Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TV Stars share their Bakri Eid plans

Views: 3512  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-16-2010, 07:58 PM

Default TV Stars share their Bakri Eid plans

Tomorrow is Bakri Eid one of the most important festivals for Muslim. There is an interesting story behind the festival. It is believed that Allah once challenged Prophet Ibrahim by asking him to sacrifice the person closest to him. Prophet Ibrahim accepted the challenge and sacrificed his son Ismail. After he opened his eyes he was surprised to see that his son was unharmed and a dead Ram was lying next to him. Since then Muslim’s sacrifice a goat or ox on the festival of Bakri Eid.

We spoke to some of our television stars to find out how they will be celebrating the festival.

Aakashi aka Adaa Khan
How will you be celebrating Bakri Eid this year?
I will be shooting tomorrow but I have taken an off on Basi Eid. The sacrifice and other rituals are not allowed in my society so I will be visiting my aunt’s house where we will have a family get together and feast on Biryani. On the main day of Id I will bring sweets like sheer korma for the cast and crew of Behenein.

Special memories associated with the festival?
We celebrate Bakri Eid at my aunt’s house every year. As kids me and my brother used to feel very sad while watching goats being slaughtered. Now we know the story behind the ritual and we are used to seeing the sacrifice taking place.

Ahem aka Mohammed Nazim
I am shooting for Saath Nibhaana Saathiya tomorrow but after pack up I will celebrate with cousins and friends.

Every Bakri Eid is special. I love celebrating with family and friends.

Aamna Shariff
Eid is the best time to gorge on food so we will be feasting.

As a kid elders used to give us money, even Rs 500 used to last at for least two to three months.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:59 PM

Rakshanda Khan
I love this auspicious day because you get to meet all your friends and relatives and i am a big foodie so I love all the food prepared for Eid.

During childhood I remember Eid was the reunion time for all the kids of our family.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:59 PM

Radha aka Sadia Siddiqui
Bakri Eid is a part of Haj pilgrimage. Bakri Id is the day of sacrifice. Only people who have not taken any debt can offer sacrifice. I will be celebrating with family and friends this year, we will eat together. According to tradition we will also be distributing meat dishes to friends, relatives as well as beggars.

I remember during childhood when I saw the sacrifice taking place for the first time, I refused to eat anything for days after that. Later I learnt about why sacrifice is offered and after that I was okay with it.

Tags
tvstars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->