Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Do you know @ Top TV News of this time

Views: 3396  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Default Do you know @ Top TV News of this time

Eijaz Khan

It may not be for work, but Eijaz Khan is in the news again. There’s buzz that he’s seeing a Canadian singer Natalie Di Luccio.

Eijaz has been spotted with Natalie on a few occasions in recent times. He was seeing Anita Hasnandani for a long time until they split last year. Eijaz clearly has moved on, but is his liaison with Natalie something serious or are they ‘just friends’? Well, that only time will tell. Natalie apparently is a classical crossover singer from Canada.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:57 PM

Still from Dill Mill Gaye

Soaps, weekend special serials, films, reality shows and lots more. Channels are competing with each other like never before.

But amidst all the smiles and tears (we mean the saas, bahu, beti soaps), there’s hardly anything for the young viewer. Gone are the days when Hip Hip Hurray, Sunn Yaar Chill Maar, Dil Se Dosti and many other shows had a huge fan following among youngsters.

Actor Arjun Bijlani, who is part of Miley Jab Hum Tum, one of the very few youth-based serials, says, “Shows for youngsters are limited because there are not many takers for these programmes. And family- oriented soaps are getting high TRPs. So at the end of the day it is all about business. Being a youngster myself, I prefer watching shows like Friends, music-based reality shows, films et al and not family oriented soaps.” On the other hand, actor Rajiv Paul has a different take on this. “There are a couple of channels catering to young audiences between the age group of 18-25 years. So if the GECs do not produce youth-based shows, I think it’s fine.” There are mixed reactions from actors in the telly industry. While some feel there’s a dearth of such shows, others say reality shows do cater to the needs of the young viewers.

Nikhil Gandhi, programming head of a channel focusing on the age group between 18 and 25 years, says, “GECs are catering to women and family audiences. They are also focusing on rural areas and small towns. They don’t produce soaps for youngsters because it will not click with them. As per the TRP studies, youngsters are fond of reality shows and that speaks about their popularity.”

It’s all about TRPs after all. Producer Amrit Sagar says, “The youngsters in metros prefer watching globally recognised shows and channels. There are a couple of shows that are targeted for rural and small town girls and guys who dream of making it big in cities. That apart, various formats of reality shows strike a chord with youngsters.”

Ask Niyati Shah, a collegian about her TV viewing habits and she says, “There was a time when the daily soaps were good, but now they have become boring and repetitive. I only like to watch new reality shows like Fear Factor, Roadies, Lovenet and Emotional Atyachaar. These are the only shows that make some sense to me and I love discussing themwith my friends.”
Old 06-11-2010, 06:57 PM

Naman Shaw|Megha Gupta

Megha Gupta

Megha Gupta and Naman Shaw were once in love around the time they did Nach Baliye, and they were planning to get married too.

Now it’s said that their relationship was one big lie and it was just a professional tie-up! Well, if that’s true then it’s really sad. Megha recently was linked with Pracheen Chauhan too, but soon Pracheen came out in the open about his relationship with Archana Taide. So who’s the man in megha’s life? Well, the new rumour is that she’s always been friendly with a director called Nisar Pervez, who is working with her in Geet. Hmmm... what do we say now?
Old 06-11-2010, 06:58 PM

Tags:Ahmed Khan|Chak Dhoom Dhoom|
A still from the show

The little ones participating on Chak Dhoom Dhoom, the dance reality show, continue to rock it!

In the upcoming episode of the show, Piyush, the talented dancing prodigy from Jammu, showed his talent in street dancing, a form made popular by the evergreen street dance phenomenon, Govinda. This time around, dance gurus, Bosco-Ceaser and Ahmed Khan stepped in to show the audiences a real glimpse of street dancing on the popular track Street Dancer of Ilzaam, which was filmed on Govinda and Neelam. The trio showcased some amazing styles from popping, locking to b-boying – something we’re sure even Govinda didn’t know while shooting for his film. Choreographer Ahmed Khan said, “In recent times Hrithik, Shahid and Ranbir have showcased some amazing styles of street dancing in their films.” Catch all this and more tonight at 9 on Colors.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:59 PM

Tags:khushboo|DID Li’l Masters|Amrita Mitra

Amrita Mitra with Khushboo

All’s not going well for Amrita Mitra these days! Her dreams to become India’s biggest dancing star in the season 2 of Dance India Dance got crushed earlier this year, now her team ‘Amrita ke Aflatoon’ on DID Li’l Masters seems to have come under rough weather lately.

Following three eliminations in a row, poor Amrita is currently left with just li’l Khushboo as her lone warrior. But not the one to give up, Amrita is confident that Khushboo is equivalent to 10 contestants. Though Khushboo left the audience spellbound with her performance of Raavan and Hanuman in a recent episode, Amrita had no choice, but to nominate her for elimination in the upcoming Saturday episode.

To Amrita’s relief Khushboo’s semi-classical dance act to Ambe Ambe not only won her a standing ovation, but the usually strict judge Farah Khan appreciated her. After all it’s no joke for a little girl to enact 12 avatars of goddess Durga. Said Amrita, “There’s a lot riding on Khushboo at the moment and I know she’s facing a lot of pressure. I’m doing my bit to ensure that the grind of the competition doesn’t get to her. I have no doubts that Khushboo will do me proud and keep Amrita Ke Aflatoon afloat.” For all this excitement and more, watch DID Li’l Masters every Friday and Saturday at 9.30 pm on Zee TV.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->