One of our most favourite Naagins, Mouni Roy, had to bid farewell to the show after she was offered a couple of Bollywood films. The actress will be seen in AKshay Kumar’s Gold and Dharma Productions’ Brahmastra. While we are super excited to watch Mouni on the big screen, we are going to miss her terribly in the supernatural series. The first two installments of Naagin have been really successful and always topped the BARC reports. Surbhi Jyoti, who was last seen on Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai has replaced Mouni in the show. In fact, Surbhi and Anita Hassanandani are the new leads on the show now.

In a chat with Midday, Mouni spoke about how difficult it was for her to let go of Naagin and Ekta Kapoor. She said, “It was a tough decision. Naagin is so close to my heart. I will miss everything about the show. It was something that was conceptualised around me.” Speaking about her upcoming stints in Bollywood, she adds, “I wanted to give movies a chance. After all, such opportunities don’t always come your way.” When asked if she is planning to quit TV, she replies, “No way, I am not quitting TV.” (ALSO READ: Mohit Raina dodges question about Valentine’s Day plans, while Mouni Roy reveals she will be chilling in Bulgaria – watch video)

Now that’s a relief to all the Mouni fans who have seen and loved her on the small screen. Mouni is now in Bulgaria shooting for Brahmastra with Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor. She already finished shooting for Gold with Akshay Kumar which is set to release this year. Mouni dons a retro avatar for her film with Akshay and a couple of leaked pictures from the sets got the audience pretty excited. We can’t wait to get more details on her role in Brahmastra. We’re pretty sure she is going to be mind-blowing in the film.

The actress has also been in the news for her reviews on rumoured beau, Mohit Raina’s new show called 21 Sarfarosh: Sarhagarhi. The two seem to have no plans to celebrate Valentine’s Day since she will be shooting in Bulgaria. But coming back to Mouni and Naagin, what are your thoughts on this? Tell us in the comments below and stay tuned with us for more.