Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Sports News Forum

Golfer Jeev Milka Singh officially crowned Asia No. 1

Views: 2925  
Old 12-22-2008, 05:10 AM

Default Golfer Jeev Milka Singh officially crowned Asia No. 1

Indian golfer Jeev Milkha Singh was on Sunday officially crowned as the Asian No.1 for winning four titles in different tours this year at the Asian Tour's Awards Gala 2008.

"I dedicate this to my wife Kudrat, who has been an amazing support, and my family, who have stood behind me all the way. I also dedicate this to my fellow Indians, who have suffered a lot during the Mumbai terror and other crises elsewhere across the country," said Jeev, who finished 37th in the year-ending Volvo Masters of Asia but took the Asian Tour Merit title with record earnings of $1,452,701.

"I am a sportsman and I hope these wins and the Asian Tour Merit title can bring some joy to all of them," said Jeev after he won the Players' Player of the Year Award, adding to his Order of Merit crown, which he won for the second time in three seasons.

An excited Jeev, who has now set his eyes on the Major, said it was a totally different feeling to hold the Asian No.1 trophy in his hands.
"It was good to know that the Merit title was mine soon after Singapore, but to actually hold the trophy in your hands is a different thrill."
"Now my goal is a Major, which I feel I am ready to contend for it. I feel I do have the game and hopefully before my golfing career is over, I will have a Major under my belt," he added.

Jeev won titles on three different tours in the same year for the second time - the first time being 2006.

This year the Chandigarh golfer won the Bank Austria Golf Open on European Tour, the Nagashima Shigeo Invitational Sega Sammy Cup on Japan Tour and the Barclay's Singapore Open in Asian Tour.

Jeev also won the 2008 Asian Tour Order of Merit. He had earlier won the Merit title in 2006.

Latest News in Sports News Forum