Go Back   Wiki NewForum > Career Forum > Tech Forum & Tutorial > SAP Forum > SAP HR Forum

SAP HR Forum Payroll, Time, PA, PD, OM, PCR & Schema, Time Evaluation, Recruitment, Performance Appraisal, Compensation, Benefits & More

Talent Management - Central Person (CP) instead of Person (P) object...

Views: 2230  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Award Winner

Default Talent Management - Central Person (CP) instead of Person (P) object...

Questions

Please help me to understand, why Talent Management uses CP object instead of P i.e. why it has been designed for CP object?

Appreciate your valuable inputs.

Answers

If I may take a stab at this one, here is my opinion on this much discussed subject (at least, I find the subject comes up a lot!)

The big issue here is where Talent Management came from. It used to be just Succession Planning and was a subset of E-Recruiting, prior to EhP4. E-Recruiting can be/is deployed on a separate non-ECC system. Non-ECC systems don't have the object P. E-Recruiting is no different than CRM/SRM/etc in that they rely upon Central Person and Business Partner to act as the equivalent to object P.

Obviously this is just conjecture but my guess is that when the decision was made to really expand Talent Management and bring it into ECC, it was determined that so much ground work had been done already with the Talent Management data against the Central Person, that there was just too much work to be "undone and redone" if SAP wanted to detach Talent Management from the CP and connect it to the P.

From a front end perspective, it's more or less invisible to the end user, so I'm guessing they felt as though the risks were low in not making Talent information based upon object P.

That's my opinion. I certainly welcome any other input you may receive. Let me know if this is causing you any problems though and we can try to help you work around them.

another reason, if I may take a stab as well, is that CP is the unique ID for a real - life person and P is a number for a current work-relationship with your employer.

I think we all know, that if a person has several 'relationships' with his employer ('concurrent employment' in SAP, where 'Management of Global Employees' also uses CE), he will have multiple personnel numbers ('P') all linked to the same 'CP'.

On the other hand, the qualifications/competences /likes/dislikes/potential of the person do not depend on the specific employment contract but are linked to the person himself.

This is also one of the 'non - historical' reasons, why SAP is moving more and more to using Central PErson in SAP Talent Management.

New topics in SAP HR Forum

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: