Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > General Discussion

Guru Nanak Quotes on Gurpurab: Celebrate First Sikh Guru's 548th Birth Annivers

Views: 2566  
Old 11-07-2017, 04:46 AM

Default Guru Nanak Quotes on Gurpurab: Celebrate First Sikh Guru's 548th Birth Annivers

Photo Designed by: Shrutika Bhosale

The biggest festival of Sikhs, Guru Nanak Jayanti, also known as Gurpurab is commemorated on Kartik Pooranmashi, the full-moon day in the month of Katak. The sacred day is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the first of 10 Sikh Gurus who touted as the founder of Sikhism. This year, Guru Nanak Jayanti or Guru Nanak’s Prakash Utsav falls on November 4. Devotees around the world offer prayers and celebrate the Guru Nanak Gurpurab festival with much respect and great zeal. Guru Nanak (1469 – 1539) is believed to be “one of the greatest religious innovators of all time”. The spiritual leader spread positivity by teaching people the message of one God who dwells in every one of His creations and constitutes the eternal Truth. Guru Nanak’s quotes on love, life, equality and knowledge are quite thought-provoking. His golden words of wisdom are compiled in the Guru Granth Sahib, the holy book of Sikhs in the form of 974 poetic hymns. On the occasion of his 549th birth anniversary, we bring to you a collection of inspirational Guru Nanak Dev Ji quotes for a bright future. Guru Nanak Jayanti: WhatsApp Messages, Facebook Greetings, SMS & Images To Wish Gurpurab In Hindi.
Quote Reads: Only fools argue whether to eat meat or not. They don’t understand truth, nor do they meditate on it. Who can define what is meat and what is plant? Who knows where the sin lies, being a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian?

Quote Reads:
Asceticism doesn’t lie in mere words; He is an ascetic who treats everyone alike. Asceticism doesn’t lie in visiting burial places; it lies not in wandering about nor in bathing at places of pilgrimage. Asceticism is to remain pure amidst impurities.

Quote Reads:
I am not the born; how can there be either birth or death for me?

Quote Reads:
I am neither a child, a young man, nor an ancient; nor am I of any caste.

Quote Reads:
I am neither a child, a young man, nor an ancient; nor am I of any caste.

Quote Reads:
Death would not be called bad, O people, if one knew how to truly die.

Quote Reads:
Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot compare with an ant filled with the love of God.

Quote Reads:
Burn worldly love, rub the ashes and make ink of it, make
the heart the pen, the intellect the writer, write that which has no end or limit.

Quote Reads:
The production of children, the nurture of those born, and the daily life of men, of these matters woman is visibly the cause.

Quote Reads:
Whatever kind of seed is sown in a field, prepared in due season, a plant of that same kind, marked with the peculiar qualities of the seed, springs up in it.

Quote Reads:
There is but One God, His name is Truth, He is the Creator, He fears none, he is without hate, He never dies, He is beyond the cycle of births and death, He is self-illuminated, He is realized by the kindness of the True Guru. He was True in the beginning, He was True when the ages commenced and have ever been True, He is also True now.

Guru Nanak Jayanti celebrations will begin early morning with Prabhat Pheris, a morning procession starting at the beautifully decorated Gurudwaras. It comprises of singing hymns, a Katha session, where teachings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji will be recited and conclude with devotional ‘Kirtan’. It will be followed by the community lunch called ‘langars’ and finally end with at 2 am with singing Gurbani. We wish each and everyone celebrating Guru Nanak’s birth anniversay, a very Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti.

Latest News in General Discussion