Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

First Elimination : Sony TV's Indian Idol 5

Views: 2997  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-22-2010, 06:59 PM

Thumbs up First Elimination : Sony TV's Indian Idol 5

FIRST ELIMINATION OF INDIAN IDOL 5 CLICK HERE

Old 04-22-2010, 07:01 PM

FIRST ELIMINATION OF INDIAN IDOL CLICK HERE

There are just three days left for Indian Idol season 5 to go on air and there seems be a furor regarding financial issues which have cropped up amongst the jury members.

It’s a well known fact that this season of Sony’s musical reality show has Anu Malik, Sunidhi Chauhan and Salim Merchant on its jury panel. Rumour has it that a cold war has transpired between the channel and Anu regarding the injustice of payment shelled out to him and Sunidhi. Anu has, in fact, warned the channel to take a call immediately and even threatened to quit the show.

A source from the production house said, “Anu is being paid less than Sunidhi.

How much Host, Judge gets for show: While she gets a remuneration of almost 7.5 lakhs per episode, Anu gets 5 lakhs per episode.
This vast difference had annoyed Anu so much that he is not co-operating with the producers now. He is acting difficult with them. Anu refused to attend the press conference of Indian Idol 5 that took place in Delhi two days ago. He is also not taking calls from the channel.”

Danish Khan, vice president and marketing head, Sony Entertainment Television said in an interview, “Yes, we have issues with Anu Malik but there is nothing that cannot be sorted out.”

But Anu is still waiting for that official overture. He said, “The channel has not taken any step to sort out the issue with me. If they do it, fine. Else, I will take a call. I have done four seasons of this show and I am sure that I bring something to the table," defends Anu.

When quizzed about his equation with Sunidhi, Anu insists in the interview, “We get along quite well. We don’t have any major problems, just creative differences.”

Indian Idol starts from April 26th April at 9 pm on Sony.

Tags
indian idol 5, reality show, sony

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->