Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips > SAP HCM Forum > SAP HCM Time Management Forum

Topic 64: Real Time Questions & Answers: Time Management

Views: 30048  
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 04-26-2009, 08:04 AM

How can we integrate Time Management with Benefits is there any link to integrate it?

ANS:1 there is no integration between benefits and time management but there is intergration between payroll and benefits

ANS:2 I know Payroll integration with Benefits, actually iam working for UK Benefits in this Holiday Buy/sell plan Enroll ment should updates Infotype 2006 but for me it is not updating.so pl. suggest me is there any config setting for this

ANS:3 Holiday Buying/Selling
Use: In the UK, it is common practice that full time employees receive a minimum of 20 days holiday each year (including 8 public holidays). In most cases, the employer offers more than 20 days and may increase the number of days according to years of service up to a definable maximum level.

With Flexible Benefits, employees who are eligible can enroll their holiday plan, to buy more or sell some of their holiday entitlement within a definable maximum number of days.

As the employer, you provide standard holiday entitlement which is maintained in Customizing and will be pre-enrolled as a standard benefit in the Flexible Benefits system before employees make their selections during enrollment.

Integration
Holiday plans are integrated with the Absence Quotas infotype (2006) and the Miscellaneous Plans infotype (0377).

Prerequisites
As the employer, you need to maintain the employee's holiday quota in the Absence Quotas infotype (2006) before the actual enrollments in Flexible Benefits system.
An employee's individual absence entitlement is based on your Customizing settings. Usually, there are two types of time units for absence quota: by day or by hour. If the employee's absence quota time unit is by day, which is maintained in the infotype 2006, they can only buy or sell holiday in days and vice versa.

Features
· Besides maintaining the infotype 2006, you must also define any limitations for holiday buying and selling in Customizing, before setting up the actual enrollments of holiday plan, such as:
¡ Maximum number of holidays the employee can buy
¡ Maximum number of holidays the employee can sell
¡ Maximum value of holiday quota the employee is entitled to
¡ Minimum value of holiday quota the employee is entitled to
· Then, the employee enrolls themselves for the holiday plan options they are entitled to with the transaction HRFBN0001.
· Once the employee finishes the enrollment, their leave quota in the infotype 2006 will be updated, and their option will automatically be saved in the infotype 0377.
In some cases, in order to keep the original leave quota, the HR administrator can maintain a “dummy” quota type with the same quota number as the original leave quota before the enrollment period opens. This “dummy” quota will not be used by the flexible benefits system, but only as a reference for the employee.

Example
One organization implements No Additional Funding Scheme and has implemented NI cost neutrality with the Class 1A NI contributions rate 12.8% for the tax year 2003-2004. This percentage of Class 1A NI contribution rate is defined in Customizing to suit your requirement. To calculate the cost of holiday buying/selling,
§ for the time unit “by day”, holiday cost per day = pre-flex salary / annual working days.

§ for the time unit “by hour”, holiday cost per hour = pre-flex salary / factor (factor = 52 * weekly working hours).
· An employee who has a basic salary of GBP 60,000 and is entitled to 20 days holiday as standard, buys 5 days, then pays GBP 85.24 for the option.
EE’s annual pre-flex salary
GBP 60,000
EE’s entitled holidays
20 days
Pre-enrollment holiday value for 20 days
60,000 / 260 * 20 / 12 = GBP 384.62 per month
Post-enrollment holiday value for 25 days
60,000 / 260 * 25 / 12 = GBP 480.77 per month
Value of adjustment before NI Cost Neutrality
- GBP 96.15
Value of NI cost neutrality
96.15 – (96.15 / (1 + 12.8%)) = GBP 10.91
Value paid by the EE
-96.15 + 10.91 = - GBP 85.24
In this example, the employee has overspent his holiday plan and bought more days, normally, he would be deducted GBP 96.15; due to cost neutrality, the employer will pay less National Insurance. Therefore, an adjustment of GBP 10.91, only GBP 85.24 is deducted from the employee.
· An employee who has a basic salary of GBP 70,000 and is entitled to 25 days holiday as standard, sells 5 days, and eventually the employee is paid GBP 99.45 for the option.
EE’s annual pre-flex salary
GBP 70,000
EE’s entitled holidays
25 days
Pre-enrollment holiday value for 25 days
70,000 / 260 * 25 / 12 = GBP 560.90 per month
Post-enrollment holiday value for 20 days
70,000 / 260 * 20 / 12 = GBP 448.72 per month
Value of adjustment before NI Cost Neutrality
GBP 112,18
Value of NI cost neutrality
112.18 – (112.18 / (1 + 12.8%)) = GBP 12.73
Value paid to the EE
112.18 – 12.73 = GBP 99.45
In this example, the employee sells holiday, and as a result the employer will pay more National Insurance. Due to cost neutrality, the increase in National Insurance is deducted from the amount paid to the employee. The employee will therefore receive a reduced amount GBP 99.45, instead of GBP 112.18.

you know where to absence quota img-time management-time data recording -time management accounts-time quota types-define absence quotas

I know Absence quota config i did it and i assigned it to my plan type but it is not updating the corresponding quantity from Quota.
did you do the rptqta00 it is generation of absence quota in se38 just check that once
Old 04-26-2009, 08:04 AM

I have configured time management where the employee clock in and clock out are up loaded in to 2011. But after up loading time events what happens can any one please me some inputs,

ANS:1 I had done a payroll with out time management (status =0) but it had a basic time management where the payroll driver reads IT 2001 and imports the values as absences for LWPs for factoring.( a negetive time management,where TC00 in schema TC00 is commented)
As Tmgmt status =9, I think from IT 2011 it will defenitely check with yr all time management config whlie running payroll for the subschema INN1 (gross to net calculation)

I have configured time management where the clock in and clock out will sit in 2011 and after that we will run TM04 absence quota will get defaulted, but when we run report the report is not showing attendance . if we have maintained 2002, it is not showing for other days

ANS:2 If you want IT 2002 to get updated, create a PCR for your requirement in schema TM04, here you can default the limit for attendence days. Hence whatever data you are maintaining in IT 2002 & 2007, will get updated automatically

ANS:3 You have to check the Time Evaluation using the Transaction Code
PT60, There the time pairs should be updated in the output table DZL.That is the Final output for your Timings ( especially Time wage type related )
Old 04-26-2009, 08:05 AM

Can an employee be assigned to more than one work schedule rule??

Eg: emp A has to come in night shift (NSHFT) for 4 days in 1 week, Late shift (LTSHFT) for 6 days in 2nd week Morning shift (MGSHFT) for 4 days in 3rd week, Regular (RGSHFT) for 3 days in 4rth week.
So even if i create 4 week period work schedule, the days do NOT match WEEK....as per periodic work schedule ie 1st WEEK, 2nd WEEK etc. so, can i have 4 periodic work sch and then create 4 Work schdules for that employee?? how will i use SCHKZ
??

ANS:1 Just check this way
While creating Periodic work schedule, call the Work schedules accordingly, for each week.

Define how work schedule should be for each day and for 4 weeks, Call the same periodic workschedule in Daily workschedule Rule.(U have created only one periodic ws) And while giving the ref date( Ex 01.01.2007) for pws, check the start point of pws correctly.(If it is monday-1) so with one
work schedule rule, all the different shifts can be maintained.

ANS:2 Assuming that the otrher days apart from mentined in the post are days off...
1st u need to create the following daily work schedules.. NSHIFT,LTSHFT,MGSHFT,RGSHFT...

In Period work schedule u will define the shifts u want for every week... say week 1 nshft, week 2 under SAME PERIOD WORK SCHEDULE.. Work schedule rule remains same..

ANS:3 Could you clarify if 5th/6th/7th/8th weeks will have same schedule like the first four weeks?
If it is so, you can use PWS for 4 weeks and in each week, specify the DWS for different shifts.It will automatically assign him different shifts in his Personal Work Schedule.
You can not assign same employee more than one Work Schedule Rule.

I understand that one employee cannot be assigned more than one Work Sch.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:05 AM

In the production system we are running Time evaluation for an employee and we are getting the following error in the log under QUOTA and the person for which we are running Time evaluation has changed to different payroll area from his previous payroll area .

" Error entry no.83 Error when creating absence quota
A complex application error has occured"please any idea on what is the error?

ANS:1 Did TE ran properly for this person earlier? How is time management integrated with payroll in TMSTA? Is it for only 1 employee or for a group of employees'?

it ran properly for him before ,this person changed from one payroll area to other payroll area ,it is only for one employee ,not for a group of employees.
Try to debug the processing part of quota... Most probably there might be some problem with the change u did for payroll area.... if u had manually changed the payroll area..
Pls execute Org Reassignment action to change the payroll area. Do not Manually Change the Payroll area if the periodicity of Payroll area is Different.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:06 AM

Can someone give example of
Business Objects in Travel Management
Enterprise Services in Travel Management
Process Components in Travel Management
Travel Management Business Objects
Travel Management Enterprise Services
Travel Management Process Components

ANS:1 Business Objects in Travel Management :
Employee
Expense Arrangement External Input