Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TV Stars Talk about Prioritising mental health

Views: 907  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-26-2022, 12:26 PM

Default TV Stars Talk about Prioritising mental health

Actress Pallavi Dey’s death by suicide has left her friends and fans in deep shock. The actress was reportedly found hanging from the ceiling fan on May 15. Before Tolly Para could overcome the shock, model Bidisha De Majumder was reportedly found hanging from the ceiling fan in her flat on Wednesday night. A suicide note too was recovered from the model's room, according to police sources. The incidents have raised many questions and also highlighted the importance of addressing mental health issues. ETimes TV spoke with Gourab Roy Chowdhury, Suman Dey, Arkoja Acharya, Sayak Chakraborty and Nabanita Malakar. Here’s what they have to say

​Gourab Roy Chowdhury

The actor, who is currently busy with the shooting of ‘Pilu’, spoke about prioritisig mental health. “We need to be attentive and notice whether our family members, friends, and dear ones are dealing with any issue. It is our duty to make sure that the person next to me, feels alright and is not suffering from any issue. If he or she is dealing with any issue, we should listen to them, and help them find a solution. Seeking help from a psychologist is really important as well,” says Gourab. The actor spoke about prioritising self-love. “We all have to face hurdles in our lives. Moreover, pandemic has made things critical. Success and failure are temporary. And heartbreak doesn’t mean the end of life. We should love ourselves first, keep ourselves motivated and make sure that others are happy too. Personally, I keep myself busy with constructive work. And when I feel down due to any reason, I stay positive by reading books, watching films or channelizing my energy in constructive work like editing or making a video,” he adds. (Photo: Facebook)readmore

Suman Dey

The model-turned-actor is gearing up for his upcoming show ‘Tumii Je Amar Maa’. "Prioritising mental health is very important. Whenever someone asks me for any suggestion, I ask them to continue their fight and realise that failure and success are a part of life. I urge them to stay positive,” says Suman. The actor shared how he concentrates on mental wellness. “Along with physical exercise, I meditate, do mental exercise and prioritise my goals. I know, at times things are hard to cope up with but trust me, we can overcome everything. I also try to keep myself close to my root, make sure that I don’t forget my past or get carried away by the reel life. We also need to realise that there is a huge difference between real and reel life. In no way, we should blindly follow what we see on social media. I maintain a simple lifestyle and always try to keep spirit high.” (Photo: Facebook)

Arkoja Acharyya

The actress, who started her career with theatre highlighted the importance of mental wellbeing. “Mental health is a very important topic and we need to talk about it more frequently,” she says. Arkoja also spoke how addressing mental issues have become important amid the pandemic. “Because of COVID and lockdown, things have become more critical. Many people have lost their job, and suffered personal losses too. Under such circumstances, addressing mental health issues are even more important. Dealing with mental stress and depression aren’t easy. We should discuss our problems with friends and seek professional help. We also need to raise our voice against the taboo attached to mental health issues and seeking help from professionals,” says Arkoja. (Photo: Facebook)

Sayak Chakraborty

“The recent incidents have shown us how important it is to prioritise mental health. At times, professional issues, personal losses, and heartbreak aren’t easy to deal with. We need someone with whom we can share our problems. We need someone who can listen to us without being judgemental. Seeking professional help is really important. Counselling can help us deal with the issues which we can’t address alone,” says Sayak. (Photo: Facebook)

Nabanita Malakar

The actress also shared her opinion. “Our profession isn’t stable. There is success and failure as well. I came from a middle class family and came to Kolkata with many dreams. I had my share of struggle and one thing, that you have to keep fighting. And for that keeping yourself positive is a must,” she says. (Photo: Facebook)

Tags
​Gourab Roy Chowdhury, Arkoja Acharyya, Nabanita Malakar, photos, Sayak Chakraborty, Suman Dey, tv stars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->