Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

TOP 1000 Recipes (Photos+Full Details)

Views: 64603  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 103 votes, 4.99 average.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:14 AM

Super Bowl Snack Ideas

Although I am not a huge football fan (sorry to all you football lovers), I am a huge fan of gathering together with friends to share some tasty finger foods. I have compiled a list of some of my favorite appetizers, soup/chili, and dessert recipes that will be perfect for your Super Bowl party. Since my brother in law Brooks is a HUGE Steelers fan, I will end this post by saying GO STEELERS! Sorry to my Packers' fans but he's family, you know?

Chicken and Sharp Cheddar Taquitos:

You can't go wrong with this finger food. Hearty, filling, and sure to please the pickiest palate - plus they are super easy to make!

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins topped with Spinach and Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes:

Simple to make, healthy ingredients, and absolutely delicious. Even my kids love these bite sized "muffins".

Roasted Asparagus with Prosciutto:

The perfect finger food but be careful because they are also highly addictive.

Mexican Tomato Rice and Bean Quesadillas with Sharp Cheddar:

Perfect for the vegetarians or light eaters at your party. These tasty quesadillas are also loved by children.

Baked Onion Rings:

These will be the hit of your party. They are so crispy and delicious without being greasy and full of fat. Serve with some fry sauce and you have yourself the perfect finger food.

Pizza Bites:

The perfect appetizer for those pizza lovers. These are filled with cheese and pepperoni but you could also fill them with your favorite pizza toppings. Easy to make and so scrumptious.

Cream Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers:

These are very dangerous for me because I can't stop eating them. They are spicy and creamy with a nice crunchy panko topping. They are just so good!

Caprese Skewers:

Light, healthy, and so easy to make. They are not only beautiful but absolutely delicious too.

Creamy Clam Dip:

This is a delicious clam dip that is filled with clams. It's always a big hit with party guests.

Shredded Beef and Cheddar Flautas:

These are so delicious that you will run out of them quickly. Make sure you make plenty! Serve with homemade Guacamole and Salsa.

Chicken and Basil Dumplings:

This is the perfect soup for the cold weather. It's comforting, delicious, and a soup that everyone will love.

Taco Soup:

This soup is filled with great flavors and textures. Serve with cheese, green onions, tortilla strips, and sour cream so everyone can pick their favorite toppings.

Southwestern Cream of Chicken Soup:

Try something different with amazing flavors and a bit of a kick... this is one of my very favorite soups.

Beef, Black Bean, and Chorizo Chili:

This will be a sure hit with the guys and gals at your party... it's filling, hearty, and so tasty.

Cinnamon Roasted Almonds:

Make sure you make plenty of these tasty snacks because they go fast!

Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla ****ercream Frosting:

You can make these cupcakes full size or as mini cupcakes. They are sure to please all of your party guests. Don't forget that you can make the frosting & sprinkles match your team colors!

Coconut and Lime Sugar Cookies:

These cookies are one of my favorites - they are so good you won't be able to eat just one.

Mini Lemon or Cherry Pies:

These little beauties are just the right size for a sweet snack and super simple to make.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:14 AM

Couscous Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I saw this recipe in the January/February 2011 Cooking Light magazine and immediately bookmarked it to make. You would think we would be sick of Greek flavors after the Angel Hair Pasta and Greek Burger but we weren't... we all just love Mediterranean flavors. This chicken was really fun to make and tasted wonderful. I split my chicken breast in half (after flattening it) so I could make my portion smaller and to share with my kids. The chicken turned out moist and tender and the Greek flavored couscous was a huge hit with all of us, especially my daughter. I served this dish with simply seasoned green beans for a delicious and healthy meal that my whole family enjoyed.

Couscous Stuffed Chicken Breasts:
Adapted recipe by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Cooking Light - January/February 2011
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat couscous
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • Dash of oregano (plus more for the chicken)
  • 3 tbsp g**** tomatoes, diced
  • 2 tbsp kalamata olives, diced
  • 2 tbsp feta cheese
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 tsp lemon rind, grated
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (recipe calls for 4)
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bring the broth to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat and add the couscous, minced garlic, and dash of oregano. Cover with a lid and let stand for 4-5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Cool for 10 minutes. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste then add the tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, parsley, and lemon grind and mix thoroughly.

Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound to an 1/4 inch thickness. I sliced one breast in half for smaller portions for my children and I and left one whole breast for my husband. Season both sides of the flattened chicken with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and oregano, to taste. Spoon the couscous mixture onto the center of the chicken breasts; roll up jelly roll fashion. Secure with toothpicks.

Heat an OVEN PROOF s****et over medium high heat and drizzle with the olive oil. Add chicken rolls to the hot pan and cook on all sides a total of six minutes, making sure the whole roll is nicely browned. Place the s****et in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the chicken is done.

Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing carefully and serving. Enjoy.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:15 AM

Greek Burger

We recently ate dinner at a local burger place and my husband had a Greek burger with feta cheese, kalamata olives, and roasted garlic on top. It was very delicious and full of my favorite flavors so I decided to recreate it at home. I loved the chunks of roasted garlic, salty feta, tangy kalamata olives, and spicy pepperocini. The burgers were a huge hit with my husband and I (my children opted for plain burgers - their loss). These Greek burgers were delicious with my homemade Baked Onion Rings.

Greek Burger:
Recipe by For the Love of Cooking.net
Inspired by Fresh Grill
  • Roasted garlic (click here for recipe)
  • 1 lb lean ground beef (90/10)
  • Garlic powder, to taste
  • Oregano, to taste
  • Feta cheese
  • Kalamata olives, diced
  • Pepperoncinis
  • Red onion, sliced
  • Tomato, sliced
  • Hamburger buns

Roast garlic (click link above for instructions). Once the garlic is roasted, remove each clove from the skin and chop into pieces.

Combine the ground beef with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, garlic powder, and oregano, to taste. Make four burger patties.

Heat a grill pan over medium high heat and coat with cooking spray. Add the burger patties and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until you reach your desired degree of doneness.

Place the burger on the toasted bun and top with feta cheese, roasted garlic, kalamata olives, pepperoncinis, red onion slice, and tomato slice. Top with the remaining bun and serve. Enjoy.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:15 AM

Baked Onion Rings

One of my very favorite foods is onions rings but I rarely eat them because they are so bad for me. I recently made some burgers and decided to try my hand at baking onion rings. I dipped them in flour then in an egg/milk mixture then in Italian panko crumbs. I baked them for 20 minutes and they turned out AMAZING. My husband and I really, really loved these rings. I loved how crunchy they were and the Italian seasoned panko gave them such great flavor. I served them with fry sauce (ketchup and mayonnaise mixed together). I am so excited that I can make my favorite treat at home without all the guilt.

Baked Onion Rings:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 2 sweet yellow onions, sliced into thick rings
  • 1/2 cup of flour
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbsp milk
  • 1 1/2 cups of Italian seasoned panko crumbs
  • Cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat coated with cooking spray.

Slice the onion into thick rings then separate them. Pour the flour into a bowl then season it with a bit of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper then mix well. Mix the egg and milk in a bowl until well combined. Pour the panko crumbs into another bowl. Dredge the onions first in the flour, then in the egg mixture, and finally in the panko crumbs until fully coated. Place each coated ring on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining rings. Spray the rings with cooking spray then place into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes then flip the rings over carefully with tongs. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:16 AM

Angel Hair Pasta with Artichokes, Olives, Tomatoes, and Capers

I was craving a light pasta for dinner so I looked in the cupboard to see what I had on hand. I found artichoke hearts, black olives, g**** tomatoes, capers, garlic, and basil so I tossed them together with angel hair pasta, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese. This dish was light, flavorful, and a huge hit with all of us. My son especially loved it and had two servings. It took only minutes to make and paired nicely with the Crusty French Bread I recently made.

Angel Hair Pasta with Artichokes, Olives, Tomatoes, and Capers:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 1/2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked per instructions
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 cup of frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
  • 1 cup of g**** tomatoes, diced
  • 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
  • 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
  • 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
  • Parmesan cheese, shaved

Cook the pasta in water per instructions. Make sure you season the water with sea salt before cooking the pasta.

While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large s****et over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives, and capers. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Add the cooked/drained pasta to the s****et, season well with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, add the basil and some Parmesan cheese then toss to coat evenly. Taste and re-season if needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy.

Tags
food, photos, recipes, top 1000

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum