Go Back   Wiki NewForum > Television Forums

Sponsored Links

Views: 1541  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Banned

Default A page from the personal diary of Shashank Vyas, Balika Vadhu

A page from the personal diary of Shashank Vyas
Whatever I have read from books or even out of experience I feel at least once in our lifetime we should go for a big risk. For I feel bigger the risk, bigger the achievement.

I come from a middle-class family and so things weren't easy for me. I remember I was trying for my MBA and my sister was getting married at the same time. I wasn't getting my admission and like any other middle class family I had very little time and had to make the best out of it.
Everyone expected me to take up a job but, I knew I wouldn't be happy with it. So, I knew I had to do things fast. I was in a dicey situation but I took the risk.

I came to Mumbai and knew only one friend who had promised to help me. So when I reached here, the first thing I did was tried calling him up but his phone was not reachable. I did not know where to go as I had no one here. I had to then stay in a Gurudwara for five days after which I found some place to stay.

I had little money with me and I didnít want to trouble my family. So I had to start looking out for work. I mailed a few pictures of mine to coordinators and that is how I got my first print advertisement. The thing that helped me survive in Mumbai was that I kept getting some or the other work from time to time which helped me and kept me motivated. These little things were my building blocks. I just did not get things easily for there was this 'not fit' period that I had to go through when everyone told me I was too tall or I was too thin.

I use to get frustrated at times and the only place where I could take out my frustration was Juhu beach. As I had no one here to talk to I would go and give vent to it in front of the sea. But, the next day I would be back at the auditions!

Tags
balika vadhu, shashank vyas

New topics in Television Forums

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: