Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips

SAP HR TIME MANAGEMENT FULL Material

Views: 30159  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:00 AM

56. We need User-exit name required for the Time management, i.e PA30 infotype: 2001. User-exits required for creating rules for all kind of leave of an employee.ffice:office" />
ANS:1 There is a standard User Exit for PA30 / 40 for PBO and PAI events.
ZXPADU01 for PBO and
ZXPADU02 for PAI events.
By writing proper code in here for the IT2001, you can write your rules.

ANS:2 Check this user exit enhancement PBAS0001 ( PA: Pers.Admin./Recruitment: Default values and checks ), which is used for all infotypes in HR. Hope this will solve your problem.

57. How do we configure the following 2 scenarios:
(1) Period work schedule for 2nd and Last Saturday Off and all Sundays Off.
(2) Period work schedule for 2nd and 4th Saturday Off and all Sundays Off.
ANS:1 Same solution is there for both of your threads.
All Sundays off : Create a daily work schedule OFF with planned working hours 0. and assign the same in period work schedule in the last field as it denotes Sunday.
2nd Saturday off : Go to Public Holiday Calendar in time management work schedules
Then create public holiday
Select " With a fixed day from date ".
Select Saturday
Enter "8" in day field.
Enter "1" in month field.
Save the ffice:smarttags" />Holiday.
Assign the holiday to the holiday calendar.
Assign the holiday Calendar to Factory Calendar.
In Factory Calendar, tick all the days except Sunday.
Go to display calendar.
It will display the second saturday as off in your calendar for January Month.
If you want to create for all the months, repeat the above process by giving 2,3,4,5,6........12 in the month field.
So that it will show all second saturdays as offs in your calendar.
4th or Last Saturday :
Repeat the above process by giving 21 in the day field and month numbers in the month field.
Another process is also there with the help of "Special days" concept. But the result will be the same.
Thats why go ahead with the above process.
100% you will get the solution.

58. For a new implementation for a public sector with complex work schedules and wide variety of employees. With this information and some knowledge in public sector which of the following would you suggest and why? If you can think of an alternative, pls let me know.
Time Management using Time Clocks (with CATS)
Time Management without Time Clocks (Using CATS)
Time Management using Time Clocks with ESS
Time Management without Time Clocks with ESS
Time Management without Time Clocks using Time Managers WORKPLACE

ANS:1 Instead of the above time recording only for deviations will be the best I think since many public have lot of Full time employees than the contractors and part-time employees

59. One implementation requires the attendance recording system (swipe card) to be linked with the Payroll. The system should calculate attendance of employees based on the swipe done for the day. Can anyone help me on this. What all customization to be done for this. Any external time recoding ANS:1 system will use either MS Access or Excel.
I Understood your requirement, try to understand that you are working on a positive time evaluation, means recording Time Events (clock-in & clock-out), as per my understanding updating IT 2001, 2002, 2006 & 2007, so here the key point is to transfer the External time data to SAP Appl server.
You have many interfaces and up-load programs automatically stores the external data to SAP Appl server (like Integrator or BDCs)
Your key point is to facilitate user-friendly interface to upload ext data, then your task is so simple to implement whole project.
. Is there any std prog for upload the time data. What are the customization settting to this time evaluation. Is there any document.

60. what are the switches functions of PA - Om and Time management and recruitment All Functions which fall under this category
You could find the relevant switches for PA, OM, TM and RC in the IMG nodes. Otherwise, you could got to SM30->T77S0 and get the list of all the switches. But they would include everything and not just these sub-modules
Old 12-14-2008, 11:05 AM

61. can u help me find what's wrong with my schema? it can't work properlyffice:office" />

VARSTP2002 :

- N

- Y :

HRS?4.00 :

- <

- = :

- HRS=1

- ADDZLS2816

- > :

- HRS=1

- ADDZLS2816

(condition : if there is some data in Infotype 2002, then check if attendance hours / STDAZ is more or equal to 4 hours, then add some value to wage type 2816)
pls modify ffice:smarttags" />ur PCR ( Not Schema) in the following way
outtpprtyp
n
y
hrs=d1234( create a time type )
HRS?4.00 :
- <
- = :
- HRS=1
- ADDZLS2816
- > :
- HRS=1
- ADDZLS2816
this is my scenario :
i want to create PCR so if employee who has level 8 or above (TRFST) overtime in public holiday at least 4 hours, get a transport allowance (wage type 2816)
this is my complete PCR. maybe you could understand the problem if u see that. ;-)

VARSTHOLCL //public holiday

OUTWPTRFST //level

VARSTP2002

N

Y

HRS?3.99

<

>

HRS=1

ADDZLS2816

when i run PT60, although if there is a data in IT2002 that have attendance hours=7, it was read HRS<3.99 when enterred the PCR.
i think my PCR didn't read attendance hours, but i don't know how to fix it..
Before checking HRS?3.99,
you should use HRS=PNUM
then it collects the hours.
Can I suggest you some thing?
* COLOP*
OUTWPTRFST //level
** COLOP* //for any other level
VARSTP2002
N COLOP*
Y
HRS=PNUM
HRS?4
< COLOP* // for any hrs<4
* // >= 4
HRS=1
ADDZLS2816
COLOP* and please call this rule with the function PTIP.
It should work I dont know why you are not getting the result.In the schema,did you call the rule like this?
PTIP ZXXX GEN
here ZXXX is your rule.
Next time when you run the TE check the log and see how the rule has got processed, like you can see till which line it worked.
instead of p2002,you can use
* COLOP*
OUTWPTRFST //level
** COLOP* //for any other level
VARSTPRSNT //EMPLOYEE AT WORK?
N COLOP*
Y
HRS=PNUM
HRS?4
< COLOP* // for any hrs<4
* // >= 4
HRS=1
ADDZLS2816
COLOP*
The PCR suggested by Mr. venkat should work. You may also need to use the function CHECK with parameter BP in your custom schema, so that the TRFST is properly read by the system.

Please let me know example of cases in which you got the wrong calculations.
Please use the function PTIP to call the rule.\ are you saying that this rule doesn’t work for some holidays and its working for only some? if thats the case check the holiday classes of those holidays. This rule works well for the holidays of holiday class1.
i do have condition how to write a PCR for that Condition : for every 20 physical working days 1 leave should be generated this is according to factories act, can we configure in absences or else we to write a PCR?
OUTTPPTYPE
OUTTPVTYPE
M
HRS=D1234
HRS?4
<
COLOP *
ADDZLS2816
COLOP *
COLOP *
COLOP *

i forgot to add ur attendance type...
OUTTPPTYPE
outtprtyp
OUTTPVTYPE
M
HRS=D1234
HRS?4
<
COLOP *
ADDZLS2816
COLOP *
COLOP *
COLOP *
Syntax could be exactly specified here.. for all else conditions pls give COLOP *
I have a question on this.Will they get one leave added to quota after 20 days of physical attendance? so that they can use that later?
In that case, you can write a PCR.
you have to use a counter time type to count the number of attendance.
Please follow these steps.
1.Create a time type for example say Z123 .name it as Day counter. and create another time type to store leave accruals.
2.then create some absence quota and for leave accrual and in set base entitle ments for that quota specify this time type Z234 in the day balance column.(I will paste the link which explains, how to create a abs quota which is to be generated by TE).
3.write a rule like this
VARSTPRSNT //EMPLOEE PRESENT?
N
Y HRS=DZ123
HRS?20
< HRS=1
ADDDBZ123
* HRS=1
ADDDBZ234
HRS=0
ADDDBZ123Z
call this rule with ACTIO
here is the link, which explains how to create an abs quota
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?threadID=460558
Hi I am here pasting the info from that link. Plz follow these steps to create a quota for leave accruals.
I will try to give all the steps here. Please let me know if you need any more info.
I hope you know how to crate a quota type with the quota grouping of your organization.
1. Create a time type say for example 9120.(let us say 20 is your sick leave quota type).

2.then go to Time management-->time data recording and adm-->Managing time accounts with abs/att quotas-->Calculating abs entitlements-->set base entitlements.
in that create new entry for your quota type .ANd enter ESG ,PSG,Rule and sequence number .Under the Base entitlement tab, leave seniority, age and all if not needed in ur company and under the entitlement tab and under Day Balnce enter the time type you created here 9120.and select accrual period radio ****on. save it.

3.Timemanagement-->timedata recording and adm-->Managing time accounts with abs/att quotas-->Calculating abs entitlements-->Determine validity /deduction interval.
create a newentry with your quota type and select accrual period radio ****ons.

4.Goto V_T559L table and find your quota type or create new entry and on left hand side under dialog structure select the 2 nd folder quota types and find your quota type and select increase radio ****on and save the changes.

5.And the rest is same as the general quota configuration.
SCENARIO: i have an employee that work at 24:00 until 08:00, call it Q3A for DWS.
but, in SAP if u wrote 24:00 in planned working hours (PWH) it is automatically changed to 00:00.
so, to trick this i wrote 23:59 in PWH and i add 23:59 - 24:00 for the tolerance.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:06 AM

62. As per the business process, one public holiday is only applicable to Female employees, I would like to know how to configure the same in public holiday calendar

ANS:1 Seems to be a wierd case- I couldn't understand the logic of a public holiday being applicable only to Female employees. I don't think you can make this work-unless you create a seperate employee subgroup only for female employees and then use this employee subgroup as a seperate grouping to define holiday calendar. But the problem in this kind of approach is that, you would loose out the other requirements for an employee subgroup. Do take care about this problem

ANS:2 PHC can't be created on Gender basis. It is assigned to Personnel Structure and Company Structure. You must make an absence and quota and assign it to specific employee who are female.

ANS:3 PHC is grouped based on ESG/ PSA, in this case we need to maintain Sparta calendar and to maintain separately.
then u have to create the ESG seperatly for Males and Females, then it may help you,

This requirement is from Asian country, Now I cannot change EE & ESG grouping.

ANS:4 If that is the case, then all I can think of is to create a work schedule with this particular day with 0 planned working hours- be sure that you would create a PWS on an annual basis( I assume here that the PH that you would want is an annual event and occurs only once in an year and at the same day/date each year). This being the case, generate a PWS on an annual basis and assign it to the employee. But also note that this is just a 0 planned working time, and wouldnt be available for reports that take the Public Holiday Calender list.

63. Now we are maintaining the External Time Recoding system. In one location nearer 700 employees are there. In Daily Work schedule we will maintain the Tolerance time like begin tolerance and End tolerance. During that time employees swipe their cards.
When we run the Time evaluation with the help of TM00, it is showing exceptions like, Over Time, if employee work on weekly off and Public holidays. In the same way I need to get the Late coming those who are coming after shift starts and before shift ends.
If I want to get this type of exceptions where i have to do the configuration.
When the actual swipe time crossing the Tolerance time my requirement is
0 to 14 Min = 0 deduction
15 to 29 Min = 15 minutes deducted
30 to 44 Min = 30 minutes deducted
45 to 59 Min = 45 minutes deducted
60 to 74 Min = 1.00 Hrs deducted
75 to 89 Min = 1.15 hrs deducted
90 & Above = Half day Abscent , How & Where can configure this?

My suggestion for Late coming report maintenance could be done in schema coding. The evaluation can be done in the schemas and deducted from the Quotas with some customization.
In schema or customization where i need to do the changes.
You need to modify the schema(whichever you are using..prolly TM00) and include these conditions in it for it to work!..there are no customizations for this!

64. Please create a warning message on the TOR that says the employee's "Vacation balance will be negative as a result of this request" The hard error when someone reaches -20 is correct. Now, we need to make sure we get "warning" when the balance is -.01 through -20. Possible?
how can we create the warning message

65. For CATS, to be able to enter projects, where do we setup the work center for an employee?
Please refer to the SAP note 333884 which describes how the default procedure works in CATS. During the initial CATS data entry you may to default entries in CATSDB. I have suggested to customers to use SAP Enhancement CATS0002 to change the data according to your requirements.
66. While I was configuring the step --- Work schedule rules and work schedules
Define Employee subgroup groupings Group employee subgroups for work schedules
I am not able to see the emp group and emp subgroup in the table V_503_D which was created earlier in Enterprise Structure. Is there a way to resolve this ?

ESG for enterprise structure diff v_t508t you define esg for work schedule you define in that table and assign in v_503_d
Kindly check out V_T508A-----> Group employee subgroups for
work schedules

just check whether you assigned then to your country grouping or not
plz go thru to the assign of employee group and sub group to the country grouping then u will find the solution

67. Can anybody tell me if we have more than one leave in a company then whether we have to add different counting rule and deduction rule or one counting rule and one deduction rule is enough for all of this leaves?
ANS:1 Counting rules define how absences are treated based on the type of day and day of the week.So you need to define in the Counting/Deduction rule for all absence type.
Note : Absence types not assigned to a quota must be assigned counting rule ‘001’ or ‘010’ depending on the requirements for counting Statutory Holidays.

ANS:2 if there are more than one leave then the likely scenario for u is let us say sick and casual.
then it is obvious that sick will have to be deducted from sick and casual from casual. so the deuction rules will be different. for the counting rule it depends upon how the leaves are counted if all the leaves are counted the same way as the other the one counting rule is enough other wise if each of them differs from the other then u have to have as many counting rules

68. How can we configure a movable holiday? On which basis it works? I have configured every thing but it is showing customizing error.
Movable holiday means every year the date can be changed. take the movable holiday create it gives a screen where u will find the columns year date etc give it for this year or the year you want and save it. this has to be updated every year

If we mention date in movable calendar, why should we go for movable holiday.?
This year Ganesh Utsav was on 15th of Sep, Next year it may fall in some other month on some other day. which means it moves every year. Hence we configure it as a Movable holiday Wheres as gandhi jayanthi is on 2nd October which is fixed.
Movable holiday is a specific holiday which is not fixed every year.

In movable holiday we have to enter date andday. We are creating movable calender, so without knowing how can we mention? Difference (Vex.Vijaydasami and Deevali, we have to create these two in movable holidays only) could be days or one month, how can we mention?
As per my understanding, movable holiday, you can define for few years together if you know that in which year Diwali will fall on which date.
Now in second block(Not Guarantee), you can select not guarantee, if you don't want to offer alternate holiday even if it is lying on weekends and if you select any of the weekend days of your company, and want to offer alternate holiday on previous or next day.
Say if Diwali lies on Saturday and you want to offer holiday on Previous day, select, Saturday and select move to previous day. So in the year when it will come on Saturday, you will be able to automatically see holiday on Friday (a day before your specified date) in the calendar. Also as already said by everybody it is used for the holidays which are not on a fix date every year.

69. we have 3 shifts :
8:00 --> 16:00
16:00 --> 00:00
00:00 --> 8:00
however im facing a problem in the third shift if the employee clocks in at 23:55
his tip entries are processed in the previous day under processing type M (overtime), while he is considered absent in the following day.
Note this does not happen if the employee clocks in at 00:00. what should be done in those cases

Did you try using the "Previous Day Indicator" in table V_T550P?
Im not using break schedules, our work schedules have no breaks assigned to it.
check in the 2002 Infotype if previous day indicator is checked ?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:21 PM
funguy

Hey Thank you, very informative.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:46 AM

Hi

Thanks for the wonderful info

Tags
sap hr

Latest News in Career Forum & Tips