Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > General Discussion

Live Updates: Streaming Full Details Kamal Haasan Party (Flag Color, Name, Members)

Views: 2398  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:13 AM

Default Live Updates: Streaming Full Details Kamal Haasan Party (Flag Color, Name, Members)

MAKKAL NEEDHI MAIAM! That’s the official name of Kamal Haasan’s political party

The actor shared the logo and name of the film on his Twitter account

Veteran actor Kamal Haasan’s political name has finally been announced and its MAKKAL NEEDHI MAIAM. The actor shared the logo and name of the film on his Twitter account and captioned it, “The newly founded MAKKAL NEEDHI MAIAM is your party. It’s here to stay, and to make the change we all aspire for. Guide us to serve you. ” (Also Read: 5 statements by Kamal Haasan that define his commitment towards the people of Tamil Nadu)

MAKKAL NEEDHI MAIAM means People’s Justice Centre.

He also unfurled his party’s flag, which has six hands – three in red and three in white – joined together around a star on a white background. With this, Kamal becomes one more actor from Tamil movie world to float a political party. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, and former Delhi Minister Somnath Bharati were also present in the public meeting in which Kamal declared the party’s name and flag..

Live Updates

• 10:33 AM IST
    Prashant Bhushan wishes Kamal Haasan on Twitter: “All the best to Kamal Haasan, who has finally taken the plunge into Tamil Nadu politics. No doubt he is doing it with the intention of improving public life in the state, which desperately needs something far better than what DMK, ADMK, Congress and BJP have to offer. He will need expert advice on policy.”
  • 10:18 AM IST
    Several posters have come up in Rameswaram and Madurai showing Kamal Haasan alongside Tamil icons including APJ Abdul Kalam, Periyar and BR Ambedkar.
  • 10:10 AM IST
    Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal leaves from his residence to visit Tamil Nadu to attend Kamal Haasan’s party launch. Kejriwal has supported Kamal Haasan’s decision to enter politics.
  • 10:03 AM IST
    Kamal Haasan told fishermen that he would announce his party in the evening, and he wanted the fishermen to join hands with him. He promised he would visit again and talk to them. He said he would take questions and will find answers. He said he would take the questions personally.
  • 9:43 AM IST
    He said that different governments make different promises to fishermen. But when people ask why promises are not being fulfilled, they make excuses.
  • 9:37 AM IST
    Kamal Haasan addressed fishermen in Rameswaram. He said he understands issues afflicting the fishing community and he will address them.
  • 9:18 AM IST
    It is expected that Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will visit Kamal Haasan’s rally in Madurai.
  • 9:16 AM IST
    Kamal Haasan Tweets: “Greatness can come from simple beginnings. Actually it will come only from simplicity. Glad to start my journey from a great man’s simple abode. “
  • 9:12 AM IST
    Kamal Haasan will meet fishermen shortly and listen to their concerns. According to reports, the fisherfolks are waiting for him at Ganesh Mahal in Rameswaram in considerable number. Kamal Haasan will launch his political party on Wednesday at a rally in Madurai. He will also take out a roadshow before the rally.
  • 9:07 AM IST
    Before embarking on the road show, Kamal Haasan visited the house of late President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam. He also met Kalam’s brother and sister-in-law in Rameswaram. He said after the visit: “Greatness can come from the simplest of houses and this is one of them. I am touched.”

Chennai, Feb 21: Actor-turned-politician Kamal Haasan will launch his new political party on Wednesday in Madurai. All eyes are on his launch function in which he will likely reveal the names of personalities supporting him in his political venture. Kamal Haasan had reached Rameswaram early Wednesday morning where he was given a warm welcome by his supporters. Haasan met late former President Abdul Kalam’s elder brother at his residence. Kamal Haasan‘s visit to Kalam’s school was cancelled. (Also read: Kamal Haasan to Launch His Political Party Today, Twitterati Pour In Wishes)

It was reported that Kamal Haasan would take out a roadshow from the house of APJ Abdul Kalam toll Madurai where he would address a rally. In the rally, Haasan will announce the name of his political party. He would also unravel his party’s official flag. Several chief ministers including Arvind Kejriwal, Pinarayi Vijayan and Nitish Kumar were invited to attend the launch function.

“Tomorrow I will launch my political party but before that in the morning I will visit Rameswaram. In the evening will unfurl party flag and declare the ideas and ideology of my political journey,” Haasan said on Twitter.

He welcomed people to attend the rally in Madurai to usher in a new era in politics. He said he would explain about his party’s policies.

“I am going to explain (about my) new party and the gist of our policies.. Please come, to create a new era,” he wrote on Twitter.

“Our long journey is starting tomorrow. I am going to hoist our party flag at 6 PM at Othakadai grounds in Madurai,” he further said in the same tweet.

Latest News in General Discussion