Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Irrfan Khan in MTV Roadies 7, replacing Raghu Ram

Views: 3681  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-31-2009, 06:50 PM

Default Irrfan Khan in MTV Roadies 7, replacing Raghu Ram

Mumbai: Actor Irrfan Khan will be a part of MTV Roadies 7, Indian television's longest running annual reality show. Irrfan Khan is slated to appear on the Season-7 to throw add a twist to the popular show. Wiki caught up with the actor for his take on the show.

Wiki: You are looking mean already, with the glasses, the bike and the leather jacket. The 'Roadies' is really an extreme show. It has a lot of of swearing, violence, back-biting, scheming, plotting.How do you fit in?

Irrfan Khan: I make it more intense. I give more challenges. I I throw mental and physical challenges. I twist the plot. I give them situations that they can never ever imagine even in their dreams.

Wiki: What is the real reason for your doing the 'Roadies'? Is it the adventure, the Reality TV bandwagon that you want to catch up on?

Irrfan Khan: Oh no, no. I do not want to catch up on (anything). I have enough things going for me. I am here to be part of adventure. I love travel, I love adventure. There is action as well in the programme, so that

is what brought me into this programme.

Wiki: You are a very critically-acclaimed actor and we wish to know a little more about your films to come.

Irrfan Khan: Acid Factory is just about to be released next month. After that Hisss is a Jennifer Lynch film.

Wiki: We do not get to hear a lot of rumours about Irrfan Khan. But there is a lot of news doing the rounds of tabloids and on the internet about how you had an ******** scene with Dia Mirza and that you accidentally kissed her on the lips when you had to kiss her on the cheeks. Is that true?

Irrfan Khan: The like to write about me stuff which is more sensuous. I don't know why but I do not mind if they want to. They keep making this kind of stories, I do not mind if people like it, read it. I can't stop them and I am not bothered about them. Let them do their job, I am doing my job.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-31-2009, 06:51 PM

MTV India has announced that the seventh season of its flagship cult reality show Roadies will be held in Africa.

Roadies season seven comes with a tagline “7 Deadly Sins, 1 wild Safari”. The season will begin from Bhuj in Gujarat and will enter North Africa covering Egypt, Kenya and Tanzania.

The channel has already taken contestants to (for season six) and Thailand and Malaysia (in season five). MTV has called for auditions and the registration is closing on 16 September.

Apart from host VJ Ranvijay, who will also ride with the Roadies this year, Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan will also join the Roadies team this season.

For the season, the first phase of audition is happening online, followed by second round which will be on ground in Kolkata, Bangalore, Chandigarh,and Mumbai.

MTV India GM and senior VP – creative and content Ashish Patil commented, “The 7th season of MTV Hero Honda Roadies promises to be the deadliest and wildest ride ever as we take the battle across Africa. And adding a whole new level of menace this year will be the incredibly talented Irrfan Khan. All we can say is enter, only if you dare.”

On his association with Roadies, Irrfan Khan said, “I am on board with MTV Hero Honda Roadies for two reasons – I love this show and I’m always game for action, adventure and travel.”

Once again, Hero Honda Karizma has joined Roadies as the title sponsor for the show. Other partners include Red Fm, IBN 7, CNN-IBN, IBN Lokmat, Big Cinemas, Overdrive and Crosswords.

Tags
celebrity, mtv, reality show, roadies 7

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->