Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

TOP 10 Mistakes That Damage Your Hair to Avoid

Views: 2109  
Old 02-28-2018, 04:54 PM

Default TOP 10 Mistakes That Damage Your Hair to Avoid

Avoid These 5 Everyday Mistakes That Damage Your Hair

From straightening, curling, brushing and hairspray, your hair goes through a lot every day. The chemicals in the shampoos and conditioner and the pollution can also take its toll. Some of the signs of hair damage include split ends, hair loss, dull-looking hair and too many tangles. It is a challenge to keep your hair healthy but you can reverse the damage by avoiding some common hair mistakes. Here are some of the everyday mistakes you must avoid to protect your hair from damage. (ALSO READ Top 15 frequently asked questions about hair, answered!).

You skip conditioner

If you are skipping conditioner because sometimes you do not have the time or because you do not feel the need, then you are committing a blunder. Conditioner will make your hair more manageable by helping in detangling it. Your hair will not break due to knots. If you think that the conditioner is making your hair greasy, use it before shampoo. Apply the conditioner, wait for a couple of minutes and then wash it using a shampoo. You can also apply conditioner only on the tip of your hair.

You wash your hair too often

Washing hair too often
Washing your hair every day or very frequently will strip the hair of its natural oils. Generally, you should wash your hair as often as you need and it means every two to three days. However, if you sweat a lot or live in a humid region or your workout often, you need to wash your hair more frequently. Try to rinse your hair with just water or use a mild shampoo. You can also use dry shampoo. (ALSO READ 3 Homemade Honey Hair Masks for Soft and Manageable Hair).

You are using the wrong shampoo

You need to use a shampoo that is suitable for your hair and not the one which is popular. It may take some experimentation but it will be worth it. If you think that your shampoo is making your hair more tangled, dry and frizzy, then it is time to switch to a milder shampoo.

You use hot water to wash your hair

Hot water can damage your hair as it strips off the natural oils and makes it frizzy. Use cool water to rinse off the shampoo. This will make your hair shinier and smoother. Rinsing with cool water is not only good for your hair but also for your skin.

You brush your wet hair

Brushing wet hair
You should avoid brushing your hair when wet as your hair is weak at that time. There is a risk of breakage while removing tangles when it is wet. You can use a wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair after applying the conditioner. Also, make sure you are working your way up from the bottom while detangling. You can brush your hair before you wash your hair. (ALSO READ This Homemade 5-in-1 Oil Hair Mask Will Make Your Scalp and Hair Healthy).

Not using heat protectant spray or serum

Using a flat iron or blow drying your hair without using a heat-protectant spray or serum can make your hair brittle and damage the cuticles. Heating tools can cause damage even when used at a lower temperature. Using a heat-protectant serum or spray can protect your hair.

By avoiding these mistakes, you will strengthen your hair reverse the hair damage.

Tags
Can conditioner cause hair loss, Can dehydration cause hair loss, Can hair breakage grow back, Can too much hair product damage hair, Can vitamin D regrow hair, Can vitamin D restore hair loss, Can you permanently damage your hair, Does hair breakage grow back, Does lack of vitamin D make you tired, Does vitamin b12 cause hair loss, How can I hydrate my hair, How can I improve my hair texture, How can I make my hair soft and silky, How can I stop damaging my hair, How can I strengthen my hair, How do I know if my hair needs protein or moisture, How long does it take for vitamin D to work, How often should I comb my hair, How often should I wash my hair, Is long hair unhealthy, Is there any hair dye that doesn't damage your hair, Should you cut your hair if you have breakage, top 10, What are the worst shampoos, What can stimulate hair growth, What causes unhealthy hair, What damages your hair most, What deficiencies cause hairloss, What ingredient in conditioner causes hair loss, What is the healthiest shampoo, What product is best for hair breakage, What vitamin mineral deficiency causes hair loss, What vitamins are good for your hair, What's the difference between vitamin D and d3, Which OGX shampoo is the best, Which vitamin D is best, Why do hair stylists hate boxed color, Why do I have so much dead hair, Why does my hair fall out more when I use conditioner, Why does my hair get damaged so easily, Why is my hair breaking and thinning, Why is my hair dead and lifeless, Why is my hair so dull and lifeless, Why is my hair unhealthy, Why is Ogx bad

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum