Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Farida Jalal returns with DJ’s next

Views: 1426  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-03-2009, 06:18 PM

Default Farida Jalal returns with DJ’s next

Deeya and Tony Singh of DJ's A Creative Unit are all set to hit off with a brand new show on Sony SAB which will feature veteran actor Farida Jalal and the talented Nishant Shokeen. It is buzzed that actor Trishika Tiwari who is currently essaying the role of Vaishali in Jhansi Ki Rani has also been approached for the same. Apart from the above three, actor Vaishnavi who is currently seen as Bhaskar’s mother on Bhaskar-Bharti too is tipped to be a part of the show.

Informs a source, “Farida Jalal has been zeroed in for the show and will play grandmother to Trishika. The latter will play the character of a girl who knows everything in life but is still baffled and uncertain. Nishant is almost finalised to play the male lead opposite her but is yet to sign the dotted line. Vaishnavi will be playing Trishika’s mother in the show. This would be Farida ji’s comeback vehicle on the television after her cameo in Balika Vadhu. The production house had already shot a pilot of the show but the channel didn’t approve it and asked them to re-shoot it which is expected to take place in the second week of this month.”

Confirming the news Farida Jalal said, “Yes, I am doing Deeya and Tony Singh’s show but I can’t divulge any details regarding the same as it is too early. It is a very beautiful character and I am looking forward to start shooting for the same. It is a light hearted show, full of comedy and emotions. My character has been beautifully written and is like the spice of the life.”

Talking about the commencement of the shoot, the veteran says, “We were to start the shoot sometime this month but I had requested the producers to push it a little ahead as I had some prior commitments and I will be travelling for the same. I think the shoot will start sometime by the end of the November.”

When contacted, both Trishika and Nishant refused to comment and directed us to speak to the production house.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->