here a couple of months and don't know the history, but I will be trying to have the user exit eliminated. At least this makes more sense now.

Latest News in SAP HCM Forum