Go Back   Wiki NewForum > Television India Forums

Television India Forums Live Streaming, Star Plus, Sony TV, Zee TV, Colors TV, Star Plus, LifeOK, Star World, SAB TV, Channel V, MTV. India Forums, Desi Tashan, Tellybuzz, Telly buzz, ApniCommunity, Tellychakkar, Indya, Indian Television news, Television news, Telly news, Latest tv news, Latest television news, Indian telly news, Indian tv news, Latest telly news, Latest Indian television news, tv gossip, tv news, tellybuz, Indian TV Serials, Online Full Episode Videos, Bigg Boss Season 7, Balika Vadhu, Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, Na Aana Is Desh Laado, Uttaran, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain, Saath Nibhana Saathiya, Navya, Diya Aur Baati Hum, Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Dance India Dance Season 4, Hitler Didi, Pavitra Rishta, Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, Dekha Ek Khwaab, Bade Acche Laggte Hai, Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava?, Zindagi Kahe Smile Please, Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada, Survivor India 2, Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, Gyaan Guru, Swayamvar - Veena Ka Vivaah, Dance India Dance 4, Superstar Santa, Kaun Banega Crorepati 6, 7, Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 7, Nach Baliye, Sun TV Serials, MTV, Colors, Star Plus, Sony, Imagine, Sony, lifeok, reality shows, TV stars, Actors, Actress, TRP, top 10, TV ratings, www.tellybuzz.com, india-forums.com & More

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Old ,

welcomewiki has disabled reputation
Default Full Details/Star Cast, Future Story, Photos, HD Videos, Written Updates - Season 2 Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon II... Ek Baar Phir

About Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir promises to recreate the same magic as the first season and brings a riveting love story that will strike a chord with all of you. Set in Pune, this is the story of two distinct individuals, an innocent girl from a liberal family and a man who hates women and has turned into a chauvinist due to a tragic past. Love being a universal theme, the new season will present an interesting contrast of personalities entwined in a relationship swaying between love & hate every time their paths cross.

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?...Ek Baar Phir is a Hindi television soap opera that premiered August 26, 2013, airing Monday to Friday at 6 PM on Star Plus.

Cast

Performed by Role Description
Avinash Sachdev Shlokh Agnihotri Male Protagonist
Shrenu Parikh Astha Kiloskar Female Protagonist
Manish Wadhwa Niranjan Agnihotri Shlokh's Father
Geetanjali Tikekar Anjali Agnihotri Shlokh's Mother
Shalmalee Desai Sojal Agnihotri Shlokh's Sister-in-law
Karan Gangwal Suresh Assistant to Shlokh

Avinash Sachdev Role:Shlok
Shlok is a 24 year old rich boy who works in the family business. He is absolutely devoted to his father. Shlok believes women to be inferior to men. He hates his mother and is bitter due to a tragic past. Shlok speaks very little and rarely smiles.

Shrenu Parikh Role:Astha
Astha is a 23 year old middle-class girl. Some of the characteristics to describe her would be sweet, spunky, lively & optimistic. She belongs to a progressive household that considers men & women to be equal. At times, a bit haphazard & disorganized, Astha has a tendency to tell white lies.

Others

Intertitle of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?...Ek Baar Phir
Genre Drama
Country of origin India
Original language(s) Hindi
No. of episodes 4 as of 29th August 2013
Production
Location(s) Mumbai
Camera setup Multi-camera
Running time 20 minutes
Production company(s) Sphere Origin
Broadcast
Original channel Star Plus
Picture format 1080i (HDTV)
Original airing August 26, 2013
Old ,

"The book has the same cover but different content"

Says Shrenu Parikh, who initially felt a bit snubbed when readers gave harsh comments towards the tittle of the show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon… Ek Baar Phir, but then she dealt with it positively….

The ardent followers cum fans of the show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? were seen offended by the title of Sunjoy Wadhwa's Sphere Origins daily soap Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir which went on air from 26th September.
The show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? was produced by Gul Khan and was a hit show. The viewers of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? were very upset with the sudden end to the show. The fans were connected to the show and its characters especially the leads Sanaya Irani and Barun Sobti, hence they could not accept the same title of the show with altogether different characters and actors in it. Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir has the main leads Shrenu Parikh and Avinash Sachdev.

On the same we got in touch with Shrenu Parikh who was a bit snubbed looking at the feedback of the readers and viewers towards the title of the show but she dealt with the issue positively.
She says, "It is a book with the same cover but the content is different. I hope that the viewers will like the show as we actors and the entire team is working really hard."
"When I got to know the feedback I felt a bit bad but at the end I dealt with it very positively."
Though the show went on air from yesterday, the shooting for the show had begun from quite some time before the on air date. Shrenu is having a fun time shooting for this show, "The storyline of the show is very different and interesting. By far I have enjoyed shooting for the show. In fact our entire team is having a ***** shooting for this show. I am blessed with good people around me."

She says that working with Sphere Origins is like coming back home, "I had started my career with the show Gulal which was produced by Sphere Origins and working with them again is like coming back home."
Well very nicely said Shrenu. It is a book with the same cover but different content. We hope that the viewers like this show too as much as they liked Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon.
Krishma Solanki.

"I have been fascinated with the subject of supernatural"

Says Sachin Parikh who will be seen in two daily soaps namely Haunted Nights and Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon – Ek Baar Phir, which goes on air today.

The talented actor cum producer Sachin Parikh who has entertained us with his acting s****s and who is also as a producer for the theatre show Rishton Ka Live Telecast which is running successfully, is all set to be seen onscreen too. He will be seen playing important roles in The Entertainment Hub Productions show Haunted Nights on Sahara One and in Sunjoy Wadhwa's Sphere Origins show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir. Both the shows are all set to go on air from today.
On the same we got in touch with Sachin Parikh to know more about his character in both the shows, how challenging is it to do two shows at a time which are daily soaps, handling his theatre show, from both the shows which is the character that he likes more and much more.
Here is what he said
Sachin portrays a grey shade character in the show Haunted Nights about which he shares, I am Kunal's (Vishal Gandhi) uncle in the show. My character name is Damodar. The whole story in the show revolves around our family as we are the ones who believe in supernatural. My character in the show has a grey shade to it and I am a very self-centered man who believes in supernatural and black magic.
Sachin is very much fascinated with the subject - Supernatural, "I am loving to portray this character. It has been quite some time now that I have started shooting for the same and I am enjoying it. I have been fascinated with this subject of supernatural and getting to play this role is a pleasure."
Sachin likes taking up challenging roles, "I find that every role is difficult but it is upon us on how we mold the character and make it easy for ourself. This role is not something like the regular characters and hence it makes it challenging for me. The fun is always in doing challenging roles. I am looking forward to the show which goes on air today evening."
Sachin is set to enter as a suspense element in the show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir, "I will be also seen playing a very important role in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir. I cannot reveal much about my character as of now. The only thing that I can say is that I am a suspense element for the audience in that show. What will happen further is a must watch (smiles)."
Sachin feels that the Production houses of both the shows that he is doing are very co-operative, "I knew that it would be very hectic to shoot for two shows together. In fact initially I found it very difficult too but then I have a superb production houses with which I am working, hence things were much manageable. Both the production houses are managing my timings which is easy going for me right now."
Happy to get the opportunity to play two different characters, "It was this time in between that I was waiting to do some shows onscreen. I am lucky because when I got the opportunity, I got it for two amazing shows. Two different channels and totally different concept. As an actor it is giving me the opportunity to explore more as an actor and show my talent."
Sachin likes playing two different characters, "Both the shows that I am acting in are totally different from each other with a very interesting concept, one is based on supernatural and the other on social family drama. In both the shows I play different characters which I like very much. I am very happy to be a part of these shows."
Nearby sets for his shows is easy on the run for him, "Luckily my one shows set is located in Goregaon and the other one is in Kandivali, which is short distance. Also I reside in Kandivali which makes it much easier for me to travel back home too."
Sachin is a multitasking person who is not only an actor but also a producer for the theatre show Rishton Ka Live Telecast, "I have a team who handles my show. As a producer I am not much required on the shoot, it is my co-operative team which handles the show very well. I just have to look at the marketing side of the play which I am doing as and when I get time. I am very happy that my play Rishton Ka Live Telecast is successful today."
We wish Sachin Parikh all the very best for his two shows that go on air tonight!

I have travelled in trains without ticket: Shrenu Parikh

Baroda girl Shrenu Parikh, who bagged a lead role in "Havan" right after her first show "Gulaal", says she may be lucky to get good roles but things were not so hunky-dory when she came here to find her share of fame.

Baroda girl Shrenu Parikh, who bagged a lead role in "Havan" on Colors right after her first show "Gulaal" on Star Plus, says she may be lucky to get good roles but things were not so hunky-dory when she came here to find her share of fame.
"I had my own share of troubles. I used to travel in trains without ticket, struggled without a house in Mumbai. I was new here, I belonged to Baroda... Many people come to Mumbai and struggle, but I have been blessed with good producers," she said.
She comes from a very conservative family, but despite that she nurtured the dream of wearing grease paint and facing the camera.
"I belong to a conservative Gujarati family. Acting was no where in the scene. But I used to dream about it. I was six when Aishwarya Rai Bachchan won Miss World... But then things just happened and I started opening up and telling my mom about my inclination towards acting," she said.
However, her parents had different dreams for her.
"My mom wanted me to become a singer and my dad wanted to see me as a doctor. I have done pharmacy, so I have fulfilled my dad's dream and I sing in shows for my mom," she said.
The actress, who played the lead role in "Byaah Hamari Bahoo Ka" on Sony TV, is right now busy with "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon...Ek Baar Phir" with Avinash Sachdev.
The family supports her career as an actress now, she said.
"I was very scared about how they will react. Now my whole family, which is huge, is so proud of me. They are more excited than me. They are supportive," she said.

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon " Ek Baar Phir on Star Plus

Get ready to watch another love story with the sensuous and sizzling chemistry of the lead actors Avinash Sachdev and Shrenu Parikh in the show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon- Ek Baar Phir.

Star Plus, a brand whose philosophy embodies new, fresh and dynamism, brings back its iconic narration and one of the most popular shows - Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon for the viewers.The new edition titled Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon " Ek Baar Phir (IPKKND-EBP) is a riveting story of two contrasting personalities - an anti-hero in Shlok Agnihotri (played by Avinash Sachdev) and the girl next door in Astha Kirloskar (played by Shrenu Parikh). Both Shlok and Astha are entwined in a relationship that sways between love & hate, creating mayhem every time their paths cross. But what happens if destiny overtakes them and plans their life together? Watch this unique love-hate story unfold as the shrewd Shlok finds his equal match time will tell whether love blossoms or swords are drawn. Starting 26th, stay tuned to Iss Pyaar Ko Main Kya Naam Doon? Monday to Friday at 6.00 pm only Star Plus.
Set in Pune, the story of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon "Ek Baar Phir revolves around Shlok, a dynamic, handsome and an astute businessman and Astha a fun-loving, lively girl. If Shlok is a complete chauvinist and believes that women's role should be confined to taking care of the home and family. Astha is a complete contrast to his stark personality; she believes in equality for both men and women and has a very progressive outlook to life. For Shlok its all about succeeding and being on top of the game and for Astha she would loves to spread happiness and cheers in the world. What happens when two strong and opposing personalities ends meet? For Shlok, Asthas every entry into his space only calls for trouble making situations worse leading to a love-hate drama between the two and several dramatic twists unraveling the unknown.
Talking about the show, Avinash Sachdev said, I have always played a character of a sweet, loving boy and this is the first time that I will be playing an anti-hero on the small screen. While I was looking forward to such a role I was thrilled that it came to me so soon. I have done my bit of homework and now getting prepared to wow my fan and viewers with this unique love-hate story."

Shrenu Parikh adds, I am really lucky that I am back to the channel where I started my career. I am portraying Aastha's character who is today's girl, with full of life. Iss Pyaar Ko Main Kya Naam Doon Ek Baar Phir is her tryst with this arrogant boy Shlok which eventually turns out to be an interesting tug of war with their love -hate relationship.
Produced by Sphere Origin, the show also brings together an ensemble cast that includes Manish Wadhwa, Geetanjali Tikekar, Tushar Dalvi and Prachi Shah amongst others.

Season 2 likely in store for Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon!

Well, this piece of news is sure to elate the many fans of Star Plus’ highly popular, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. Buzz states that the show is likely to return with its season 2.

Yes, sources have updated that the heart touching tale of Arnav Singh Rayzada (Barun Sobti) and Khushi Kumari Gupta (Sanaya Irani) will come up with a fresh story on Life OK. However, the sad part is that the original star cast won’t be seen in season 2 due to genuine reasons. As known, Barun is busy with his Bollywood commitments while Sanaya is fully occupied with her Sony TV show Chhanchhan.

Thus, it’s quite apparent that there are no chances of the two making a presence in the new season. Speaking about the development so far, a source said, "Yes, season two of the show is coming soon on Life OK and this time in a grand way. It's going to be dubbed in English as well for international market. It will be a new storyline and a new production house. The channel wants to cash in on the success of season one of the show."

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon had turned quite a rage amongst the viewers. Its popularity was spread worldwide and it enjoyed a massive fan following. Despite the high success, the sow had to be given an abrupt ending as man behind Arnav; Barun had walked out of the show to make his career in Bollywood.

Now that the show is coming with season 2, it would be interesting to see how the fans will react!
Old ,

If you are a Barun and Sanaya fan, this piece of tantalizing news, is for you. The popular hit Jodi of Sanaya and Barun is gearing up to come alive right on your television screen, but this time on channel Life OK.

Considering the huge disappointment that was felt nationwide after the abrupt halt of the show, the makers are planning to re-ignite the magic of the hit pair, by running the old season once again. Unlike the rumors, where talks about a season 2 with the lead couple are doing rounds, it’s not going to be possible any time soon.

With Barun and Sanaya, being busy in their Bollywood and new soap respectively, the pair is not likely to come for a second season. However, considering the fan requests, the makers have decided to create a second season as well as re-launch the old season once again from July on wards, only on Life OK.

The show will be also dubbed in English this time, to satisfy the viewers of UK and USA. While the season 1 Hindi version will be broadcast on weekday afternoons, the English version would find its way in early evening slots of weekdays.

As for the second season, a few sources have also confirmed to bring new season, but with a different cast all together as the original lead pair won’t be available. The sources have revealed that the show will be made by a new production house and will have a new storyline, unlike the old one. Plus they have confirmed it to be grander version of the old one.

IPKKND had become a family and romantic saga in the history of soap operas. Whether the new season will grab attention, especially the new Jodi, is still a big doubt. Well, let’s wait and watch how the new theme of the favorite family soap is going to fare.

You can Share your Views, Reviews, Comments and Suggestions about this show on