Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Jyoti raises voice against domestic violence..

Views: 2065  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-19-2009, 03:50 PM

Default Jyoti raises voice against domestic violence..

Sneha Wagh
who portrays the title role in NDTV Imagine's Jyoti, produced by Sphere Origin is on Cloud Nine, as for the first time, she feels proud of the fact that she is playing the role of a woman who can stand up against all odds, and protest against a cruel act such as domestic violence!!

Says Sneha, "It's been nearly nine months since I have started shooting for Jyoti. But this particular track wherein she fights for her sister Sushma, who is a target of domestic violence, is the best that I have shot so far. I have personally seen women being beaten up by their husbands; I have also seen women covering up for their husbands in order to maintain peace and harmony. This happens in every alternate house, and spreading such a social awareness thro' a role is something which I feel happy about".

Imagine has tied up with Bell Bajao Campaign (Ring the Bell!)Breakthrough's newest campaign, asking men and boys to bring domestic violence to a halt. The campaign has reached 124 million people and is still going strong! "Even when we were shooting for this sequence, where I fight for Sushma to get her off the clutches of Brij, all the on lookers who were women, were very alert and aware of the sequence that was being shot, and accepted to the fact that they should also raise their voice against such a cruel act", states Sneha.

The coming episodes will see Jyoti putting an end to Brij's menace, when she sees him beating Sushma in front of the colony members.

Tune in to Jyoti on NDTV Imagine on Tuesday, October 20th at 8.30 PM to see Jyoti fight against domestic violence…

Tags
jyoti, ndtv imagine, soap

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->