Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Signed a Show with fee of Rs 1 Crore Dolly Bindra: Back With A Bang

Views: 2624  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 02-09-2011, 04:23 PM

Default Signed a Show with fee of Rs 1 Crore Dolly Bindra: Back With A Bang

Were you missing the foul and loud mouthed Dolly Bindra whose stint in Bigg Boss got her name, fame and money? Well, she is back on telly to scare and entertain you - as she succinctly puts it. Dolly will be seen as the villainous Kabootri Mai in Imagine’s show Armanon Ka Balidaan. Here’s chatting with the brusque and indefatigable Dolly who avoids questions of her one crore fee for this role.

What attracted you to this negative role?
I am an actress and I am here due to the love of my audiences. I loved the role when I heard it. It stood out. Especially the name Kabootri Mai was very intriguing. I have a very strong character which is an intrinsic part of the story.

The character will add spice and masala to the show. And I don’t look at the role as a negative one because there are numerous characters in every story and you perform the one that suits and interests you the most. Kabootari Mai has very unique character and her traits, mannerisms and dialogues will surely create a huge impact on viewers. This is just the beginning, I have lots of ‘acting’ in store. [laughs].

The look you have in the show is striking. Your views?
For a role like Kabootri Mai, we stuck to a rural dress sense and I will be seen in ghagra and full sleeve blouses. We gave her bright colours and silver jewellery. Her black tikka is quite prominent too. With long loose hair, the whole combination adds a lot of drama to the role. I wanted the role and her look to stand out which the response to the promos tell me they have.

What kind of preparation was needed for this role?
The role is written in detail by writer Kamlesh Pandeyji who has given me some risqué dialogues too. I hope the audiences enjoy them. I have worked with the team and created a certain attitude for the character which you will see soon. She is brash and blunt but I won’t call her villain just a greedy and grey character. Kabootari Mai, is a markat who runs a family business of funeral services is an extremely loud and dominating woman. Her son Akash marries Sumedha and she refuses to accept her. Kabootri Mai will give a completely unexpected twist that will take viewers totally by surprise.

Rumours were that you were offered Zee tv’s show Ram Milaye Jodi which you accepted but later ditched them last minute to join Imagine’s show. Comment.
I was in Punjab traveling through various cities and had gone for Babaji’s darshan in Amritsar. When did I have time to sign anything on? I didn’t take on any show other than Imagine’s. All these stories are wrong.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:24 PM

Reports are that you signed on this show for a fee of Rs 1 Crore. True?
Main chaye yeh karun main chaye woh karun – meri marzi. I don’t want to comment on money issues but would like to add that ghoda ghaas se dosti karega toh khayega kya? Everyone works for money. I am not social worker and I have to pay bills at the end of the month. I have charged what I deserved and both the channel and I are happy with my fee.

Tags
dolly bindra

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->