Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Now, Sachin Sharma out of Shubh Kadam

Views: 1837  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-19-2009, 01:44 PM

Default Now, Sachin Sharma out of Shubh Kadam

There’s currently a battle of musical chairs going on in Shubh Kadam to play the role of Swayam. First it was Himanshu Malhotra who was replaced by Sachin Sharma. Astonishingly, Sharma too now finds himself out and in steps Dev Keswani. The difference here though is that unlike Himanshu, Sharma didn’t opt out but he was dropped.

Wiki goes that the channel and the production house were divided over the choice of Sharma as Swayam.

When contacted, Sharma said, “It’s true that I’m no longer doing Shubh Kadam. There was no problem from my side. I was very keen on doing the role. I’d shot for one day and few days later I got a call from the production saying that there was a problem. Well, I didn’t even bother to ask them what the problem was.”

Meanwhile, creative director Amita Devadiga says, “Dev Keswani hasn’t replaced Sachin Sharma as the latter wasn’t really finalised for the role.”

When asked whether the channel and the production were divided over the choice of Sharma, Devagida replied, “Well, it won’t be right for me to comment on this. All I can say is that they wanted someone with softer looks. With Sachin, one was getting a negative impression.”

Let’s hope that the search for Swayam is finally over and we don’t see another round of musical chairs.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->