Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips > SAP HCM Forum > SAP HCM Time Management Forum

Topic 65: Real Time Questions & Answers: Organizational Management

Views: 36749  
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 04-26-2009, 05:27 AM

I am going to client's place on Organizational Management implementation. When i face client, which sort of questions i need to ask?

ANS:1 1. First ask for the list of Depts they have.
2. Ask for Positions.
3.Then Assignment of the Orgunits to the orgunits.
4.Then Assignment of Positions to Org unit.
5.Now ask With which entity(Org unit or POsition) the Cost center is assigned (This is very imp).
6.Then ask whether they have PA module implemented before of will be implemented(this will decide the integration with PA)
If they had already implemented PA then U have to use reports to flow data from OM to PA.If not implemented then U have to activate the integration switch.
7.Then get the relationship between Positions and Employees.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:28 AM

ffice:smarttags" name="place"> I am working on 6.0. The company has decided to implement only Organizational Management, Time management and Training and Event Management modules. Can any one please tell me if its possible to do this without implementing personnel management??? And how would it be useful???

ANS:1 Assuming that for instance a name and a prename are considered as "Personnel Management" (or personnel administration PA) data, the use of only organizational management OMwill quite limit the advantages.

You could use OM to maintain the organizational chart, but without names on it... might be a bit boring.

But if you use Personnel Time Management PT and Training and Event Management TEM, I assume, that you use PA as well. Or how should this work if you are not able to assign the reported time to one person's ID?

there is any other way??? Or if there is any other way of uploading emp master data?

ANS:2 In brief: use PA.

If you want to store employee personnel data (like names and so on), then you will need the infotypes from personnel administration PA. Of course you could do it by creating customer specific tables (but with this solution you just create an easy version of what SAP already provides; meaning a lot of effort that is already covered if you use PA).

ANS:3 This can be possible, but if you are going to implement also times and event, you should need PA. If you donīt have PA, you wont have times or event.

For Times and Events, is requierement PA and OM.

ANS:4 As long as u dont process any employees in SAP, PA module may be left... But if u want to process an emp u should hav hired him and that happens in PA...

so check the pros & cons and then go for implementing

Can anybody provide me documentation on how to add few more infotypes to the detailed area in PPOME. Like we have basi data,cost assignment, etcc....... I want to add other infotypes too like 1008, 1005 etc.. how would i do that....

ANS: use transaction spro (IMG) path

[Personnel Management][Organizational Management][Hierarchy Framework][Intergrate New Inftype]

How can one know if a position is vacant or occupied in a company?

ANS:1 You can check it in PO13-Relationships or by PPOME. If you are try to get it by code using Evaluation Path A-008 (Holder)

ANS:2 check 1007 infotype in expet mode which is vacancy infotype

ANS:3 From Organization point of view, the HR core team members of the client side will tell you the no of sanctioned positions in a deptt. of a company, they will also tell you those positions which are occupied, this you will get when u'll b uploading the employee master data. Now those positions which are not occupied are vacant positions.

In SAP Goto TCode PP01 -> select object type as position, select an object ID as the position no. that u've created. then go to vacancy Infotype ther you can get the validity period and status of that position.

ANS:4 You can chek by TCode: PP01 ( Maintain Object )
1. Run Tcode PP01.
2. Select Plan Version ( 01)
3. Select Object Type S - > Position
4. Insert the position
5. Choose Vacancy and Display it.

ANS:5 PO13, Vacancy infotype, display.....
Old 04-26-2009, 05:29 AM

I am trying to reassign people from one company code to another for personal sub area change in infotype 0 in pa30. It will allow me to move a person from company code 100 to 200 but wont let me move a person from 200 to 300, any ideas on how to resolve this.

ANS:1 First, run the Org Reassignment through PA40, it will get you to the sequence of Infotypes needed to change.

May be Company Code 300, belongs to some other Cost Center or Controlling Area or out of box. Check all the configuration.

since company codes are changing, there cost centers are also changing accordingly( or so it is here! ) . They are both in the same controlling area. But when i seem to move them to company code 300, it tells me organizational reassignment not permitted.

ANS:2 Try using PA40. If you face the same problem. Go to Img part of Personal Action in PA. There see, whether you have checked the Check Box for this action Org Reassignment.

Latest News in SAP HCM Time Management Forum