Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips

Career Change Cover Letter Sample

Views: 1789  
Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Award Winner

Default Career Change Cover Letter Sample

When changing careers, it's especially important to outline your value proposition to a potential employer. View our career change cover letter sample below,

Betty Hernandez
1400 Main St.
Sometown, PA 11111
Phone: (215) 555-5555
betty@somedomain.com

July 15, 2010

Lance Jones
VP Business Development
McClain Companies
15 Walnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 12345

Dear Lance:

I am writing to you as a fellow graduate of Hofstra University (class of 2001) and would sincerely appreciate any insight you could provide me into McClain Companies. I have been working in sales for almost five years, and I am now looking to transition into corporate human resources at a company such as yours.

Although successful in my sales career, I have realized the aspects of my work I find most rewarding are all in HR-related functions. The following offers a few highlights of my qualifications:
  • Solid foundation in HR affairs: As senior account executive, I have been responsible for a number of HR functions, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training new employees. A quick learner of complex concepts and legal issues, I am eager to broaden these competencies.
  • Dynamic communication style: I am adept in building relationships, consensus and a shared sense of purpose. I am known for my ability to quickly establish trust with employees, mediate disputes and motivate others into action.
  • Experience in corporate training: A constant throughout my sales career has been my passion for the design and delivery of staff development programs. Comfortable and experienced giving both large and small-group presentations, I have conducted hundreds of training seminars for diverse audiences across all organizational levels.
If you know of anyone within McClain Companies who might be looking for someone with my qualifications, I would be very grateful for your referral. Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Kind regards,

Betty Hernandez

Enclosure

Latest News in Career Forum & Tips