Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips

BASIC QUESTIONS ON SAP HR TIME MANAGEMENT with answers

Views: 23033  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.75 average.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:16 AM

94. I m working on CATS where in the data is interfaced through a legacy system.
I have the following Queries which requires an urgent response.
• Data from the legacy system to be transported is based on Wagetypes
• How to assign a Wagetype ( For example Wagetype-1000) to an Attendance and Absence Type and accordingly pick it up in Time Evaluation and send the data to Payroll
• I am confused of how to send the wagetype data to Payroll through Time Evaluation.ffice:office" />

ANS:1 i have used documents this site to understand how to create time wage types in time evaluation, thrue table T554s, T555Y and T510S
http://www.insightcp.com/res_16.htm
When wagetypes are stored in ZL they are processed in Payroll.

ANS:2 Please maintain the table T554S.
Please maintain a proper Time Management Status in IT0007, so that time can be integrated with payroll.

95. any document about time, worklow and time bapi for 4.7 / 4.6c

ANS:1 Hope this helps for time management:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/8a/9868bc46c411d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

ANS:2 Some BAPI,s for time module are :-
1)BAPI_ABSENCE_CREATE
2)BAPI_TIMEQUOTA_GETDETAILEDLIST
3)BAPI_EMPATTABS_GETDETAIL
4)BAPI_PTIMEOVERVIEW_GET
5)BAPI_ABSENCE_GETDETAIL
6)BAPI_PTIMEOVERVIEW_SAVEREPLICA

ANS:3 Check with below links
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a5/3ec8534ac011d1894e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ab80b790-0201-0010-569a-99dcadc709c3
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40bceb90-0201-0010-7297-d5e11f35743f

96. I'd like to know the basic tables to customize de types of time wages to transfer to payroll.
The first question is where do I relation a time type to a payrol wage type.

ANS:1 I am not sure whether table v_512w_d is you are looking for. For example you may configure one hourly pay wagetype in this table (normally you need to use tcode oh11 to copy a standard wagetype), after then you can put this hourly pay wagetype in IT0008 with time records for calculation payroll.

ANS:2 Table T510S is used to generate time wage type (with the help of time types and processing types) and these time wage types will store only the hours in time management module. When these are carried over to the payroll, dollar amounts are attached to these wage types in payroll.
If time management is not used, then time wage types can be generated inside the payroll schema itself (U000). The function DAYPR will call the sub-schema TC00 and time wage types are generated inside this.

ANS;3 maintain Table T510S and read the doc on DAYMO function

97. I would like to learn and know about infotypes of time management such as IT2001,IT2002,IT2006,IT2007. If possible please give a scenario and explain breifly about the funtionality
of each fields in those infotypes such as absence, attendence, absence quota and attendance quotas.

ANS; You can use the Attendances and Absences component to create the basic time information for the evaluation and accounting of your employees’ working times. You can use the Attendances (2002) and Absences (2001) infotypes to record time information efficiently.
You should use the Attendances/Absences component if you want to record working times or absence times for individual employees.
You can use Attendances to record the following situations, for example:
· Employees’ actual times
· Deviations from an employee’s personal work schedule
· Deviations from an employee’s general activities (such as seminar attendances, business trips)

You can use Absences to record the following situations, for example:
· Leave
· Doctor’s appointments
· Illness
You can specify data entry checks that permit or prevent the entry of specific attendances and absences.
You use 2006 infotype to manage time accounts that represent employees’ absence entitlements or time credits. The time accounts contain a particular number of days or hours during which employees are permitted to be off work.
You can use 2006 infotype to manage the following time accounts, for example:
· Employees’ annual leave
· Time in lieu accounts, containing hours of overtime for which employees are permitted to claim compensatory time off
· Paid and unpaid absence entitlements, such as for illness or other life events
You use 2007 infotype to manage time accounts that represent employees’ attendance approvals.
Employees’ working times affect costs. You can therefore use the Attendance Quotas infotype (2007) to specify how many hours an employee is permitted to work, and at what times. The system monitors how these time accounts are accrued and deducted.
You can use the infotype to manage the following time accounts, for example:
· Approvals for an employee to use a set number of days each year for further training
· Approvals for an employee to work a set number of overtime hours, if required, at set times over a set period

98. My client needs the following data:
Employee applies for 5 days leave.
later he cancels it and re applies for 3 days only. In absences infotype, i delete earlier absences of 5 days and put only 3 days. but client wants to see both data...his first leave application of 5 days, and the second leave application of 3 days also... how do we save LEAVE APPLICATIONS?? Even though the first leave application is cancelled,client wants to see as:
1. 5 days leave
2. 3 days Leave etc...

ANS:1 You could find useful this transaction: S_AHR_61016380, there you can log infotypes changes, so that you can save the leave record after modifying/deleting it in PA30.
ANS:2 I hope, you will have the splits in the corresponding table. Eventually, you have the two splits in his / her master record history.

99. anyone who worked on time constraints in depth. please let me know how can i delete the absence and overwrite it with attendnce automatically. if i eneted abse for 2nd aug, and i try to enter attendance on 2nd aug, it is not allowing/ or allowing both records to exist... i am using A for attdnace ...still not able to get...where else do i need to chnage in 554y_b table?

ANS:1 A time constraint indicates whether more than one infotype record may be available at one time.
The following time constraint indicators are permissible:
1 No overlapping and no gaps.
2 No overlapping but time gaps are permitted.
3 Overlapping and and time gaps are permitted.
A Only one record may exist, valid from 01/01/1800 to 12/31/9999.
Splitting and deletion is not permissible.
B Only one record may exist, valid from 01/01/1800 to 12/31/9999.
Splitting is not permissible, but may be deleted.
T The time constraint varies depending on the subtype.
Z Refers to time management infotypes

ANS:2 First of all, I am not able to understand "How a person will remain absent and present at the same time on 2nd Aug?" Not sure, if your client have got such typical requirement...
Moreover its related to Time constraint Class and you need to change the Reaction indicators and TCC in the table.

Actually i am not asking that the employee should have ATTENDANCE and ABSCENCE records for same day...my problem is: The Abs record shuld get deleted if i try to enter ATTENDANCE at later days... REGULARIZATION u might have veard of..where employees want to correct their abscences.
means 2nd aug, by some delay or mistake, it is marked absence, later tomm, if i enter attendance in 2002 infotype, SAP shuld delete the earlier absence automatically, and maintain only attendance.
in fact i had achieved doing it last year in my project, same thing i am not able to do now....

ANS:3 Well if you did it last year with the help of time constraints then i don't know, I thought time constraints check only on the same infotype. Interesting to know that it can also work on 2 different infotypes.

Anyways, alternatively, you could setup a dynamic action (background delte) for your requirement.
Dynamic Action may need some description of the reaction....instead if i just change the time constraint ,i can solve...and i have of course solved my problem.

ANS:4 Use table v_554y_b and reaction Type A to overwrite attendance with new coming absences (and viceversa)in the first screen it is shown the incoming infotype and time constraint type. Doubleclicking you set the reaction against existing ones

100. Does anyone know what is the meaning of this operation: HRS?IDAHRS

ANS:1 Operation HRS?IDAHRS returns the number of working hours of the employee (contents of field ARBST from infotype 0007, planned working time).

ANS:2 Furthet to Rodrigo,the code compares the value in the Hrs field with that of the planned working time.It does not return the value. It depends upon the work schedule.
So using this operation as you have written it, the operation will actually return < (less than), > (greater than) or = (equal to), depending on whether the variable HRS has a less than, greater than or equal value compared to the daily working hours value from infotype 0007.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:17 AM

101. Here we are using positive time management, where all actual time in and time out has been recorded in the time machines installed at factory gates. We want the daily time data has to uploaded to SAP System to run the time evaluation. Does SAP have any standard report/tool for the data upload, from time machine to SAP Or need to write ABAP programming to upload the data? Can you please send me the steps to be taken for the integration and any standard format is available for the uploading. Do you have any kind document on this?ffice:office" />

ANS:1 You can use program RPTEUP10 to upload time data daily. But this program is not certified or either supported by SAP. This is an example program which will serve your purpose without doing any programming. Also do goto HR-PDC notes,

102. I trying to understand how to upload time events by using the transaction PT80 (Subsystem connection - time events - upload request), can some one tell me how it works? I don't understand if I have to set up or configure a connection between the clocks and sap system, and then run another process.

ANS:1 Please see...
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/8a/9868bc46c411d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm
It has ...
1. Example: Message Processing
2. Message View and Employee View for Message Processing
3. Message Functional Areas
4. Processing Methods
5. Individual Functions in Message Processing
and also 6. Authorizations in the Time Manager’s Workplace

ANS:2 In the project i have done recently, they have a link b/w sap system and the time recording machine. The time events wil be stored in a file and the same wil be stored in teh sap appln server. We need to post them explicitly in the Teven table which is nothing but hte infotype 2011.
Initially they wil be stored in the temporary buffer CC1TEV table. A batch job will be scheduled to post the tempory buffer entreis into the TEVEN table. the program name for the batch job is 'SAPCDT45'.
I guess you have to establish the connection b/w sap system and the time recording machine using PT80.

ANS;3 try pt45 and pt46 and pt44

103. Every day a flat text file gets generated from time machine, text file contains the employee id date and time, this file we have uploaded to SAP through Tcode PT80.
While processing the time event data system has to understand the employees time is In punching Or Out punching, for these we have done customizing in the table PDC Processing Statuses(V_T705B) for the key A01. Now we getting an error in time management pool "Time event Type is not assigned to time event type group 01" Any solution for this?
That means, you haven't assigned A01 to your PSgrouping 01. Check it one more time.

104. kindly tell me what is the primary wage type for creating or copying Time Wage type for ffice:smarttags" />India? For Calculation of Loss of Pay. For Example: Basic Pay we take MB10 into consideration Like that for Loss of Pay what has to be taken?

ANS:1 Are you hinting at leave with out pay (LWP)f scenario?
In this scenario they loss of pay happens to the employees due to the factoring of the wage types applicable to that particular employee.
Factoring depends on the yr Time management configurations of Absences & quotas,counting class etc...
The factoring for wage types depends on RULE INP1 for india payroll

If u assign Value 1 to processing class 10 of Wage type (tavle V_512w_d) then that wage type will get reduced according to the rule INP1 (SAP standard rule).
if u dont want to factor it due to LWP then assign 0 in processing class 10.
you can aslo write rule INp1 for special business requirement from the customer.
You are not configuring a wage type with amount to be deducted for LWP.It should be done through factoring & time management config.

Actually my Client wants If an employee takes an Leave that is a Loss of Pay automatically his Conveyance & Medical Allowances should be reduced.
For Example: An employee Gets Conveyance for 30 days is Rs.800/- & Medical is Rs.1250/- p.m. Now when he takes Leave for 2 days then automatically These 2 allowances should get reduced, then Conveyance will be Rs.747/- & Medical will be Rs.1167/- for 28 days. Now tell me How should I do this above sceniorio?
yr client requirement is the same what i mentioned above? is yr client's payroll is inegrated with time management?? Even if yr client dont wanna go for Time Management,though the Scope of the project is Just Payroll itself, u need to have PA (Master data config (India specific infotypes 0580 series) ) and basic Time management configs in place.
For your requirement you should configure absence types, quotas,counting rules,public holiday calender,basic work shedule (eg NORM) etc for this factoring. assign value 1 in Processing class of wage type that should get reduced in the view V_512w_d (transaction sm31). You have to really go through SAP Help & some materials ab't time mangmnt and learn well & go ahead.

I had done exactly what you had told but its not getting reduced to CA & MA. I had configured Time Managment also. Can u tell me which step did I missed?

Qn1. Is yr other wage types other than CA and MA getting reduced (factored)???
if yes then Check these wage types under V_512w_d for processing class 10.
give value 1 there .
If yr payroll is with out integration of time mangement & time evaluation then u have to comment in schema XT00 the TC00 ( for commenting you have to put an asteric symbol * ) PE01 transaction takes you there.
Answer clearly then only i will be able to make assesment of situation.
Thats why people who replies ask questions,so answer to the point,it will help both the parties.

I had mentioned for my both wage types 1 in the Processing class 10 under table number V_512W_D.
I wants to know in IT0008 the moment I enter my Wage type Conveyance Allowance & Medical Allowance the system automatically has to give me the balance amount for this what I needs to do?

105. Where do we maintain Time constraint assignment to subtypes of an infotype. I am looking to subtypes of IT 0210 ( Tax With holding ) " where do we create the subtypes and their characteristics for this infotype in IMG? I tried in view V_T591A but there is no entry for this 0210 infotype but I can find the time constraint assignment for the rest of the infotypes in this view.

ANS:1 SPRO-->Personnel Management--> Payroll-->Payroll:USA-->Payroll Results Adjustment-->Define Time Constraints for adjustments, select infotype 0210 & maintain

ANS:2 I checked this table earlier but here we can maintain the properties of the complete infotype. Here we can mention the table to use for individual subtype time constraint assignment, but for this particular INFOTYPE 0210 we can not mention the subtype table.

ANS:3 You can maintain the subtype table for 0210 in T777D via SM30/31.

106. As negative Time evaluation does the time evaluation based on the deviations to the work schedule, how is the time interpreted which are captured in 2001 and 2002 using TM01.
I just want to understand teh difference between TM01 and TM04 with respect to getting the time data from infotypes(in day processing). Both of them read 2001, 2002 infotypes in common, i am not clear how is this interpretation different different in two schemas TM01 and TM04.
Before going to know about TM01schema.It is better to know about Absence valuation. Absence valuation is a component in Time management which is used to evaluate absences like paid,unpaid,illness..so.on.There are different types of absence valuation methods which can be used depending on the requirement.
They are:
As is Principle:(Absence valuation as if emp had worked)
Formation of counting classes for factoring and cost acounting:(by considering different quotas for diferent emp grps and doing deductions)
Individual Caluculation:(Deiations to atual schedules)
Valuation ofabsenes using averages and constants: (Ex: Overttime caluculation)
To do all above processes sys depends on different Schemas ..
Depending on the business req shemas canbehange.

TM01:TimeEvaluation schema which is used for exceptions to work schedule.(For ex:A set of emps who has to work for a hr extra for first two days a weekie its the deviation to actual schedule)
TM04:Time evaluation for data recorded in hrs(This is a case for production workers for whom the payment is done depending on no of working hrs)
Old 12-14-2008, 11:18 AM

107. 1. For Leave carry forward which infotype do we use? Could you suggest me the navigation path to carry forward for next year? And what is the report we use to generate “leave carry forward”?
2. Where can we assign different absence types for particular employee group
3. What method do we use to upload the data to IT0008?
4. How do we configure second Saturday? Navigation path and what components should be considered while doing that?
5. Could you give suggestion for this Mr. X is an employee coming late to the office daily by 30 minutes for the whole week, and the time amount has to be deducted from his pay? How can we do that?
6. What do we set in IT0007 for TMSTA if do not use time evaluation? And what do we set if we use time evaluation?
7. In “permit time quota with out using time evaluation”, we have optionals like no, generation, increase and replace when do we use each of them?

ANS: 2. Where can we assign different absence types for particular employee group
Ans :(a) IMG node : Time Management->Time Data Recording and Administration->Absences->Group Personnel Subareas for Attendances and Absences.
(b) IMG node : Time Management->Time Data Recording and Administration->Absences->Absence Catalog ->Absence Counting ->Rule for Absence->Group Employee Subgroups for Time Quotas

4. How do we configure second Saturday? Navigation path and what components should be considered while doing that?
Ans: This has to be configured in your work schedule, mark each second saturday as absence in the holiday calendar, create the work schedule and generate.

5. Could you give suggestion for this Mr. X is an employee coming late to the office daily by 30 minutes for the whole week, and the time amount has to be deducted from his pay? How can we do that?
Answer : From Time perspective, make Time Management status in nifty 0007 as 1 or 9, refer F1 help on the field in infotype 0007.

6. What do we set in IT0007 for TMSTA if do not use time evaluation? And what do we set if we use time evaluation?
Answer: Mark Time Management status as '7' - Time Evaluation without payroll integration.

7. In “permit time quota with out using time evaluation”, we have optionals like no, generation, increase and replace when do we use each of them?
Ans : No generation : No quota accrual has to happen-> User will fill in the Quota amount.
Increase : Quota accrued is increased in the generating proportion.
Replace: Quota accrued is replaced by the new value of accrual.

ANS: for second saturday u can define holiday from a fixed date like
after 8th of every month u can fallow second saturday.
so u can make as after 8th coming saturday as holiday
hope this 'll help u

108. anyone now how to use some of the following bapis?
BAPI_PTMGREXTREMSPEC_INSERT
BAPI_PTMGREXTREMSPEC_INSWACT
BAPI_PTMGREXTREMSPEC_INSWCOST
i need to know how to USE this bapis, i dont know how to insert data using this BAPI, wich parameters are needed.

ANS:1 Call transaction BAPI. There select [Hierarchical][Personnel Time Management][PTManagerExtAttAbs]. The three insert methods are the BAPIS that you want to call. In the tree there are also the documentation for the parameters
my problem is that i dont know which parameters are needed in order to create an absence or attendance.

ANS:2 following is from the documentation:
Import parameters
AttendanceAbsence
- Attendance/absence
Description - For more information on the individual parameter fields, see the data element documentation in the ABAP Dictionary.
The following data is required:
Logical system of the original document (Field EXTSYSTEM)
External application (Field EXTAPPLICATION)
Document number (Field EXTDOCUMENTNO)
Personnel number (Field EMPLOYEENUMBER)
From date (Field FROM_DATE)
To date (Field TO_DATE)
Attendance or absence type (Field ABS_ATT_TYPE)
Start time (Field START_TIME) and End time (Field END_TIME) or
Attendance/absence hours (Field ABS_ATT_HOURS)
What is your problem?

I need to know the technical process that is recommended between the moment a positive employee clocks in and clocks out to the final moment where time management has fed payroll. Would you know that or have that by any chance.

ANS:3 Only one parameter is enough. see below....
CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_PTMGREXTREMSPEC_INSERT'
TABLES
remuneration_specification = remuneration_specification
return = return.

109. Is there any way that i can enter time in cat2 No of hours worked in that period.
Ex: i want to enter No of hours worked (REG) = 80 instead of entering each day 8 hours --> i.e. monday 8h, Tue 8h, wed - 8 ....... i just want to enter the total amount hours worked for whole period insted of
day by day.

ANS:1 Check for the Data Entry Profile properties under the section "Time Settings"- whether it is a weekly entry or daily entry. Access the Data entry profile using the SPRO path
SPRO->IMG -> Personnel Management -> Employee Self Service -> Service Specific Settings ->Working Time -> Record Working Time -> Setup Data Entry Profiles.
Or use transaction code CAC1.

ANS:2 Check DATA entry profile , May be it can be done by profile or else try if you can directly enter the no of hrs with out filling days information.

ANS:3 By default Standard SAP allows you to enter attendance type and hours day wise . You cannot enter total hours for the whole week in the CATS.
One option is possible if you use 2010 instead of 2002 or 2001. You can create a wage type called Regular Hours and ask the employees to enter the total hours for this wage type in time sheet. Hope this help.

If i create a wage type reg hours and can i use that in CAT2 to enter the total hours or i have to use IT2010 for entering time. What about Over time again

ANS:4 Your requirement is kind of abnormal. Normally when you use time sheet its expected that you enter time everyday. If you really want to allow employee to enter total number of hours in the week say 40 hours in the week as regular hours, 8 hours overtime etc then you need to use Infotype 2010 and you can ask the employees to enter these hours in time sheet using two different wagetypes , one for regular hours and other for overtime. Then using CAT6 you can move the hours to IT2010. Hope this clarifies your query.

now i assigned hours using wage type from IT2010 and in payroll it is also taking it but it is also taking from workschedules as well how can i stop that and one more thing i am conserned about is in our client accruals are calculated according to the hours EE worked. i.e. for ever hour EE worked they will get 0.01 hours of sick. can we configure that if we assign hours through IT2010.

ANS:5 U want to compensate O.T by paying / Time in Lieu..
If u want to pay then u can use 2010 IT. If u want to give Comp Off, U have to transfer the O.T hours into a daily Time Type and link it to the sick leave quota..

110. am working with ESS standard applications, can you any one please help me how to configure these two feature "LLREP" and "WEBMO" .Its very high priority work.

ANS: Go to PE03 type LLREP ( Variants for Reports) go to function code TIME expand ZTERF(Employee Time Management Status) here you can assign your variant according to Time Status.
Go to PE03 type WEBMO(Rule Group for Customizing Tables in web Env)select APPID (Application ID) expand click on ESS_ LR(LEave Request Application) then according to ESG you can specify your Rule Group for Work Flows.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:19 AM

111. Employees enter their time in SAP Portal. Once these times are approved, these need to be moved in to PeopleSoft. Presently there are complex interfaces for the process. Management has decided to redesign the interfaces.

ANS: The powerful integration broker, we are having in SAP Netweaver is SAP xi, that is exchange infrastructure, which will communicate with any platform.

112. We have implemented time management and we have for for salaried exempt
• enter vacation / sick hours via Portal
• time off auto approved
• reports can be generated via SAP
Likewise we have the same for salaried nonexempt and hourly ees (slightly different though)
in all above cases the ee is assigned a time administrator (TA) code on infotype 1.
So the issues are:
1. there is no logic to the TA codes other than "Hxx"”= hourly person and “Sxx” = salary ee??
2. The TA codes have the Administrator Name as position text of the people manager … this causes multiple text with same name (example attached)
3. A spread sheet is maintained representing the TA code for each people manager
4. Security role is created , apporoved and assigned to each manager… a manager may have multiple roles
5. Each time there is an org change , config must be completed to create new TA codes
In the IMG for Administrator, there are 3 additional fields we could use …but these fields don’t show in the drop down on IT1 . But at least it might be beneficial to store data her rather than in a work sheet.
--------------------------------------NO ANS--------------------------------------

113. 1) how to Configure tables like T555A, T555y, T510S, Etc
2)Configuration of overtime, using Schema’s like TW15, PCR’ ( To01, To02)
3)how to maintain Maintained infotypes like 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2011, Etc
ANS:1
1. These tables are maintained for time wage type generation. In table T555A, you define a time type which you will be using. In table T555Y, you define the processing type-time type pair for a attendance or an absence accordingly to the processing type-time type class. In table T510S, you define the time wage type selection rule for various conditions of the day, time etc.
2. TW15 is used to calculate overtime for more than 8hrs a day. TW30 is used to calculate overtime for more than 40hrs per week. You can customize the rules TO01, TO02 etc for your requirement.

3. 2001 is used to maintain absences, 2002 is used to maintain attendances, 2006 is used to maintain absence quotas, 2011 is used to maintain time events for which you need to maintain 0050.

ANS:2 As you are going for Positive Time evaluation.(2011 infotype in your question). T555Z is also an important table to be checked
Go through the training material HR311 to have a better understanding about +ve time evaluation.

114. Just wondering is it possible to check the time constraint of standard infotypes such that the behaviour of infotype records will react accordingly to the time constraint?
I am aware that we can change the time constraint in PM01 but i have tested it, it does not seem to delimit past infotype records. I have changed the time constraint of Infotype 0081 to 2, but it does not delimit past records. Is it dependent on the infotype itself as well? Is there any existing function module or user exit that I can use to enhance the module pool of infotype to delimit records?

ANS: 1 Check the table v_t582A.
I have changed the field ZEITB for time constraint to 2, but it still doesn't do auto delimitation of a past record when i create a record that has validity dates that overlaps with a past record.
Any subtypes created for this infotype?
I have removed the Subtype table entry, Subty. text tab, Subtype field and Time constraint tab entry in that view that you mentioned previously. Still, it doesn't work. Even if there are Subtype entries, if the Time Constraint is set to 2, shouldn't the delimitation be based on all records instead of Subtypes?

ANS: It has to work with subtype as well since it is not dependent on the subtype
have you created any record with different validity date and try instead of changing 1 field.

Yes, I did. I have changed the validity date. For eg. for 1 record, i have Begin Date as 24th Oct 2007, End Date as 31st Dec 9999. Then I create another record with Begin Date as 26th Oct 2007, End Date as 31st Dec 9999. By right, it shld delimit the first record to end on 25th oct 2007 when the 2nd record is created, based on time constraint 2. But no, it didn't.

ANS: R u doing this for a field or infotypes ?
The time constraint is used only for infotypes .
In configuration ---> In Maintain Infotypes--->Time constarint (subnode) --->Choose the infotype and give the correct time constraint (1/2/3 ) .

I am doing this for infotypes and yes, i have changed the time constraint to 2, but it doesn't do any delimitation for records with validity dates that overlap.

ANS: Try this out.
1) Take infotype 0081 IT , going to PM01----> in change mode .
2) Give time constraint 1 , check Subtype obligatory and Text allowed (It will not affect , no need to remove that check )
3)
1: An infotype record must be available at all times. This record may have no time gaps. You may not delete the record last stored on the database because all records of this infotype would otherwise be deleted.
2: Only one record may be available at one time, but time gaps are permitted.
3: Any number of records may be valid at one time, and time gaps are permitted.
4) Try with two,three infotypes 0022 etc

I have changed it to time constraint 1, subtype obligatory and text allowed. I created 1 record with Dates: 24.10.2007 - 31.12.9999. Another record with Dates: 24.11.2007 - 31.12.9999. It did not delimit the first record. However, when I tried to delete either of the record, it says 'Record cannot be delimited (time constraint 1)', although there are currently 2 records.
Somehow, the other record seems to be invisible to the other. FYI, this behaviour is not what I require. I need the records to do auto delimitation of previous records if it overlaps with previous records.

ANS: Can u tell me which IT r u trying ,,,, try for 0022 IT too ,
check whether the behaviour is the same .
When u give 2 as time constraint , your problem should be solved .
Eg: 24.10.2007 - 31.12.9999 - 1st record
24.11.2007 - 31.12.9999 - 2nd record
While saving the second record ,
IF Time constraint is 1 : it will delimit with a date as 23.11.2007 for 1st record
IF Time constraint is 2 : it will delimit with a date as 23.11.2007 for 1st record (does the same thing)
Time gaps are the difference (You can have the record delimited to 20.11.2007 for Tiime constrint 2 but for 1 it should not allow the same)
If this is not happening the messages are the problem .
Use user exit for the same to correct the problem .
What is the message ur getting when you try to save the second record .

It works for Infotype 0022- past record will get delimited. But I need it to work for Infotype 0081- Military Service. Currently IT0081 record doesn't get delimited. Could it be becoz it is a time management infotype?
Btw, for Infotype 0081, when i changed it to Time Constraint 2, no messages are prompted at all. Another record would just be created without the past record being delimited- behaviour is as if its time constraint 3.

115. Would some colleagues have experience concerning time keeping clock suppliers having developed adequate interface between their clocks and Sap and delivering complete packages (hardware and software)

ANS: There are SEVERAL.....look at Time Management 3rd party partners.....they are across the board...you have many options and most all provide out-of-the-box solutions. Check SAP's site for a list of the certified vendors.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:21 AM

116. I have a scenario where the employee can work any 8 hours in a day of 12 hours. where the day starts at 9 am. so for this how can we fix a lunch break, tea break, since there is no fixed log in or log out time. how can we configure for this.ffice:office" />

ANS:1 'Dynamic Breaks' can help you in resolving it.

ANS:2 you can configure this in the IMG :
follow the path : Time Management->Work Schedules ->Daily work schedules -> Determine Break schedule.
I have done as follows
defined a break with no from or to times , and specifying the quantity of time as 30 mins,
but let me know whether this is right or not. how dynamic breaks are help ful in this regard.

ANS:3 Dynamic break means there is no fixed timings for the break taken by the employee. He can take 30 min (in your case) in the entire day. You can also specify this break as paid or un-paid too.

ANS:4 Suppose if you want to give unpaid Tea break after 2 hours of
login for 15 min, don't specify anything in Start & End and mention 0.25
under unpaid and 2.00 under After column.
And for 30 min.Paid Lunch break after 4 hrs, mention 4 under "After" and
0.50 under paid. Make sure to give the same grouping as well as name to all Breaks
with different serial number.

117. My Client has requirement to change from time evaluation with clock times to time evaluation with out clock times in positive time recording.

ANS:1 I would suggest you to read the SPRO doc for Time eval w/o clock times.
It is more benefical if you go through that...
In case if you need more help, let me know. Also tell me what you’re exactly looking in time eval w/o clock times?

ANS:2 Im also working with positive time recording. Please start your work with the concepts what you know. While working if you are getting any doubts, please let me know. So that i will give you the solutions and ideas regarding your threads. Or if you want to know from the first part of the configuration, pls let me know.

ANS:3 Please do the following things and let me know where you are facing problem. then we will go further as it is a long process. pls do agree with me.
Check OR create the table T555Z.
Check or create the table t555e
check or create the table t555a
Check or create the table t 510s
check or create the table t554s
And if you clear with all these things pls let me know. we will go ahead

118. 1. Could any guide me on Time types, Time balances and Time wage types?
2. Bay balance, period balance in "base entitlement for absence quota generation"?

ANS:1 Time types represent a semantic
grouping of duration periods.
Standard settings
The standard SAP system contains common time types as standard entries for a personnel subarea grouping.
These standard entries are generally sufficient for day to day processing within payroll.
----------------
In the standard SAP system, the time type determination group for the employee subgroup grouping for
personnel calculation rules 1, 2 and 3 has the value 02.
The time wage type selection rule group is assigned the value of the employee subgroup grouping for the
personnel calculation rule to read the Time Wage Type Selection Rule table.

ANS:2 Please maintain the following tables for all those:
V_T555A: Used to maintain or add a new time type.
V_T510S: Used to create a selection rule for the time wage type selection.
V_T559L: Used to create a selection rule for quota accrual.

119.. y do v do time evaluation?diff between time evaluation n time recording?
if possible send me configuration material for Time evaluation.

ANS: Time evaluation can be done in 2 ways:
1. positive time recording 2. negative time recording.
1. POSITIVE:
automatic recording:
record separately in a diff. system, upload to R/3
manual recording:
Attendances infotype - 2002

2.NEGATIVE:
record only deviations from the work schedule.

120. 1. Is it possible (if yes, how) to still include a employee in time evaluation even if this employee is inactive (status P0000-STAT2 = 0). We need this in order to calculate weeks of not working (this has to be calculated). I know that for payroll this is possible wih a setting in infotype 0003.
2. Is it possible (and how) to read data back from payroll into time. For example in payroll you export something to ZL table, can you then pick this up in time evaluation schema, as there is also ZL table. Or is there another way to do this?

ANS : Why you want to evaluate the time for inactive person.
If you want you can do.
Process :
First of all you have to group your employees. and sub groups.( for inactive emp)
Assign the employee sub group grouping for PCR in Basic Pay ( IMG ).
Then come to Time Evaluation Schema. Put the Day grouping nn nn nn nn in the Parameters. and run the time evaluation. You will get the output in DZL table.
For the above process you need to configure the T510S table.

Yes you can read the payroll into time.
the same concept will run in both of the modules.
the output should appear in the ZL table only.
Here the concept is.....Some companies, they will not use the payroll wage types. only they will use the time wage types.. these wage types has to be configure in the T510S. and we have to do the wage type copying from the part of time management only if they are not using the payroll. So either in Payroll or in Time management the evaluation of time willbe the same.

First answer: I do not need different employee groups, but need (status P0000-STAT2 = 0) employees to be evaluated. But this problem is solved as I can use operation HRS=Y.....
Second answer: I don't get your answer: the customer uses payroll and the result of a wage type in payroll has then to be read back into time.....

ANS: So i think you have already configured the Wage types in Payroll. And you have transferred to Time. So, now you want to c whether the time is capturing the Payroll wage types or not.
I gave the solution to your answer in the previous reply itself. The Process is, ZL table only stores the time wage types irrespective of whether you configured in the payroll or Time Management.

121. what are this TIME TYPES..?

ANS:1 Time Types are your
Clock in
Clock Out
Break In
Break Out
Offsite In
Offsite out
What ever you are going to use in your PDC.

ANS:2 Time Types are buckets to store time balances. The table is T555A.

ANS:3 Time types Play Important Part in Time Evaluation:
1)They help in creating the TIME ACCOUNTS for the employee
-Once the Time evaluation is run we get time wage types which are set to payroll for calculation of remuneration for the employee. and also we get Time types which are used to show time accounts (with the help of Time balances)for the employee.

Time types store time balances.....
Let me give you an example: say time type-0002(Periodic balance)
If a particular employee worked 10 hours In a day that 10 hours is stored in ZES(Daily Balance) AND Total cumulation for the whole month say 200 hours in SALDO(Monthly Balance).........The whole balances are Put in a Time Type.
V_T555A-used to view time types for a particular period.
these time types are stored in cluster B2

Tags
sap hr

Latest News in Career Forum & Tips