Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

8th Indian Telly Awards Winners are here

Views: 8877  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Sr.Member

Default 8th Indian Telly Awards Winners are here

Best Game Show
Dus Ka Dum - Sony
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up

Best Kid's Programme
Boogie Woogie - Sony
Old 12-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up

Best Comedy Talent Show
Comedy Circus 2 - Sony
Old 12-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Sitcom/Comedy Programme

Best Sitcom/Comedy Programme
Yes Boss - Sony S
Old 12-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Reality Show

Best Reality Show
Bigg Boss 2 - Colors
Old 12-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Dance Talent Show of 2008

Best Dance Talent Show
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa
Sony
Old 12-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Singing Talent Show of 2008

Best Singing Talent Show
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge ZeeTV
Old 12-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Child Artist (Female) of 2008

Best Child Artist (Female)
Avika Gor (Balika Vadhu)

Avika Gor - Best Child Artist and Best Fresh Face.

An excited Avika exudes, “I am feeling really honoured to have received these awards. As I mentioned on stage, I thank my producers and the entire team of Balika Wadhu for this award. It belongs to them. Each one from the team of our show is immensely talented. I wished my co-star Avinash Mukherjee had won an award but unfortunately he didn’t. I was really happy when his name was announced for the nomination of best child artist (male). I am feeling great that my work has been appreciated and I will try to do better.”

Old 12-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Child Artist (Male) of 2008

Best Child Artist (Male)
Krish Karnavat
(Main Teri Parchhain Hoon)

Krish Karnavat (Mai Teri Parchhain Hoon) says, “This is the second time I have got an award from Indian television.com. Last time, I was bestowed with the New Talent award and today, I have received the Indian Telly Awards. I want to collect more such awards. I am very happy that I have got this award. In other categories, I am cheering for Avika didi. I am enjoying the function. I have liked many performances but the performance of Sambhavna was the best. I also liked the clown act.”

Old 12-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Actor in a supporting Role (Male) of 2008

Best Actor in a supporting Role (Male)
Jai Bhanushali (Kayamath)
Old 12-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female) of 2008

Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female)
Smita Bansal
(Balika Vadhu)
Old 12-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Actor in a Comic Role (Male) of 2008

Best Actor in a Comic Role (Male)
Deven Bhojani
Baa Bahoo Aur Baby
Old 12-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Actor in a Comic Role (Female) of 2008

Best Actor in a Comic Role (Female)
Sucheta Trivedi
Baa Bahoo Aur Baby
Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Actor in a Negative Role (Female) of 2008

Best Actor in a Negative Role (Female)
Surekha Sikri - Balika Vadhu
Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Actor in a Negative Role (Male) of 2008

Best Actor in a Negative Role (Male)
Jatin Shah - Kasturi
Old 12-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Fresh New Face - (Male) of 2008

Best Fresh New Face - Male

Angad Hasija - Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai

How does it feel to have won the Best Fresh Face award?
It feels great to win an award as it shows that people like your work. It is an appreciation of your hard work. I was sad when I lost an award at the New Talent but this time I got lucky as I got the chance to take the prestigious award home.

Which is your favourite TV show?
It goes without saying that my favourite show is Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai. The show has made me what I am today.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Fresh New Face - (Female) of 2008

Best Fresh New Face - Female
Avika Gor
Balika Vadhu
Old 12-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Programme with a social message of 2008

Best Programme with a social message
Balika Vadhu -Colors
Old 12-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Anchor of 2008

Best Anchor
Salman Khan - Dus Ka Dum
Old 12-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Television Personality of 2008

Best Television Personality
Akshay Kumar
Old 12-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Lifetime Achievement Award of 2008

Lifetime Achievement Award
Raghav Bahl - Network 18
Old 12-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Daily Serial of 2008

Best Daily Serial
Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai - Star Plus
Old 12-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Hindi Entertainment Channel of the year 2008

Best Hindi Entertainment Channel of the year

Old 12-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Actor Male of 2008

Best Actor Male
Sharad Malhotra (Banoo Main Teri Dulhann)

It feels great. Yeh award paane ke baad, ab toh acting ka keeda phut phut ke bahar aayega. Telly awards are the most genuine and devoid of any rigging. Thus to get this is indeed precious. I have won two Telly awards in the previous year – best new actor and best couple. This time I’ve gone one step better. I want to continue this habit.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Sr.Member

Thumbs up Best Actor Female of 2008

Best Actor Female
Parul Chauhan & Sara Khan
(Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai)

How does it feel to have won the Best Actress award?
One wouldn’t believe but it always feels like the first time. I have bagged an award at the New Talent Awards and this is my second award bestowed by Indian television. But it just felt like the first time. My tears were about to roll down but I kept controlling my emotions. It is always a great feeling to win an award.

Who is your favourite TV actor?
Oh there are so many. I simply love Rajeev Khandelwal as he doesn’t really act but his eyes express it all. I also like Ronit Roy, Smriti Irani, Sakshi Tanwar. I have learnt a lot from Alok ji and Vibha ji who are my on-screen parents. We were raw when we entered in the industry but they have helped us polish our s****s.

Who is your favourite TV jodi?
I love Ranvir (Kinshuk Mahajan) and my jodi and I also like the on-screen chemistry of Sadhna (Sara Khan) and Alekh (Angad Hasija). My all time favourite jodi is Kashish (Aamna Shariff) and Sujal (Rajeev Khandelwal).

Old 12-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Sr.Member

Default 8th Indian Television Academy Awards Photo Gallery

8th Indian Television Academy Awards Photo Gallery
Old 12-20-2008, 11:00 AM
superman

Default CNBC-TV18 wins 'best business channel award' at Indian Television Academy Awards news

Business channel CNBC-TV18 has received the 'best business channel of the year' award at the 8th Indian Television Academy Awards for the second year ina row.
CNBC-TV 18 managing editor Udyan Mukherjee, said, "Awards like these motivate us further to deliver the best of content to our viewers. It is all because of the excellent team that CNBC-TV18 over the years has established and sustained itself as one trusted sources when it comes to business news"
While speaking at the occasion Neel Chowdhury, VP marketing CNBC-TV18 and CNBC AWAAZ said, "We see these awards as a testament to viewers' trust in us when it comes to business news. We shall continue to be the undisputed leader in business news and strive to continually raise the bar in business programming."
CNBC-TV18 is currently available in over 30 million households in India.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:02 AM
superman

It was that night of the year to celebrate and retrospect at the year gone by… it’s the only time when stalwarts to new comers from the television industry descend all at the same place to party and have fun. So, here they are… from Kamya Punjabi to Shweta Tiwari, from Ronit Roy to Eijaz Khan, Sara Khan to Monica Bedi, all made their presence at the 8th Indian Telly Awards on December 18, 2008 at the Chitrakut Grounds, Veera Desai Road, Andheri (W).
The evening was hosted by the motor-mouth Cyrus Broacha and the adorable Mini Mathur. There was more to the celebration then just the naach gaana, the evening had some rib tickling comic acts by Kamya Punjabi, Purbi Joshi, Ali Asgar and winner of Comedy Circus 2 Juhi Parmar.
So watch out for all the masti and dhamal of The Eighth Indian Telly Awards on Wednesday, December 31 at 9.30 pm exclusively only on Sony Entertainment Television.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Sr.Member

Default Colors bags 18 trophies at ITA

Colors, the Hindi General Entertainment channel by Viacom 18 Media Pvt. Ltd (a joint venture between Viacom Inc and Network18) won several awards at the 8th Idea Indian Television Awards. The unique shows from Colors palate got the channel a big round of applause at the recently concluded ITA Awards Function.

Colors bagged 18 awards in various categories which includes Jury's Award for Best Show Drama: Balika Vadhu, Best Reality Show: Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi, Best Actress Drama: Anandi played by Avika Gor in the show Balika Vadhu, Little Wonder: Krishna played by Krishna Bhatia in the show Jai Shri Krishna, Best Mythological: Jai Shri Krishna, Best Director: Arjun Menon for Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi, Jury's Award for Best Director: Siddharth Sengupta for Balika Vadhu and TV Icon of the Year: Akshay Kumar for Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi. The Indian Television Academy award, are considered the most coveted signet of excellence in Television Industry.

Commenting on winning these awards Ashvini Yardi, Programming Head, Colors said "Colors will never rest on its laurels. The commended applauds and appreciation we have received ever since we launched has given us greater impetus to work harder. We will continue to add distinctive content to the Colors basket adding value for our viewers and sustaining the leading position. These Awards will be looked upon as an annual festival of joy by the entire Colors fraternity."
Old 12-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Sr.Member

Honours for Colors:

Jai Shri Krishna
:

1. Best Mythological
2. Little Wonder - Krishna Bhatia
3. Best Art Direction – Chokas Bharadwaj
4. Best Costumes - Sheela Sagar
Bigg Boss Season 2:

1. Shilpa Shetty">Shilpa Shetty - GR8 TV Laurels Achievement Award
Balika Vadhu: