View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 06:08 AM

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

I saw this recipe on the Pioneer Woman's site a long time ago and looked forward to making it. My daughter wanted to bake something with me, and since she LOVES cinnamon, I thought this would be the perfect time to finally make this bread. I used my bread machine for the first portion of this recipe but if you don't have a bread machine, the Pioneer Woman's site has step by step instructions. The bread was simple to make and my daughter had a lot of fun making it. It turned out so delicious and my daughter was extremely proud of her creation.

Cinnamon Swirl Bread:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Pioneer Woman
  • 1 cup of warm milk
  • 6 tbsp of melted ****er
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup of white sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 1/2 cups of flour
  • 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast

Place all ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed. Select the dough cycle and press start.

Once the bread machine stops (it was one and a half hours on my machine).

Other Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup of brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp of softened ****er for smearing

Turn dough out onto a floured work surface. Roll into a neat rectangle no wider than the loaf pan you are using. Smear the dough with ****er. Combine the brown sugar with the cinnamon and spread evenly over the ****er smeared dough.

Starting at the far end, roll the dough toward you, keeping it tight and contained. Pinch the seam well to seal. Smear the loaf with a bit more ****er then place the dough, seam side down, in a loaf pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Cover with a cloth and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 40 minutes on the middle rack in the oven. Remove from the pan and allow the bread to cool on a wire rack. Slice and slathered with ****er. Enjoy.