Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TOP 10 Controversies - Saloni Daini

Views: 1047  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-26-2021, 09:17 AM

Default TOP 10 Controversies - Saloni Daini

The adorable and cute child comedian Saloni Daini aka Gangubai is now a grown-up teenager looking sensational as ever. The young actress had lost oodles of weight last year during the lockdown and while speaking to ETimes TV exclusively, she said that she is just maintaining the weight by working out. Her peppy images on social media give a glimpse of her well-maintained body and she talks about how she still gets offers for playing a chubby girl. Hear it from Saloni herself.

You are looking very peppy in the latest pictures on social media, what’s the secret?

• There’s no secret. I have just got a lot of time to click pictures for social media. I recently got a haircut done. So, I just felt like dressing up. I get my clothes from my sister’s studio and my mom clicks my pictures. Pic: Instagram

Last year you had lost a lot of weight during the lockdown, did you happen to lose more?

• No. I am maintaining the weight right now. I probably lost 2-3 kgs extra. I can’t do dieting anymore. I eat whatever I want and workout to maintain the weight. Whenever I eat junk food or high-calorie food, I lose it with workout. Pic: Instagram

How are you keeping yourself occupied?

• We are again talking about lockdown, now it’s part two. Last year, I was on a diet and losing weight. I would always be excited to see the weighing scale. Now I am more excited to eat good food at home. That’s the only thing that keeps me excited. Everday before going to bed I think, ‘Kal kuch achha khaungi’. I am watching a lot of content, I am shooting videos, chill with my friends and also I am giving a lot of auditions online to get some good work. Pic: Instagram

Being a video content creator on social media, does it help in online auditions?

• Yes, it does. So recently, I got a lot of auditions because of my instagram profile. Whenever there’s a lockdown, my content on social media increases as I have a lot of time. There are some people, who still don’t know that I have lost weight. Even now I get audition roles for chubby girl and I have to tell them that I have lost weight and turn down the role. I do get audition calls for some serious roles seeing my profile and I am enjoying it a lot. Pic: Instagram

How has the response been so far?

• Response has been pretty appreciative so far. People motivate me, praise me and ask me about how I lost weight. But I also get comments like, ‘You are not funny anymore because you are not fat.’ I don’t think it’s true. Comedy comes from within and it has nothing to do with your appearance. Pic: Instagram

What do you have to say about such stereotypes?

• So, when I was chubby I would get roles of girl eating samosa… a girl, who just loves to eat. I want to tell people that these stereotypes are not good. You are chubby and you eat samosa, if you are not chubby even then you eat samosa. We should stop showing such stereotype roles on TV. Pic: Instagram

What kind of roles are you being offered?

• Mostly, I am getting offered teenage girl roles on web and TV and I am enjoying enacting them. I wish to do serious types of roles as well and I am taking workshops for it. Pic: Instagram

The digital platform often has to offer bold content, are you aware of it?

• Actually, I haven’t thought about it. I don’t think it is a big deal if you are an actor. You are playing roles of people and you are living their lives. Such things are being normalized on the web platform. I haven’t been offered such roles yet. Pic: Instagram

Tags
saloni daini, tv stars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->