Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

DMG team mourns as two die

Views: 1427  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Award Winner

Default DMG team mourns as two die

Working round the clock for dailies mean that the cast and crew are one big family, they share each other’s joys and sorrows, laughs and cries… And when there is any trouble with any one member – it pulls down the morale of the entire family. This is what happened last week with the Dill Mill Gayye team.

Two light-men working on STAR One’s Dill Mill Gayye died in an accident, sending the unit into shock. The two men, Rajesh and Sunil, died on spot after their bike collided with a car. They had been a part of the industry for the past 15 years, had a long association with Cinevistaas, the producers of the show. Rajesh who was the light-man in-charge, had worked on almost all the shows produced by Cinevistaas. The following day, Armaan and Shilpa were scheduled to shoot for the show but they decided to call it off to mourn the demise.

Infoms a source, “The accident took place around 11:30 pm on Friday night, outside the studio. The two died on the spot. The news had upset everyone associated with the show. They have been working on the show right from day one and were like a family. Next day we had to shoot with Armaan and Shilpa, but the duo along with the crew wasn’t in the right frame of mind and couldn’t shoot. We called off the shoot on Saturday. The actors along with the cast is doing their bit by helping the families by donating money to secure their future.”
An upset Dr. Siddhant (Karan Wahi) says, “I wasn’t in town when the accident took place. I heard of the incident, and we (the cast and crew) will be helping their families.”

Remembering the two men, Siddhant says, “I hadn't interacted with Rajesh much as he was the in-charge of all the light-men here but yes, Sunil was like family. I would affectionately call him Superman because he wore Superman T-shirts everyday to work and was heavily into body building. He was a very sweet guy and the news has upset me. You work with them round the clock and they become like family. The loss is irreplaceable. This shows that life is unpredictable.”

We pray that may Rajesh and Sunil’s soul rest in peace… You will be missed!

Tags
dill mill gayye, star one

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->