Go Back   Wiki NewForum > Television Forums

An endearing experience

Views: 530  
Old 07-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Award Winner

Default An endearing experience

Rahul Kharbanda, who was eliminated from India's Magic Star, speaks to us about his experience on the show and what he learned

Magician Rahul Kharbanda, who was eliminated from India’s Magic Star last week, says that it was a great experience to be part of the show. He maintains that he feels doubly lucky that along with being part of such a wonderful experience, he was also blessed with a daughter. He recollects how Jackie Shroff chose him as the performer of the day and gave him a hamper. He also discusses his interaction with Franz Harary on and off the show and how he has grown as a magician during the tenure that he was on the show. We caught up with Rahul, after he was eliminated. He says that he is fine with the decision, as he gets to spend time with his wife and newborn daughter. “I will certainly miss my fellow contestants, as I made some great friends on the show from both teams. In fact, I spoke to Tejas earlier today asking him how he’s gearing up for the next round,” he says.
He also has the highest regard for the judges. “Vasant and Rajat are familiar names in the Indian magical circuit and they provided a lot of encouragement. Jackie Shroff is a gem of a human being. He respects the art and always has a word of encouragement for all the contestants,” he added.
Rahul had a special mention for Harary. “I feel lucky to have performed before him. I had met him 10 years ago at Delhi for a corporate lunch. His presence on the show will do wonders for the participants and they will learn so much from him.”
Rahul mentioned that IMS taught him a lot of things that could help him in future as a magician. “I learnt about the technical aspects and the different ways that you can present a magic trick. I have also learnt the importance of scripting an act, which will be of good use to me in future.”
He had a special mention to Sooraj, Tejas and Atul, who he feels are excellent magicians. “They should be in the grand finale,” he states.
When we asked him what he was doing after being eliminated, he laughed. “Right now I’m spending a lot of time with my newborn child. I’m also penning down some memories from the show. I have received a few offers as well,” he concludes.
With seven more contestants remaining on the show, the competition is going to increase. The bar will be raised and the magicians will conjure all they can to impress the judges.
Who will be eliminated this week? If you want to know, watch India’s Magic Star this weekend at 8 pm only on STAR One.

Tags
magician, rahul kharbanda

New topics in Television Forums

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: