Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Amitabh Bachchan in Dance India Dance

Views: 2518  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Award Winner

Default Amitabh Bachchan in Dance India Dance

Amitabh Bachchan will be appearing on Zee TV’s reality TV show, Dance India Dance on this Friday’s episode.

In this episode, the superstar will promote the release of his two new movies Rann and Teen Patti. It will be after a gap of nearly twenty years both Amitabh Bachchan and the show’s mentor, Mithun Chakraborty will be seen together on stage.

An Indya source tells us, “Big B did not come as himself; he came as Prof. Venkat Subramaniam, his character in Teen Patti. Both the veteran actors did the task of rating the contestants on a scale of one to ten. Choreographer Geeta Kapoor, who has already lost three of her contestants, is putting up an aerial cube act which features lines from Dr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan's Madhushala.”

Further our source told us, “Their bonding on the sets of the blockbuster Agneepath was great and there was also a time when Mithun Da had slashed his chest and offered his blood to Goddess Kali, praying for

Bachchan’s speedy recovery, post his much-talked-about Coolie accident and these incidents were retold by Amitabh Bachchan and we all got so emotional.”

We spoke to Jay Bhanushali, anchor of the show, “I want to say that please watch this Friday’s episode in which the viewers will get to see the reunion of two legends, Amitabh Bachchan and Mithun Chakraborty on the dias of Lux Dance India Dance. For me, it was like dream come true to meet Mr.Bachchan, who is great in anchoring too.”

About the show and Mithun Da, Mr.Bachchan said on his blog:

Dance India Dance on Zee TV is a show with a host of well known and most accomplished choreographers being the judges or masters that train the young talent that comes up for competition, under the grand mastership of Mithun Chakraborty. And what an experience it has been.

Youngsters come there with the desire and drive to become something, to challenge and persevere with ambition in their eyes and a confidence and hope for the future. They are all eager to excel, eager to impress, eager to be noticed. In addition, working with a zest that could put the most committed to shame. Meeting up with Mithun Da was wonderful.

A long and exciting journey surrounds the two of us. From a narrow unknown cramped and crowded lane in the streets of Calcutta, this young man found his

métier and struggled his way up to stardom and became the envy of many. He danced well. In addition, he was a live wire at social gatherings. He did a minuscule part in my film Do Anjaane. He danced at parties and

possessed a million dollar smile - open, uncomplicated and full of warmth. However, look where he is today, at the top of his creativity - I simply

loved him in Guru and he has well invested in his own initiatives of Hotels and Colleges for education. A dedicated follower and one that has always been respected by the fraternity, his concern and love for all is legendary - slit his chest and took a pledge on his blood for my well being during my Coolie episode. How can one ever forget that? In addition, today as we sit together at the Zee Dance India Dance sets, watching a display of

incredible talent, I wonder where all those years went by and so soon. During the shoot for Do Anjane at Calcutta, he used to run around enthusiastically ready to carry my bags for me. I would desist from him doing this, but he went ahead and did it always. His respect for me, despite his standing today remains. He remains that one outstanding example of struggle and perseverance to achieve his goal and one that fate chose to bless and care.”

So don’t miss this Friday’s episode.

Tags
amitabh bachchan, dance india dance

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->