Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > General Discussion

10 Great Rivalries

Views: 2888  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Award Winner

Default 10 Great Rivalries

This top 10 list is from a Top Tenz reader name Darius. I love getting submissions and I think this one is particularly entertaining. And while these rivalries may not be your top 10 they certainly are 10 interesting to read about. Thanks for the submission, Darius. I look forward to the discussions this may create.

10. PC vs. Mac

In reality this is not even a rivalry being as virtually the whole world uses a PC. It’s like saying Oscar de la Hoya vs. Mike Tyson, yeah Oscar maybe prettier, more technically adept and have his fans but we all know Tyson would **** him. Plus the fact that Mac users are all geeks who think they are really cool and wear trainers/sneakers in bright colours to show how ‘original’ they are. At least PC geeks have the good grace to shut up and play ‘World of Warcraft’ while locked away in their bedrooms.

PC wins this, merely for the fact that they have a right mouse ****on. The Mac, being “original’, doesn’t have a right mouse ****on, meaning that you have to do some weird combination of Alt-Ctrl-two fingers pressed down on the cursor while holding your breath maneuver. (It may interest readers to know that not only am I using a Mac right now, but this is the third Mac that I have owned. I’m also wearing garish trainers and looking for an exciting ‘World of Warcraft’ group to join)

Old 08-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Award Winner

9. Morning People vs. Night People

originally uploaded by charlo82.
They walk among us. They live among us. They consort with our womenfolk. People who can wake up before 9am with a smile on their faces. They’re not tired, they’re not miserable, they’re actually happy to be awake! Weirdos. Anyone even semi-normal rises from bed with a crushing disappointment that he/she actually has to do stuff, like go to work. Ahh, Night People. My kind of people. They know that they should be asleep by 2am, but they refuse as there is too much pointless TV that needs watching.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Award Winner

8. Alien vs. Predator

Such a great feud, that there were two films about it. In addition to comics, video games and other stuff that sci-fi geeks love. The film’s tag line was “Whoever wins, we lose.” They were right, that film was beyond awful, so, so bad. I’m not sure how they managed to take two great characters and ruin them so bad, it’s like taking salt and vinegar and inexplicably coming up with prawn ****tail.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Award Winner

7) NES vs. Master System

I loved the Master System. The first time I played it, I knew that it was the best console upon which I’d ever laid my young hands. As such, when my friend informed me that his father was going to buy him a Nintendo (about which I then knew nothing), I strongly urged him to get a Master System. There was no doubt in my mind. Master System was King! My friend would live to regret ever listening to me.
Very shortly after I had given him my advice, I played the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). My fragile little mind was blown away. The NES made the Master System look like an antiquated piece of junk. When I came to school with wondrous tales about World 2, Level 1 on ‘Super Mario Bros.’ (where you could swim underwater!), my friend hated me like never before.
With 69.1 million sales of the NES compared to a pathetic 13 million for Master Systems, it’s clear that I was not the only one who realized Nintendo’s inherent superiority. Shame about my friend though.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Award Winner

6. Transformers vs. Gobots

Hahaha! Gobots! Even the name sounds useless. I’ve been called many things in my life. Many, many hurtful things. However, I have never been more insulted than when I was once told to “shut your face…Leader-1!”. Anyone unfortunate enough to have watched “Gobots’ knows that Leader-1 was the highly original name of the leader of the ‘Guardians’ (the good guys and not a stack of the left of centre British newspapers).
I don’t even have to tell you how good ‘The Transformers’ were (I mean, you should already know). All I have to do is point out how truly rubbish the Gobots were. Receiving a Gobot instead of a Transformer toy for your birthday must have been almost as crushing as receiving a Master System instead of a NES. These idiots couldn’t even get the vehicles right – everyone knows that only evil robots can fly, so why in ‘Gobots’ were the goodies airborne. Useless show, useless name, ‘Transformers’ destroys everything! (Not the live-action movie though, Megatron is a gun.)

Tags
2010, top 10, toppers

Latest News in General Discussion