Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips > Tech Forum & Tutorial > SAP Forum > SAP HR Forum

Data Migration Legacy data date I have the following query with regard to the da

Views: 1632  
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 08-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Award Winner

Default Data Migration Legacy data date I have the following query with regard to the da

Questions

I have the following query with regard to the data migration of the Employee Master data:

The legacy data of the employee starts from the date 01.01.1970.
During the data upload do I need to create the employee record in SAP backdated to 01.01.1970 or I can create the record dating back to 01.01.2010.

I am uploading the data for the purpose of Time Recording only, but later all the Legacy HR modules will be migrated to SAP.

Answers

First, please ensure the dates for all your configured entries (wage types, absence types, etc.) date back to the legacy data date or before.

Second, you will have to modify the payroll and time control records to date back to the legacy data date for the duration of the upload (and reset it back to normal after upload).

Third, from a time management configuration perspective, I would recommend having a dummy work schedule rule created and entered into IT 0007 from the legacy data date to the go-live date.

Lastly, ensure from the control records perspective that no entries are permitted before the go-live date.

Latest News in SAP HR Forum