Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Participants/Contestants/Host/Photos/Videos: Sony's Maa Exchange

Views: 18532  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-30-2010, 02:35 PM

Default Participants/Contestants/Host/Photos/Videos: Sony's Maa Exchange

About the show:
  • Maa Exchange is a Hindi language Indian reality television series which premiered on January 12, 2011 on Sony TV. The series is an Indian version of popular international reality show, Wife Swap and is produced by Ronnie Screwvala of UTV Software Communications.

Concept, Format:
  • Every week, viewers will see two different families participate in a week-long challenge. Women from disparate backgrounds and cultural mindsets will exchange homes and try to discover how daily life is while living in another woman?
  • And this time too, the channel is all set to raise the heartbeats of all the mothers and kids including the fathers in the house, with their home adventure show 'Maa Exchange- Nayi Family Naya Drama', the first ever reality show in Indian Television where mothers will be swapped.
  • The reality show has been a sensation abroad and has been known in different names like Wife Swap, Mother Swap et al. Well, Wife Swap is definitely a name unfit for the Indian television and audience to watch or hear. So Sony decided to make it Maa Exchange.
  • "The show is a pure entertainment along with a mixture of knowledge where the family will realize value of a mother as she is the house-maker of the family. The show, while borrowed from the international format, has been designed keeping Indian values in mind. The content will be in line with Indian society and its beliefs. " says Ajit Thakur, EVP and Business Head, Sony Entertainment Television.
  • The swapped mothers will have to be in the house for eight days wherein four days they will have to follow the old rules laid by the original mother and the rest four days the family will follow the new rules laid by them. There will be eight mothers who will be swapped out of which four are related to the entertainment industry and the rest four from the common family, and the show will go for thirteen weeks. The show will also see a face-off happening between the two families where they discuss their stay in the respective houses and find fault if any..
Host:
  • The show will be hosted by an actress who has never been seen as a host and will be seen in a new avatar. People will see the most notorious Dadisa of Balika Vadhu, Surekha Sikri, as the calm and composed host of Maa Exchange.
  • She reasons why she took up the show "The show is very real and genuine and I could speak my heart in the show".
Contestants, Participants:
  • Puja Bedi, Rajeev Nigam and Anuradha, Zehra and Farookh Merchant, Antima and Sujit Raute, Apara Mehta and Sudesh Berry are among the celebrities participating in the show
  • The promos have already hit the screens with Pooja Bedi and Anuradha Nigam being swapped and Tellybuzz has already reported about Apara Mehta and Sudesh Berry's wife being swapped which will be seen in the coming episodes.
  • The 13-week series is being produced by UTV Television.
  • Surekha Sikri will be the host of the show, while participants will be from varied backgrounds ? different cultures, different socio-economic backgrounds and a mix of common people and celebrities.
Telecast, Episode, Videos:
  • Sony TV all set to go on floors with their new show Maa Exchange- Nayi Family Naya Drama from 12 January
    The show will go on floors from 12 January, every Wednesday and Thursday, from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
  • I don't think anybody could miss this show!!!
  • Sony Entertainment Television has always given entertainment packages to people that kept them glued on to the screens.
Winner, Last Episode:
  • The last day of the 'Maa Exchange' program saw both busy in their own way.
  • Anuradha painted a big canvas for Pooja"s house with her daughter Aalia"s help and she even got some paintings of hers framed thereby making Pooja"s daughter quite happy.
  • Pooja too changed the complete look of Anuradha"s house and made it look like a dream house compared to the dust and filth that it was when she had first walked in.
  • In the end, each one walked out a winner as each mother had learnt something from the experience and each learnt to appreciate what was there in her life with greater enthusiasm.
  • No Winner - Great show!

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-06-2011, 04:04 PM

Talented actors Apara Mehta and Sudesh Berry have apparently been roped in to be part of Sony's reality show, Maa Exchange..

Wife Swap, the popular reality show that originated in UK has now come to India in the form of Maa Exchange - Nayi Family Naya Drama. The original concept which involved wife swapping has been modified to suit the Indian television audience, and it will be mothers/wives (or at times husbands) who will be swapped. The show will launch on Sony Entertainment Television early next year.

The promos of the show are already on air; Surekha Sikri of Balika Vadhu fame will be hosting it. Pooja Bedi will be the first celebrity who will be swapped.

Our source states, "Apara Mehta and Sudesh Berry have been roped in for the show, and they will be swapped into families bearing a different kind of lifestyle. They are expected to shoot from first week of January 2011".

We called Apara Mehta who said, "See, talks are on and I might do the show if I set right my dates. Frankly speaking, I have been offered almost all reality show including Bigg Boss, but due to my play schedule I could not take them. I am now done with my plays but have my SAB TV show Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo on air. If all goes well, I might be seen in Maa Exchange. If I decide to do it, I will surely tell you".

When contacted, Sudesh Berry said, "Yes. The channel has approached me for the show and I will be a part of the show but right now I can't divulge any further details about its developments."

Every celebrity will be swapped to a new house wherein he/she will have to adhere to the rules set previously by the mother in the house. Later on, the celebrity will be given a chance to define his/her own rule in the house, after which both the swapped contestants and their families will have a face-off to discuss about their stay in house.

We hear that there would be 11 celebrities taking part in the show..

We tried contacting the spokesperson from UTV, but could not get any revert.

Read more: Participants/Contestants/Host/Photos/Videos: Sony's Maa Exchange - Wikipedia NewForum
Old 01-06-2011, 04:13 PM

Ajit Thakur, EVP and Business Head of Sony TV speaks about the new show Maa Exchange

Sony TV is all set to take off with yet another novel reality show Maa Exchange which is an adaption of the American reality show Wife Swap.

Tellybuzz had a chat with Ajit Thakur, EVP and Business Head, Sony Entertainment Television about the concept which can raise an eyebrow or two amongst the Indian audience..

Excerpts!!!

What was the main reason that prompted the channel to take up a concept like Maa Exchange?
It is always a known fact that women are the real home makers of the family but at times, it is not realized. To bring that into limelight, we thought this show would be a good medium and also this will be one show which will be all in all 'Real'.

What are the changes you have brought in to make it suitable for Indian audience?
We know what the Indian audience wants to see, and the show is produced keeping in mind the Indian values and customs. The show is produced in a way that the entire family can watch it together.

What is the USP of the show?
The promos have shown only a part of what will happen in the show and once the show will go on air, it will drag the audience towards watching the show.

Since the promos are already on air, how is the response from public?
I have not received the updates yet, but there have not been any negative response as of now.

Don't you think it is a bold concept for Indian audience?
I do not think it is a bold concept but it is a unique one that we are putting up; a whole family can view it without any hesitation. Above all, Sony till date has given shows that are family oriented like Kaun Banega Crorepati, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa etc.

What about the contestants' list?
As people have seen the promos, the initial episodes will see Pooja Bedi being swapped with Anuradha Nigam and also there are two common mothers Zehra, who is a business woman and Antima who is a housewife whose shoot is over. In the coming episodes there is a family from Nainital which will be swapped with a family in Mumbai and also people will see Apara Mehta and Sudesh Berry's wife being swapped.

On what basis have you selected the contestants?
We have tried to bring in people who are from different backgrounds and cultural diversities who live their life in a completely different way.

You have swapped mothers of two families who are from different financial backgrounds; don't you think that it will create a barrier?
Our intention is not to bring out the financial differences of the families and I personally feel that once a mother enters the house, those differences hardly matter. We are also bringing two families which are financially sound but culturally different. For example we are swapping mothers from two families, wherein the first family believes in starting the day with Yoga and living the life in a healthy manner and the other family who believes in living life to the fullest with fun and masti.

You have added Pooja Bedi to show; is she the face of the show?
We decided to take Pooja because she is a single working mother and she was very keen when we approached her. After her shoot she said that the bonding she saw between Rajeev Nigam and his son Yash was really touching which is not there in her family. There are no celebrities when you enter the show as all are put into similar challenging situations.

With this show don't you think that the children are put into a traumatizing situation?
As far as young children are concerned, they liked their 'new mother' and it is the elder ones who are having problems as they have reached the phase of complex mindset.

What are you trying to achieve from the show; will there be any winners?
There is no winner in the show because that will **** the purpose of the show. We are just trying to portray the different situations the mothers undergo and the final learning experience that everyone gets who are involved in the show.

How will you describe the show in one word?
Genuine
Old 01-07-2011, 07:34 AM

Pooja Bedi during the launch of the Sony's show 'Maa Exchange' at JW Marriott Hotel in Mumbai. (Pic: Viral Bhayani)
Old 01-07-2011, 07:34 AM

Pooja Bedi during the launch of the Sony's show 'Maa Exchange' at JW Marriott Hotel in Mumbai. (Pic: Viral Bhayani)

Tags
maa exchange, participants, reality show, sony, Sony’s Maa Exchange 2021, Sony’s Maa Exchange 2022, Sony’s Maa Exchange All Winners, Sony’s Maa Exchange Articles, Sony’s Maa Exchange Awards, Sony’s Maa Exchange Forum, Sony’s Maa Exchange Future Story, Sony’s Maa Exchange Gallary, Sony’s Maa Exchange IndiaForum, Sony’s Maa Exchange Interview, Sony’s Maa Exchange Last episode, Sony’s Maa Exchange Latest Update, Sony’s Maa Exchange New Star Cast, Sony’s Maa Exchange Participants, Sony’s Maa Exchange Photos, Sony’s Maa Exchange Pictures, Sony’s Maa Exchange Season 1, Sony’s Maa Exchange Season 2, Sony’s Maa Exchange Season 3, Sony’s Maa Exchange Shocking News, Sony’s Maa Exchange Social Media updates, Sony’s Maa Exchange Spoiler, Sony’s Maa Exchange Star Cast, Sony’s Maa Exchange Stars, Sony’s Maa Exchange Story, Sony’s Maa Exchange Story sofar, Sony’s Maa Exchange Today Episode, Sony’s Maa Exchange Tomorrow Spoiler, Sony’s Maa Exchange Videos, Sony’s Maa Exchange Winner, Sony’s Maa Exchange Written update, Sony’s Maa Exchange Yesterday Episode

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->