Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sony Face, Amitabh Bachchan, to be part of Indian Idol finale

Views: 2484  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Award Winner

Default Sony Face, Amitabh Bachchan, to be part of Indian Idol finale

Indian Idol is inching closer to its finale with three singers vying for the top spot. Bhoomi Trivedi, Rakesh Maini and Sreeram have managed to survive the fierce competition but now the big question is who would walk away with the title this time around. The latest buzz doing the rounds is that Amitabh Bachchan would be the special guest for the finale.

A reliable source from the show says, “Big B has been invited to grace the finale and this is in a bid to promote KBC 4 that is going to be launched in October. It seems like the channel has decided to make him the face of Sony.”

Danish Khan, EVP Marketing Sony confirmed the news to TellyChakkar. The finale will be held live on August 15th.
Latest Update:
Sreeram has won Indian Idol 5 at a glittering event in Mumbai. Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan declared the winner. The judges Saleem Marchant, Sunidhi Chouhan and Anu Malik went along with the People’s decision. This year’s top 3 finalists Bhoomi Trivedi, Rakesh Maini and Sreeram Chandra performed during the final show. Bhoomi Trivedi was Radio Mirchi’s choice for Radio Jockey among the top 5 contestants of this year’s Indian Idol.

Other Indian Idol contestants also sang the song “Vande Mataram” signifying India’s 63 years of Independence. Bollywood beauties Kareena Kapoor and Anushka Sharma also made an appearances at the final show adding glitter to the show. Indian Idol is a reality talent show and is hugely popular. The show has gone on to win hearts and at the same time has captured the imaginatio.

Indian Idol 5 Grand Finale with top 3 contestants including Boomi Trivedi, Shreeram and Rakesh Maini. The Indian Idol 5 grand finale aired at 8:00 pm on 15th August, 2010 on Sony TV.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH LIVE FULL ONLINE EPISODE VIDEOS

And the Winner is Sreeram...
Grand Finale of Indian Idol 12 Click Here

Grand Finale of Indian Idol 12 Click Here

Hyderabad-based Sreeram Chandra has won the fifth season of music reality show "Indian Idol". He was announced the winner by megastar Amitabh Bachchan.

The 24-year-old singer pipped Rakesh Maini from Agra and Bhoomi Trivedi of Baroda to win the contest. Sreeram has been consistently performing well on the show and receiving compliments galore from the Who's Who of the Indian music industry.

His victory on the show has landed him Rs. 5 million cash, one-year contract with Sony BMG, a Tata Winger car, and for the first time, a chance to sing a song in a Yash Raj Films' project.

For Sreeram, winning the title on India's Independence Day is a special feat.

Runner-up

Before winning the title, Sreeram said, "Independence Day has always been important. If I win, I will feel lucky that I have received my identity on a day when my country celebrates its independence. For the rest of my life I will celebrate this day as my victory day." Grand Finale of Indian Idol 12 Click Here

The finale, held at the Filmistan Studios in Mumbai, saw a mélange of celebrities like Kareena Kapoor, Kailash Kher, Richa Sharma, Alisha Chinai, Shankar Mahadevan and to top it all Bollywood's Big B, Amitabh Bachchan, who is set to host quiz show "Kaun Banega Crorepati 4".

Second runner-up

Indian Idol 5 – Grand Finale Week:
  • 9th August 2010 – Monday – Aamir Khan – Peepli Live Special
  • 10th August 2010 – Tuesday – Sunidhi Special
  • 11th August 2010 – Wednesday – Udit Narayan Special
  • 12th August 2010 – Thursday – Usha Special
  • 14th August 2010 – Saturday – Shaan Special
  • 15th August 2010 – Sunday – Grand Finale

Tags