Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Payal quits, Sreejita boards Ladies Special

Views: 2101  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-05-2009, 05:17 PM

Default Payal quits, Sreejita boards Ladies Special

A new entrant is set to arrive on Sony TV's Ladies Special, a show that revolves around the story of women who take the ladies special local train to go to work every day.

According to our source, "Sreejita De will soon enter Ladies Special and her character is very strong. She is playing the role of a college going girl named Shivangi. A sweet balanced girl who travels in Ladies Special and will thus meet the other commuters."

Adds the source, "The show is re-launching itself by introducing new characters in the show. It is also heard that two of the characters in the show will soon exit."

When contacted Sreejita De says "I can only say that a new character has been introduced in the show and I'm fully excited to play this character." Apparently Sreejita is excited to play a Maharashtrian character because her real life love interest is Maharashtrian- reality show winner Abhijit Sawant. Sreejita says, "Yes, I simply love his singing."

Sreejita De will also be seen in the first episode of new horror show by B.P. Singh, Creator and Director of CID. The first episode o

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-05-2009, 05:25 PM

There’s good as well as bad news for the viewers of Sony’s daily show Ladies Special.

Let’s start on a positive note. Actor Sreejita De, who was last seen in Color’s Bandhan Saat Janmon Ka, is all set to enter Ladies Special.However, actor Payal Sarkar who plays Pooja in the show will be calling it quits.

Sreejita enters the show as a college going girl who commutes daily in the same train as the other four protagonists of Ladies Special who befriend each other.

Sreejita’s character has been sketched by the makers of the show to fill in the void created by Payal’s exit. For the time being they will focus on De’s track.

Talking about Payal, as earlier reported by Wiki she now wants to concentrate on her career in Bengali films. In fact the actor has bagged a couple of movies too and is hence leaving the show.

Confirms Payal, “It’s not that I am quitting the show. The fact is that I was roped in only for 104 episodes. My contract is now over and I am not extending it. So that explains my leaving the show”.

She adds, “My track is coming to an end and I will only be shooting for some 4-5 days. I can’t tell you how my character leaves the show as for that you will have to watch the episodes.”

Sreejita is expected to enter the show soon and with Payal bowing
out, the makers are trying their best to retain their loyal viewers.

Tags
ladies special, soap, sony

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->