Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

10 TV Stars are REJECTED Shows because of Dark Looks, Over weight, Body,

Views: 1482  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-28-2021, 01:49 PM

Default 10 TV Stars are REJECTED Shows because of Dark Looks, Over weight, Body,

Rejections are a part of an actor’s life. But rejections based on complexion, body image and looks that question an artist’s s****s and talent are hard to accept. Television celebs have also been at a spot where they have been denied an offer because they didn’t fulfil the requirements of the look. Let’s take a look at all such instances shared by celebrities:

Hina Khan was rejected because of her dusky complexion

Hina Khan, who rose to fame with Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai recently revealed that she didn’t get to play a Kashmiri girl’s role even though she is a Kashmiri. She shared that it was because the makers of that project wanted an extremely fair actress to play the role. “I could not crack a project because I didn’t look Kashmiri enough. I am Kashmiri and I can fluently speak the language but I didn’t get cast because my complexion is dusky and I am not extremely fair. That’s what the team and character demanded. I really felt bad. When you know the language so well, probably you could have worked wonders in that character, but I didn’t get cast only because I don’t look Kashmiri (laughs). I never lose hope, I don’t give up. I keep trying,” (Pic: Instagram)

Kapil Sharma was asked to lose weight to host a show

While talking to a radio channel recently, ace comedian Kapil Sharma revealed that he was once offered to host Jhalak Dikhla Jaa with Maniesh Paul. However, in the further meetings for the same he was told, ‘Aap bahut mote hai. Aap thoda wazan kam karo (You are fat. You should reduce your weight).’ But without losing any hopes, Kapil turned it into his walk towards achieving greater success. He pitched his idea of doing a comedy show and convinced the channel of his talent, ultimately landing up with the comedy show project in his hand. (Pic: Instagram)

Paras Chhabra was being too tall and broad

Bigg Boss 13 fame Paras Chhabra revealed that he face rejections due to his height and physique in an interview with ETimes TV. The actor shared, “ I would get rejected because of my height I am 6ft 1 inch but because I am broad people would think I am short and I would get rejected. Even on screen I don’t look too tall. I would be very bad and also faced depression and had anxiety issues, as I did not know how to run the house without work.” (Pic: Instagram)

Radhika Madan was told to get surgery done

Radhika Madan, who started her acting journey with the TV show ‘Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi’ and has now become a popular film actress too also faced rejections because of her looks. In a socil media post, Radhika revealed about being told to get some surgeries done. “I was told I needed to have a particular shape & size, & that I needed surgery. But mujhe toh main bahut sahi lagti hun. Who are these people to tell me I’m not pretty? But for the next 1.5 years I didn’t get work,” the actress shared. (Pic: Instagram)

Gulki Joshi was not considered for lead roles because of her complexion

Maddam Sir actress Gulki Joshi recently talked about facing rejection in the industry because of her dusky complexion. The actress shared, “There was a time, when TV shows would look for gori-chitti lead heroines. But by God’s grace, I got through it too because He has given me the talent. There have been times when I have been told, ‘Aap looks me itna match nhi karte ho, but aap performer achhe ho toh hum aapko cast kar lete hain. (You don’t match so much look wise, but you are good performer so we will cast you)’ I don’t know if it was a compliment or an insult but it has happened.” Adding about some worse experience, Gulki shared, “There have been times when I would go for an audition for the lead role and the casting director would ask me, “Achha, aap naukrani ke role ke liye aaye ho? (Have you come for the maid’s role?)” (Pic: Instagram)

Sumedh Mudgalkar didn’t get roles because of his unconventional looks

RadhaKrishn actor Sumedh Mudgalkar saw many rejections for not having conventional looks. While talking to ETimes TV, the actor shared, “I went through a lot when I was starting off. People criticise you a lot especially when you are unconventional looking and want to be an actor. When they feel you don't have the good looks, six-pack body, six-feet height, chiseled face, people try to make you realise that you are thinking to yourself a little too much. There have been moments when people didn’t believe in me or felt that I could not be an actor.” (Pic: Instagram)

Muskan Bamne faced rejections for being ‘overweight’

Anupamaa actress Muskan Bamne opened up about facing rejections because of being plump. She talked about the same in an interview with ETimes TV and revealed, “It has been many times that I have been rejected. Most of the rejections that I faced when I was fat and people would say, 'Yeh thodi healthy (fat) hai, isko reject kar do' but my family has been so supportive that they never let me take much stress or pressure about all of these things.” (Pic: Instagram)

Vaishnavi Dhanraj faces difficulty because of her unconventional looks

Vaishnavi Dhanraj, who played Tasha in C.I.D, got candid about the difficulties she faced in the industry because of her unconventional looks. In an interview with ETimes TV, the actress said, “We have this wavy hair, nice big smile, good brown skin, we are 'hatke' from the crowd and our Indian mentality or the shows that are made mostly show girls with a round face, straight hair with a wig, and I don't fit into that. So, for me, I get roles like a strict cop, or a negative lead.” (Pic: Instagram)

Tags
10 TV Stars are REJECTED Shows because of Dark Looks, Aap thoda wazan kam karo, Anupamaa, bigg boss 13, Body, C.I.D, celebrities, gori-chitti, Gulki Joshi, hina khan, jhalak dikhla jaa, kapil sharma, Kashmiri girl, Maniesh Paul, Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi, Muskan Bamne, Over weight, Paras Chhabra, photos, RadhaKrishn, Radhika Madan, radio channel, stars, Sumedh Mudgalkar, tv stars, Vaishnavi Dhanraj, yeh rishta kya kehlata hai

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->