Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Kapil Sharma

Views: 2343  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-16-2017, 09:15 PM

Default Kapil Sharma

Kapil Sharma is a comedian, television presenter and also an actor who has a great sense of humour. was born on 2 April 1981 in Amritsar, Punjab. He studied at Hindu college in Amritsar. He was seen hosting the show 'comedy nights with Kapil'. Kapil has made his debut in bollywood with the film Kis Kisko Pyaar Karu. He was also seen as guest on Koffee With Karan Season 5. Currently, he is hosting 'The Kapil Sharma Show' which airs on Sony Tv.

Personal Profile

Name : Kapil Sharma
Date of Birth : 2 April 1981
Birth Place : Amritsar, Punjab, India
Height : 5'8"
Education : Hindu College, Amritsar
Zodiac sign : Aries
Parents : Janak Rani
Siblings : Ashok Kumar Sharma, Pooja Sharma

Old 08-16-2017, 09:16 PM

Latest news

Kapil Sharma is all set to produce his next film named 'Firangi'. I****a Dutt had been roped in to play the lead role. The film will be released on November 10, 2017. Recently, he has received his second Dadasaheb Phalke Award on June 1, 2017.

In 'The Kapil Sharma Show'

Kapil Sharma is seen in Sony TV's "The Kapil Sharma Show". The show stars Navjot Singh Sidhu, Kiku Sharda and Sumona Chakravarti.
Family

Kapil was brought up into a lower-middle class family. His father was a head constable in the Punjab Police who died of cancer in 2004 in New Delhi. His mother is a housewife. Kapil has an elder brother, Ashok Kumar Sharma and a sister named Pooja Sharma.

Career

Kapil Sharma started his career in comedy genre by participating in a reality show 'Ustaadon Ka Ustaad'. He was also the co-host for comedy show Chhote Miyan (2008) with Juhi Parmar on Colors and Great Indian Laughter Challenge Season IV with Chandan Prabhakar. In 2009, he also joined the comedy reality show Hans Baliye on star one, as a wild card entry along with Ginni as his partner.

Kapil has co-hosted the first Punjabi international film awards in 2012 at Toronto. His childhood dream was to become a singer. Kapil won Comedy Circus Ke Taansen and participated in Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur with his partner Shweta Tiwari and won again. Kapil has done serious roles in theatres but also got a perfect sense of timing when it comes to comedy. He is also a great singer and showed his talent in Star Ya Rockstar.

*** The Stand Up Comedian
Girlfriend/Marriage

As per the latest reports, Kapil Sharma is in a relationship with Ginni aka Bhavneeth Chatrarth. They both have known each other for 10 years since his college days in Jalandhar. The couple is most likely to get married next year. Kapil said, "The wedding should hopefully happen in January 2018. I know I've been flirting a lot with Deepika Padukone and other actresses on my show, but I guess now it's time for me to settle down. And I am happy that I have found whatever I wanted, in Ginni."

In Comedy Nights with Kapil

Kapil has hosted one of the most popular shows on television, Comedy Nights With Kapil. It was inspired from the popular British show, The Kumar's at No.42 and has become India's highest rated non-fiction TV show. His entire on-screen crazy family was very entertaining.

In Kis Kisko Pyaar Karu

Kapil Sharma made his bollywood debut with the film Kis Kisko Pyaar Karu directed by director duo Abbas-Mustan which has released on 25 September 2015.

As guest performance
Bigg Boss 6 Grand Finale
Dance India Dance Li'l Masters grand finale
C.I.D. (Indian TV series) Veerata puraskar
Nach Baliye season 5 Premiere (Some Episodes)

Reality Shows

The Great Indian Laughter Challenge
Hans Baliye
Ustaadon Ka Ustaad
Comedy Circus Ke SuperStars
Comedy Circus Ka Jadoo
Jubilee Comedy Circus
Comedy Circus Ke Taansen
Star Ya Rockstar
Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur
Kahani Comedy Circus Ki
Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe